Byrd out indefinitely

tbonestake

Although we are deep at Safety, Byrd was exciting to watch and everytime the ball went up in the air last year, there was a possible INT. What happened after the INT is another story...but still, it sucks to lose one of our more visible and exciting players.

Hurts but safety is still one of our stronger areas with Wilson, Whitner, and Scott,

:lol:

But it's still a huge loss.

???

Byrd wasn't the #1 pick.

He means the Bills will get next years #1 pick.

I used to think the injury problem was a conditioning thing. Now I think it's just a horrible luck thing. :P

Ah.

I'm still not sure I understand his post.

I'm pretty sure he means that just because we are missing one guy (however good he is) who is part of our best unit, in a sport where there are 10 other guys on the field at a time, for an unknown number of games (Could be 1 to 16 at this point), that we are going to lose all but 1 game and as a result have the number one pick in the draft. Thats what I got from it. One ridiculous run-on sentence that has no real basis. How did I do? :lol:

I'm pretty sure he means that just because we are missing one guy (however good he is) who is part of our best unit, in a sport where there are 10 other guys on the field at a time, for an unknown number of games (Could be 1 to 16 at this point), that we are going to lose all but 1 game and as a result have the number one pick in the draft. Thats what I got from it. One ridiculous run-on sentence that has no real basis. How did I do? :lol:

Close. Don't forget early hobbling of Lynch/Jackson, a WR or three and who knows who else.

Same injury Byrd had last season and they will till now for surgery?

He's done for the season....IMHO

I was thinking the same thing. I hope it wasn't nagging him and he just now decided to get the surgery. If it just happened again, then what can you do?

Doesn't mean he's gone for the season. I didn't read both links. The one I did read said likely to miss the opener.

The guy's got football karma. We don't have a alot that seem to.. If he's back inside the first 1/4 season, he'll be an advantage.

Things certainaly appear terrible, but only Easley -right now- may be out for the season. Nicks, bruises and 'pulls' are part of the game.

Chin up, gang! Let's at least be optimistic knowing we're undefeated come Sept.

I'm pretty sure he means that just because we are missing one guy (however good he is) who is part of our best unit, in a sport where there are 10 other guys on the field at a time, for an unknown number of games (Could be 1 to 16 at this point), that we are going to lose all but 1 game and as a result have the number one pick in the draft. Thats what I got from it. One ridiculous run-on sentence that has no real basis. How did I do? :P

Sounds like you nailed the complete idiocy well. :lol:

Doesn't mean he's gone for the season. I didn't read both links. The one I did read said likely to miss the opener.

The guy's got football karma. We don't have a alot that seem to.. If he's back inside the first 1/4 season, he'll be an advantage.

Things certainaly appear terrible, but only Easley -right now- may be out for the season. Nicks, bruises and 'pulls' are part of the game.

Chin up, gang! Let's at least be optimistic knowing we're undefeated come Sept.

No, because with every injury, no matter what kind, we are going to lose more games. So at this point, we will be -2 and 14. Not only are we not going to win any games, but will acutally lose more than no games.

Thus, instead of 0 and 16, we will be -2 and 14.

No, because with every injury, no matter what kind, we are going to lose more games. So at this point, we will be -2 and 14. Not only are we not going to win any games, but will acutally lose more than no games.

Thus, instead of 0 and 16, we will be -2 and 14.

-2 and 18, to keep up a 16 game schedule.

Buffalo Bills starting safety Jairus Byrd is out indefinitely and could miss the season opener after having surgery for the third time in 13 months to repair a groin injury according to the Associated Press.

Coach Chan Gailey announced the news after the Bills arrived in Toronto on Wednesday, a day before they face Indianapolis in a preseason game. Gailey said it's unclear whether Byrd will be ready to play Sept. 12 when Buffalo opens the season against Miami.

"It looks like he's going to be out for a while," Gailey said. "We're hoping first game, but it may be not."

Gailey said the injury is related to the groin injury that ended Byrd's season last year. Byrd had surgery to repair the injury this past offseason. And that followed an operation he had to repair a sports hernia last summer, which forced him to miss the first three weeks of training camp.

Gailey said Byrd's groin had been bothering him during training camp, and it grew worse after practice Monday night. Byrd had been absent from practice on Tuesday.

good thing they took the TVs out of the weight room and have been doing squats..........morons.

I had the same injury that Byrd has and had. I had the surgery performed by the same doc who does NFL and NHL players. Lemme tell ya you never feel the same after,

What was the injury from last year? Chan has been very vague on injuries throughout training camp, but the way the article was written i'm not sure where everyone is getting that he is out for the season.

It states he "could miss the season opener after having surgery to repair a groin injury." and "Gailey said it's unclear whether Byrd will be ready to play Sept. 12 when Buffalo opens the season against Miami." Didn't Poz just have groin surgery like 3 weeks ago and is playing tomorrow?

What was the injury from last year? Chan has been very vague on injuries throughout training camp, but the way the article was written i'm not sure where everyone is getting that he is out for the season.

It states he "could miss the season opener after having surgery to repair a groin injury." and "Gailey said it's unclear whether Byrd will be ready to play Sept. 12 when Buffalo opens the season against Miami." Didn't Poz just have groin surgery like 3 weeks ago and is playing tomorrow?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5474827

he had a sports hernia, which is micro tears in groin. Not a shearing tear like a hammy or pec but it becomes really sore and cant be rehabbed. Surgery is required.

I had a bad one so recovery was 8 weeks. his is prob smaller so think 4-6