EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!

I've been reading through the threads lately and all i see is " oh the bills will suck" or " Trent sucks" or " There is no hope".

Guys. Relax. It's the first preseason game for crying out loud. There are still 3 more preseason games to go. I guarantee that if we light it up in Toronto against Indy, everyone will be talking about us going unbeaten.

After watching this, here are some reasons on why we shouldntt panic just yet:

1. Our backups on D wont all be on the field during the regular season like today. I hope.

2. 3 o-line starters not playing.

3. Lynch and Jackson only played like half of the first quarter.

4. Edwards has nowhere to go but up after his performance today.

5. Our new coach might actually fix some of our mistakes

6. Steve Johnson looked pretty good, and will be the 2nd receiver

7. Poz, our best linebacker, didnt play.

8. There are still 3 more preseason games left to play

9. As my saying goes, in order to succeed, you must fail.

10. If Edwards can improve, and i think he will, the whole team will improve

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can make excuses for just about anything. We looked like poop and the 'skins looked good. You can't tell me what happened tonight was good for our guys.

Yes, this was tough to watch. There were some players that looked good tonight, but overall there was not much to sing about.

Even after the Bills opening drive, things were looking good, then total collapse. I'm not going to lose that much sleep over it, and will wait and see what Gailey and Co. do during practice this week.

I've been reading through the threads lately and all i see is " oh the bills will suck" or " Trent sucks" or " There is no hope".

Guys. Relax. It's the first preseason game for crying out loud. There are still 3 more preseason games to go. I guarantee that if we light it up in Toronto against Indy, everyone will be talking about us going unbeaten.

1. Our backups on D wont all be on the field during the regular season like today. I hope.

The problem is that Trent looked exactly as he has always looked. Makes a couple of ok throws, then checks down on 3rd and 13 with NO pressure on him and throws a 3 yard pass to Lynch who had no blockers...then he scrambles a few steps out of the pocket and throws a weak pass off his back foot to the sideline for an INT when he doesnt have the arm strength to make that already dangerous pass.

Seriously, how was Trent any different than before tonight to give anyone hope he will get better? He hasnt gotten better since he left High School...what difference will 3 more preseason games make? Honestly, I just want to know what to pin the hopes of his improvement on.

just rewatched some replays of plays before interception, and interception.

Throw to johnson down left side a shade to long. Trent let it fly while completely surrounded, had he been able to step into it possible connection and TD.

Throw to Evans. TE kept head up and saw his receiver and let it fly as LE was moving to outside. At the point he released D. Hall had just recovered turning toward Evans in full stride. Had TE been able to step into throw instead of away, probably more zip. However, i don't think it would have mattered, Hall had full head of steam and would have made intercept. Evans was going wrong way and could not reverse in time. Finally, Spiller missing block caused the whole play to blow up. If he gets a body on the defender TE makes a clean throw and completion IMHO.

My new concern is the D-line. Where is the pressure going to come from? They were flat awful. Our pass rushing LB Maybin got tossed around like a rag doll. Maybe Buddy can convince Schoebel to come back. Seriously.

Color me Convinced!!! :censored:

just rewatched some replays of plays before interception, and interception.

Throw to johnson down left side a shade to long. Trent let it fly while completely surrounded, had he been able to step into it possible connection and TD.

Throw to Evans. TE kept head up and saw his receiver and let it fly as LE was moving to outside. At the point he released D. Hall had just recovered turning toward Evans in full stride. Had TE been able to step into throw instead of away, probably more zip. However, i don't think it would have mattered, Hall had full head of steam and would have made intercept. Evans was going wrong way and could not reverse in time. Finally, Spiller missing block caused the whole play to blow up. If he gets a body on the defender TE makes a clean throw and completion IMHO.

idk reviews of plays like this are just not allowed.... people here have made up there minds. /sarcasm

i watched the game on DVR too. Thought the blocking for the most part was pretty terrible from the Right side/running backs/tight ends. Evans really could have made some sort of play on the ball.

My new concern is the D-line. Where is the pressure going to come from? They were flat awful. Our pass rushing LB Maybin got tossed around like a rag doll. Maybe Buddy can convince Schoebel to come back. Seriously.

Idk how much it will help but Kelsay wasn't playing either.

The problem is that Trent looked exactly as he has always looked. Makes a couple of ok throws, then checks down on 3rd and 13 with NO pressure on him and throws a 3 yard pass to Lynch who had no blockers...then he scrambles a few steps out of the pocket and throws a weak pass off his back foot to the sideline for an INT when he doesnt have the arm strength to make that already dangerous pass.

Seriously, how was Trent any different than before tonight to give anyone hope he will get better? He hasnt gotten better since he left High School...what difference will 3 more preseason games make? Honestly, I just want to know what to pin the hopes of his improvement on.

I'd have to agree with you...after all the talk about all he's learning under the new coach and blah blah blah...he goes out there and looks exactly like he did before he got benched last year.

The clock is winding down on the Trent Edwards era....

The D-Line is a concern, but we knew that going in. There are some players on the team that have played mostly in 4-3 defenses, i.e. Williams & Stroud. Now they are in new positions. We knew that going into the season that the 3-4 switch would have a huge affect on our D-Line. Losing Schobel makes it even harder too.

Having said all that, I was impressed by the play of Dwan Edwards. Of course he's played in a 3-4, and it appears we are going to need him to lead by example for us.

The Bills come out flat, get lambasted 42-17 in their first game and you're telling folks to calm down after an 11 season playoff drought?

Are you still alive Ralph?

I felt like the Bills did *not* come out flat. The first couple of possessions, they looked pretty sharp on both sides of the ball. Which means their total collapse afterwards is even more of a concern.

I felt like the Bills did *not* come out flat. The first couple of possessions, they looked pretty sharp on both sides of the ball. Which means their total collapse afterwards is even more of a concern.

Exactly. What happened after the first drives by the defense and offense were troublesome.

Its not the end of the world but its not an encouraging sign either. I wasn't expecting much out of the Offense but one thing that really worried me was how the D looked. But of course if we look good in the next game it will all be OK. Even if we look like crap in the pre-season it still doesn't count come opening day.

I will calm down when Trent Edwards is cut. I have never seen a QB stare down a receiver like he does. Absolutely no pocket presence, and no spark. The guy is no good, and my name is not even Darth.