EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!

I've been reading through the threads lately and all i see is " oh the bills will suck" or " Trent sucks" or " There is no hope".

Guys. Relax. It's the first preseason game for crying out loud. There are still 3 more preseason games to go. I guarantee that if we light it up in Toronto against Indy, everyone will be talking about us going unbeaten.

After watching this, here are some reasons on why we shouldntt panic just yet:

1. Our backups on D wont all be on the field during the regular season like today. I hope.

2. 3 o-line starters not playing.

3. Lynch and Jackson only played like half of the first quarter.

4. Edwards has nowhere to go but up after his performance today.

5. Our new coach might actually fix some of our mistakes

6. Steve Johnson looked pretty good, and will be the 2nd receiver

7. Poz, our best linebacker, didnt play.

8. There are still 3 more preseason games left to play

9. As my saying goes, in order to succeed, you must fail.

10. If Edwards can improve, and i think he will, the whole team will improve

That's all well and done but let's face some serious facts:

1. Our QB situation isn't pretty

2. Our OL is awful, ok we sat some of the starters but that shows our backups aren't really good

3. this team lacks depth....and with our injury record lack of quality backup is not good

4. Injuries yet again....wow is this team snake bite with injuries

5. Who's gonna catch the ball?

6. Pass rush, do we have one and how come Aaron Maybin struggles against the other guys backup?

Yes it's the preseason and only 1 game but thee wasn't anything to suggest this team will do anything than what EVERYONE thinks it will do...completely suck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading through the threads lately and all i see is " oh the bills will suck" or " Trent sucks" or " There is no hope".

Guys. Relax. It's the first preseason game for crying out loud. There are still 3 more preseason games to go. I guarantee that if we light it up in Toronto against Indy, everyone will be talking about us going unbeaten.

1. Our backups on D wont all be on the field during the regular season like today. I hope.

2. 3 o-line starters not playing.

3. Lynch and Jackson only played like half of the first quarter.

4. Edwards has nowhere to go but up after his performance today.

5. Our new coach might actually fix some of our mistakes

6. Steve Johnson looked pretty good, and will be the 2nd receiver

7. Poz, our best linebacker, didnt play.

8. There are still 3 more preseason games left to play

10. If Edwards can improve, and i think he will, the whole team will improve.

+1

I didn't see the game, saw the score late last night, and said "man, they got hammered!". Then I saw that it was 3-7 when the starters were in and thought "okay, not as bad as it seemed.". Then I read the play-by-play and saw the highlights and said "why is everyone freaking out?". The Bills forced a punt on the first series and would have forced another on the second series, if not for that absolutely BS call on Maybin (I think it has finally gotten to the point where defenders shouldn't even try to hit the QB anymore :beer:). Nevermind the TD that wasn't (and it should have been challenged, at least in a real game), which would led to a 4th down at the 4 yard line.

On offense, they scored a FG on their first series, despite missing 3 starters on the O-line and Jackson and Lynch playing sparingly. Now Trent's INT wasn't good, but I'd give him another start with a quick hook next game.

I've been reading posts like this for years. Somehow the optimistic tone of the threads never translates into the Bills winning games.

amen .... while it is only preseason the offense reminded me of last season ..... new scheme same sad results. Chan has his work cut out for him. I guess we learned why having three rb's in the NFL can be valuable. Jackson looked sharp coming out.

+1

I didn't see the game, saw the score late last night, and said "man, they got hammered!". Then I saw that it was 3-7 when the starters were in and thought "okay, not as bad as it seemed.". Then I read the play-by-play and saw the highlights and said "why is everyone freaking out?". The Bills forced a punt on the first series and would have forced another on the second series, if not for that absolutely BS call on Maybin (I think it has finally gotten to the point where defenders shouldn't even try to hit the QB anymore :wallbash:). Nevermind the TD that wasn't (and it should have been challenged, at least in a real game), which would led to a 4th down at the 4 yard line.

On offense, they scored a FG on their first series, despite missing 3 starters on the O-line and Jackson and Lynch playing sparingly. Now Trent's INT wasn't good, but I'd give him another start with a quick hook next game.

Hey DOC, I have a grand idea. Why don't you watch the game before you comment on the game. Then maybe your judgement won't be so clouded.

You have a lot of gull to comment on a game that you haven't even seen. Just reguratating second hand information. Don't insult our intelligence or at least mine. Watch the tape and then talk...

Hey DOC, I have a grand idea. Why don't you watch the game before you comment on the game. Then maybe your judgement won't be so clouded.

I saw all I needed to see, sparky. Not to mention it was just the first pre-season game.:wallbash:

Watched the game on nfl.com preseason live. Nice Feed. hooked it up to my Bigscreen. Was Great. Able to pause/rewind at any time. Think I'll get Rewind for season as we won't be getting many Bills game in Florida this year being in the Jacksonville market.

Been rewatching game today. Two defenders stood out LB Coleman - cut. Corner should have had two picks for TD's - took his eye off the first one. On second one looked away from their Qb at the goalline because he lost his receiver. just long enough for grossman to fire the ball past him.

The problem is that Trent looked exactly as he has always looked. Makes a couple of ok throws, then checks down on 3rd and 13 with NO pressure on him and throws a 3 yard pass to Lynch who had no blockers...then he scrambles a few steps out of the pocket and throws a weak pass off his back foot to the sideline for an INT when he doesnt have the arm strength to make that already dangerous pass.

Seriously, how was Trent any different than before tonight to give anyone hope he will get better? He hasnt gotten better since he left High School...what difference will 3 more preseason games make? Honestly, I just want to know what to pin the hopes of his improvement on.

Trent is getting nowhere. I never watch the games expecting anything from him. The problem is, it's hard to evaluate many of the other players on the offense because so much hinges on Trents performance. How can anyone reach much of a conclusion about ANY of the receivers when the QB's on this team suck so bad? The running game suffers too, because the defense doesn't have to worry about the passing game. It's a mess, and it has been for YEARS.

I'd have to agree with you...after all the talk about all he's learning under the new coach and blah blah blah...he goes out there and looks exactly like he did before he got benched last year.

The clock is winding down on the Trent Edwards era....

No it's not. That's what is so discouraging. They don't have anyone better.

10. If Edwards can improve, and i think he will, the whole team will improve

9. i thought we failed last year and last decade. i dont want to apply this saying to us anymore!!!!

10. based on what????

i think he wont BASED on his past performances where the nerves get to him. oh yeah, and based on last night. he was very very bad. Everyboy please stop saying 1st drive was super awesome. we got a freaking field goal. at best, it was freaking average.

WTF did people expect? You don't gameplan for the 1st week of preseason and your depth charts aren't set. 3 out of the 5 oline starters were out along with Poz. A new coaching staff. They had the Skins stopped and then Maybin had a penalty that kept a drive along. They alos averaged 8.1 ypc and allowed only 3.4 ypc. Those are huge positives.

People jsut have insane expectations. If this was game 3, I'd be worried. But freaking out about a game 1 of the preseason seems like you don't have much going on in your life.

The problem is that Trent looked exactly as he has always looked. Makes a couple of ok throws, then checks down on 3rd and 13 with NO pressure on him and throws a 3 yard pass to Lynch who had no blockers...then he scrambles a few steps out of the pocket and throws a weak pass off his back foot to the sideline for an INT when he doesnt have the arm strength to make that already dangerous pass.

Seriously, how was Trent any different than before tonight to give anyone hope he will get better? He hasnt gotten better since he left High School...what difference will 3 more preseason games make? Honestly, I just want to know what to pin the hopes of his improvement on.

well said.

EVERY NLF FREAKING QB will make some ok throws. that doesnt mean they're good.

WTF did people expect? You don't gameplan for the 1st week of preseason and your depth charts aren't set. 3 out of the 5 oline starters were out along with Poz. A new coaching staff. They had the Skins stopped and then Maybin had a penalty that kept a drive along. They alos averaged 8.1 ypc and allowed only 3.4 ypc. Those are huge positives.

People jsut have insane expectations. If this was game 3, I'd be worried. But freaking out about a game 1 of the preseason seems like you don't have much going on in your life.

i was not expecting a win. i was just hearing so many great things about trent. remember the thread "he's the best in camp" bla bla bla

he chokes on live games in my book.

I had low expectations. Here is what your missing. I wasn't expecting a great tactical x's and o's game. It is the first preseason game like you said. With that said, I was expecting to see the players play with emotion, fight, toughness, tenacity, etc...I was expecting the coaching staff to have a command presence, a leadership quality, a sense of toughness, a winning attitude. Instead, I saw the opposite. A coaching staff that looked awestruck and lost. Perhaps they underestimated the lack of talent. I saw players who showed no urgency to keep their jobs or break into the starting lineup. In the end, this type of preformance and attitude will not lead to us winning many games preseason or otherwise. IMHO, there is a sense of urgency...

I had low expectations. Here is what your missing. I wasn't expecting a great tactical x's and o's game. It is the first preseason game like you said. With that said, I was expecting to see the players play with emotion, fight, toughness, tenacity, etc...I was expecting the coaching staff to have a command presence, a leadership quality, a sense of toughness, a winning attitude. Instead, I saw the opposite. A coaching staff that looked awestruck and lost. Perhaps they underestimated the lack of talent. I saw players who showed no urgency to keep their jobs or break into the starting lineup.

Lucky for us, preseason openers don't count. They could have lost 540 to negative 36 and it still doesn't make.

Like I said, if they put a display like that on in game 3, then that's panic time. But not after an opener. It's silly to overreact to it, both positively or negatively.