Favre en route to Minnesota?

bills44

Favre is a living, breathing football God. He can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. It'll be sad when he really does retire when he's 54.

Hopefully he'll keep throwing conference championship losing interceptions.

Um.... Isn't this a Bills site?????

So why would I care unless he's coming to Buffalo?

I can tell this guy is going to be a fascinating contributor to The Wall. :D

For all those complaining cause they say Favre already retired, the media was the one that said that he retired and that he texted other players saying this. Favre has never came out this offseason and officially say he is done, he did say that he needed his ankle to heal to be able to play this year

For everyone blaming Favre, if you really looked at whats happened, the media is more to blame then him cause they are the ones saying it, not him

I can tell this guy is going to be a fascinating contributor to The Wall. :thumbdown:

...and yet, not only did he open a thread that was clearly not about the Bills, he posted not once but twice in that thread. I don't think that we are dealing with a Mensa candidate here.

I'd like Brett a whole lot more if he just came out and said: "**** you and **** your training camp. I'll be there Week 1 slinging touchdowns. Later b******!"

If sitting out of training camp is the main reason for it, I don't get why he doesn't just say a clean variant of the above.

People would respect an approach that lets him save a little wear and tear on his body while letting the backups get the playing time in camp. Lord knows Bruuuuce was the master at timing "minor knee surgeries" just so he would miss camp. Favre should just say flat out, "I will not be at training camp. I'll show up in time to get ready for when the games count." Guys like them have paid their dues.

For all those complaining cause they say Favre already retired, the media was the one that said that he retired and that he texted other players saying this. Favre has never came out this offseason and officially say he is done, he did say that he needed his ankle to heal to be able to play this year

For everyone blaming Favre, if you really looked at whats happened, the media is more to blame then him cause they are the ones saying it, not him

In all of the retirement drama, a deal of it is on Favre... but it's amplified 2,000 times by the new 24/7 media hype. I'm sure older guys back in the day (Y.A. Tittle, George Blanda, etc.) wavered on retirement year-to-year depending on how their body felt, but they didn't have E$PN, FOX, Yahoo! Sports, etc. etc. crawling up their snizzle at every turn.

And at least Favre has the ability to mock the media-created perception of him.