Incompetence! ...oh, NEVERMIND.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta take him at his word. His retiring on August 15 doesn't mean he wasn't tradable last April.

c'mon, really? he wasn't tradeable because he didn't know if he was going to play. and, as it turns out, he's not playing. never mind the fact that he wasn't tradeable back then, given the makeup of his contract and his state of mind, whatever trade you think might have materialized in april would, at this point be void.

why? he's retiring.

it's that simple. why must this dead -- actually not dead but, rather phantom -- horse continue to be flogged.

jw

c'mon, really? he wasn't tradeable because he didn't know if he was going to play. and, as it turns out, he's not playing. never mind the fact that he wasn't tradeable back then, given the makeup of his contract and his state of mind, whatever trade you think might have materialized in april would, at this point be void.

why? he's retiring.

it's that simple. why must this dead -- actually not dead but, rather phantom -- horse continue to be flogged.

jw

two words. Brett Favre.

finitum est.

I'm wondering what is the cap impact for the Bills. Given they cut him is he still a hit to the cap or do they get relief now that retirement is announced?

Like Fingon said, there is no cap. But the Bills save Schobel's $8M roster bonus plus salary this year, and his unamortized SB accelerates into this year, so it doesn't impact future years.

Like Fingon said, there is no cap. But the Bills save Schobel's $8M roster bonus plus salary this year, and his unamortized SB accelerates into this year, so it doesn't impact future years.

How much will they save after they cut Chris Kelsay? I don't see him transitioning very well to outside linebacker in the 3-4.

How much will they save after they cut Chris Kelsay? I don't see him transitioning very well to outside linebacker in the 3-4.

This is the last year of his contract. He has a base salary of $3.7M that they'd save, while the unamortized portion of his SB ($2M) would have been accounted for anyway.

People were calling out Nix because they thought he didn't try or couldn't trade the guy. Realistically, Schobel couldn't make it to a team he wanted to play for when he was a free agent.

I think a bunch of you on here owe Buddy an apology.

Gotta take him at his word. His retiring on August 15 doesn't mean he wasn't tradable last April.

Since his position in April was maybe I will retire and maybe I won't, not sure if I want to play, etc you would need a mighty foolish trade partner indeed. (expecially give his salary and the fact he was on the downside of his career anyway) Poeple need to get off this "we should have traded Schobel" thing. I think the Bills handled this correctly, even in retrospect.