Van Halen Reuniting

Haven't they announced that they were getting back together a few times already and then when they actually do they realize how much they hate each other and it doesn't happen.

I'll believe it when I see it. And I am a Van Halen fan.

Haven't they announced that they were getting back together a few times already and then when they actually do they realize how much they hate each other and it doesn't happen.

Has it ever been to the extent that an album was announced though?

Wow, lots of Van Halen haters.

<_<

To be fair, I don't hate Van Halen at all. I just would rather remember them during their peak years in the late 70s and early 80s.

Like BB27 alluded to, I think they've gone to the well one too many times.

They were together - they toured in '07 with Roth. So, what makes this so hard to believe. It seems to me they've never really gone away, in their various incarnations.

Good lord, it looks like Wolfgang ATE Michael Anthony!

And it's mind-blowing to me that the first reunion attempt was 14 years ago, in summer of 1996. I remember some interns who I didn't know at the time (but who became good friends) during the orientation for internal medicine internship talking about it. I liked the songs "Me Wise Magic" and "Can't Get This Stuff No More" and hoped they'd reunite, but DLR couldn't help acting like a dick and ruined it.

I also can't believe that the time the band burst onto the scene to the time they broke up was just 7 years (1978-1985), although they were together for 6 years before that.