While we were watching the game...I was busy getting

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I hope the 30% sale IS for the Bills. The sooner we get some clarification/resolution of the succession plan, the better!

As much as we'd all like it, I think it makes no sense for anyone to release the details of their plans until the letter of intent singed. Why compete against themselves? Ralph would have to be serious about sitting down and listening to a deal, if it was my deal, before I released detail 1 to him. The last thing I want is the details of my offer in the press, only to have Ralph deconstruct it in the press. He might be old, but he's clearly still a good businessman, and an excellent marketer. I would be wary of him. And he's not even the largest concern: I would be even more wary of the NFL in general, and specifically the other owners like Jerry Jones, who have 0 interest in my meeting with success in owning the team and keeping it in Buffalo.

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking that something is up lately because of how quiet Kelly has been and even Ralph. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of the transfer/sale of the Buffalo Bills to Jim Kelly's group (I'm going to guess that Tom Golisano and/or Bob Rich and/or Jeremy Jacobs and/or Donald Trump are involved). I wonder if this deal that they are working on is for minority ownership so they can start out with a little piece of the Bills, while Ralph still controls the team...making it much easier for them to buy the rest when Ralph passes....

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking that something is up lately because of how quiet Kelly has been and even Ralph. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of the transfer/sale of the Buffalo Bills to Jim Kelly's group (I'm going to guess that Tom Golisano and/or Bob Rich and/or Jeremy Jacobs and/or Donald Trump are involved). I wonder if this deal that they are working on is for minority ownership so they can start out with a little piece of the piece, while Ralph still controls the team...making it much easier for them to buy the rest when Ralph passes....

Larry Ellison seemed to make a shrewd move when he partnered with the minority owners of the Golden State Warriors in bidding for that team. However, Larry's "craftiness" backfired when he was too late submitting his final bid.

What he should have done was buy out the minority owners, which is what's being suggested here.

As much as we'd all like it, I think it makes no sense for anyone to release the details of their plans until the letter of intent singed. Why compete against themselves? Ralph would have to be serious about sitting down and listening to a deal, if it was my deal, before I released detail 1 to him. The last thing I want is the details of my offer in the press, only to have Ralph deconstruct it in the press. He might be old, but he's clearly still a good businessman, and an excellent marketer. I would be wary of him. And he's not even the largest concern: I would be even more wary of the NFL in general, and specifically the other owners like Jerry Jones, who have 0 interest in my meeting with success in owning the team and keeping it in Buffalo.

I wasn't suggesting we know the details, just that 30% of the Bills had been sold to an ownership group. That would pretty much signal that the team was staying in Buffalo and destroy the "the team will be auctioned off" claptrap.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a thread on The Stadium Wall about Jim Kelly buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo. I guess it's pretty serious.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a thread on The Stadium Wall about Jim Kelly buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo. I guess it's pretty serious.

now this i can believe

I have heard from a very reliable source that Kelly's "guy" is very real, but does not live in Buffalo at all. Kelly would surely be a broker/front man in any deal, and it's highly likely that there are several if not many members of an investment group involved. It could include the car czar, but I'm pretty sure Kelly's guy is not one of the usual suspects and isn't a Buffalo car czar.

That said, the two dudes could easily be part of the same group, and the car guy is playing up his end a little.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Kelly's "guy" is very real, but does not live in Buffalo at all. Kelly would surely be a broker/front man in any deal, and it's highly likely that there are several if not many members of an investment group involved. It could include the car czar, but I'm pretty sure Kelly's guy is not one of the usual suspects and isn't a Buffalo car czar.

That said, the two dudes could easily be part of the same group, and the car guy is playing up his end a little.

This has now made it's way over to another site in the "rumor" section. It's very interesting and I hope it's true because God knows this team needs a new owner.

I can't believe I just wasted a minute of my life reading this post. "I know a guy who knows jack shat about nothing and he told me JK is going to buy the team and put all the miserable souls in Buffalo hearts at ease". I'm sure this person is quite knowledgabke on estate planning and the tax ramifications of the sale of a mutlimillion dollar asset. I'm sure this person has access to a 90 y/o man's inner thoughts.

I truly hope it aint so, but this is it folks. This is the last year of the Bills in Buffalo. 2-14 is how they are going to go out. There will be a lockout next year. There won't even be scab teams. The new CBA is likely to be domintaed by teams like NE, Dallas, and Washington and will further squeeze out the small markets. Even if RW is alive they still may not be here in 2012.

I have thought, all along, Jim Kelly's public posturing, particularly a year or two ago, was an indication that he had some very definite plan in motion. He just sounded to sure of himself. I hope OC's stuff is legit...I think we are going to need some good news this year. We deserve something... also, I thought Jim's comments about Trent Edwards (con and later pro) as well as the hiring of Chan Gailey, sounded like they were coming from a guy who had more than a fan's interest. He just seems to speak, on the subject of the Bills, like he has a big secret that he is dying to get out.

God speed to you Jimbo! :thumbdown: