Are the Bills getting a swagger

I believe in all sports the team takes on its identity of the coach. And it appears the Bills are doing just that. From the players being mentally and physically tougher and the comraderie we are beginning to see, one has to believe our beloved Bills are on the right track. When was the last time we saw our HC stick up for his players the way Chan has? Its been awhile to say the least. I wont point to specifics as they have already been discussed. Now we may not win more than 8 games this year due to some areas of weakness in talent, but I think next year will be the real turning point. So sit back everyone and enjoy the ride...I think it will be interesting and exciting again. Does everyone feel we are on the path to success?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In today's press conference, Gailey said the WRs were actually playing worse rather than better. When was the last time you heard a coach say that? What he meant was they were making more mental errors, not that they sucked. Gailey is not going to let anyone get away doing a half-assed job. That alone will make us a better team.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

In today's press conference, Gailey said the WRs were actually playing worse rather than better. When was the last time you heard a coach say that? What he meant was they were making more mental errors, not that they sucked. Gailey is not going to let anyone get away doing a half-assed job. That alone will make us a better team.

PTR

He must be talking about Jackson and Roscoe and Evans because Hardly can't possibly be getting any worse.

I think what we lack in overall talent, we'll make up with our physical and mental toughness. I look at teams like Houston and think how good they could if they only had a half way decent coach. The Texans have so much talent, but lack discipline- the fault of their coach- Gary Kubiac. Houston is a team that plays to the level of their opponents; but put a guy like Chan in Houston and they'd be playoff bound!

I admit that I wasn't on board with Chan in the beginning- but that was then. It's so nice to finally think that we'll have a tough, disciplined team!

Get ready for week 1- 'Fins your going to get a beat down!

Earn swagger in the regular season.

Agreed, but I'd much rather have a team that has confidence coming into the regular season than one that is in total disarray like last year. Let's hope we are all singing Chan Gailey's praises at the end of the season.

Confidence is a hell of a thing.

Hey now! I still think we are an 8-8 team, +/- 2, but we will play much better this year. The reason why I'm so confident in week 1 is that:

a. We usually play the Fins tough

b. Game is being played in Buffalo.... The home opener

c. Virtually no tape will exist on our team

Now, week two at GB is a different story :( that will be a hard game

Edited by saundena

Hey now! I still think we are an 8-8 team, +/- 2, but we will play much better this year. The reason why I'm so confident in week 1 is that:

a. We usually play the Fins tough

b. Game is being played in Buffalo.... The home opener

c. Virtually no tape will exist on our team

Now, week two at GB is a different story :( that will be a hard game

The GB game will be hard...but at least we wont have the "its hard to win in the NFL" mentality.

I believe in all sports the team takes on its identity of the coach. And it appears the Bills are doing just that. From the players being mentally and physically tougher and the comraderie we are beginning to see, one has to believe our beloved Bills are on the right track. When was the last time we saw our HC stick up for his players the way Chan has? Its been awhile to say the least. I wont point to specifics as they have already been discussed. Now we may not win more than 8 games this year due to some areas of weakness in talent, but I think next year will be the real turning point. So sit back everyone and enjoy the ride...I think it will be interesting and exciting again. Does everyone feel we are on the path to success?

I appreciate your opinion. I too am excited about the upcoming season. I am excited to see a new adequate head coach with inexperienced coordinators take over a less than talented team. I am anxious to see what happens. I am hopeful we can get some wins, be competitive , and build for the future.

As far as a "swagger," I don't see it. What makes you say that we are getting a swagger? Can you validate the Bills swagger? I am being serious and not trying to be a dick. I did like how they looked vs Indy but I wouldn't call it a swagger...

Clearly, Gailey has a confident, surly, edgy persona that hints at nasty. But other than this (which is clearly an appealing change from nice-guy Jauron), what other evidence is there that the team is developing a swagger? How does a team demonstrate swagger in the preseason?

So far I like what I see. In practice Chan was in control and you saw the players absorb his confidence. Then came the Skins game and I was shocked how poorly they played. Then the Indy game...we don't know yet which effort reflects this team.

I just think we need to see a few games that count before we talk swagger. Swagger is for winners - but so far - so good.

PTR

Chan also said he is "excited" about what Parrish is going to bring to the offense. That will ruffle some feathers around here -- you know, the crowd who "know" Roscoe can't cut it as a WR simply because the knuckleheads who have been designing game plans for the past four years have had their heads up their butts.

PTR

Or at the very least, crappy players will be accountable, for once.

I think what we lack in overall talent, we'll make up with our physical and mental toughness. I look at teams like Houston and think how good they could if they only had a half way decent coach. The Texans have so much talent, but lack discipline- the fault of their coach- Gary Kubiac. Houston is a team that plays to the level of their opponents; but put a guy like Chan in Houston and they'd be playoff bound!

I admit that I wasn't on board with Chan in the beginning- but that was then. It's so nice to finally think that we'll have a tough, disciplined team!

Get ready for week 1- 'Fins your going to get a beat down!

When was the last time that we had less penalities than our opponents? Chan is making a significant differenc in the day to day functions. He is showing style, consistency and professionalism. The Bills may not make the playoffs this year, but they are certainly showing significant signs of improvement this year.

This team is Anti-Swagger! Instead , they are BUTCH!

That swagger is gonna get jacked by every team they play this year...