Cut Wish List

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would definitely be on my first cut list for TSW. Others may overlook you because you never actually offer one ounce of Bills related content, but you have my vote because your hackneyed responses are boring and always an attack on TSW or it's posters.
I would trade Lurker to the Phillipino league. :worthy:

Agree. As I've written before, I won't root against anyone who is a member of the Buffalo Bills.

If we trust Nix and Gailey and Co. to make the wisest choices, I would say that I'm rooting for the best 53 players to make this football team. And I would wish good luck to those who don't make the final cut.

p.s- And to those posters here who have their favorite "whipping boys" on the Buffalo Bills, what will all of you say if Kelsay and/or Whitner and/or Trent have a great season? How many of you will own up to their former opinions and eat their words?

I would guess not many. Most of you will play it off like "it's all good" and pretend that there was never a problem, even though you took nearly every opportunity to defame that player that you love to hate.

There are unfortunately lots of "crusaders" on this board…and those types of people just target a new whipping boy when their old one is finally deposed, because that's what crusaders do.

I will congratulate them for finally listening to my constructive criticism and turning their careers around. :worthy:

You would definitely be on my first cut list for TSW. Others may overlook you because you never actually offer one ounce of Bills related content, but you have my vote because your hackneyed responses are boring and always an attack on TSW or it's posters.

Nice contribution to the thread, BADO. :worthy:

I will wait to see how some of these bubble players look in the new defense, and with a different offensive philosophy. But looking at the OP's list I will make a few comments:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

I think you will get this list. I guess Kelsay has a chance to stick, but I can't imagine Ellison contributing much in this new D. He played his heart out, and was a serviceable backup (who unfortunately had to start far too often) in the 4-3, IMO. Ryan had to win the starting job to stick, I think, and that doesn't look as though it is a possibility right now.

They must step up or go as well:

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Beastmode (trade hopefully)

I think most of these guys stay, McCargo may be cut. Lynch won't be cut, but might be traded. Youboty is a very good defender who, unfortunately, misses too much playing time. But he's too good to cut, IMO. Hardy sticks unless he stinks it up in camp and another WR with good height really steps up and surprises in Camp/preseason.

Must step up but obviously staying:

Aaron Maybin (makes me cringe every time I watch Orakpo play)

Trent Edwards

I also wanted the Bills to draft Orakpo, but they didn't. That reason alone is not sufficient to bash Maybin. Last year was basically a lost season for him (not really that unusual for NFL rookies, even highly drafted ones). This is a D that should be more to his suiting and he might actually see some playing time when he is in a position to contribute. I agree he needs to step up, but let's give the guy a chance to do so.

The approach is a bit odd to me in that while I think there are players who I believe will get cut it is the rare player that I actually wish he gets cut. However, some fans get enjoyment out of seeing others suffer so I guess whatever floats one's boat.

Yeah, when I was watching the training camp highlights the other night, Chris Brown was mentioning that David Nelson was injured. It was hard not to think about the fact that that might blow his chances of making the NFL roster and thus having any bit of an NFL career. That must be rough.

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Trent Edwards

What say you??

I want to see Maybin, Ellis and Kelsay actually play in game conditions before I make up my mind on any of them...

I don't understand the want of trading/cutting Lynch.

If he is productive (which he easily can be) he's great insurance since Jackson is a bit old. Lynch is 24, Spiller is 23... I think that's a *great* 1-2 punch. Chan and Nix are no BS guys, I think they'll keep Lynch in line (along with him naturally maturing).

Keep Beastmode. I hope he picks up more carries this year and returns back to his productive self.

Isn't it ironic? :worthy:

And I love the cut list. It'd be real awesome if someone did that at your job site. I guess because they are football players, they don't have families.

I'm sorry, if you root for a person to lose their job, you're a loser. I want the roster the coaches think is going to help us win the most games. But rooting for someone to lose a job, in an economy like this, seems mean-spirited.

I'll get off my high horse now.

Isn't it ironic? :worthy:

And I love the cut list. It'd be real awesome if someone did that at your job site. I guess because they are football players, they don't have families.

I'm sorry, if you root for a person to lose their job, you're a loser. I want the roster the coaches think is going to help us win the most games. But rooting for someone to lose a job, in an economy like this, seems mean-spirited.

I'll get off my high horse now.

I would trade C.Biscuit97 to the Guatamalan league. :D

:worthy:

Yeah, when I was watching the training camp highlights the other night, Chris Brown was mentioning that David Nelson was injured. It was hard not to think about the fact that that might blow his chances of making the NFL roster and thus having any bit of an NFL career. That must be rough.

If the Bills think highly of Nelson they will put him on the PUP list for the season and stash him that way. It seems minor injuries can sometimes become season ending for bubble guys in camp.

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Trent Edwards

What say you??

I think Kelsey will make it.

Fitz and Brohm will duke it out in preseaon for the back up spot.

I think Hardy and Maybin will make it.

Chambers is one of the few vets on the OL so that will help his case. He is not good but we have almost no experience without him.

I do think that Youboty is on the bubble, as is Ellis and McCargo.

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Trent Edwards

What say you??

I agree with other posters that this board certainly gets wrapped up in creating whipping boys of players like Whitner and Kelsay who play their hearts out doing what the coaches want them to do but don't get the headlines because of lack of interceptions or sacks. Kelsay had a really good year last year playing the 'D' that our team had ... sounds like the coaches really like him for this new OLB position but Ellis may be pushing him for the starting slot.

As for your list:

Chris Kelsay - he stays in either a starting or key back-up role.

Keith Ellison - Never deserved to be subject to the criticism of this board because he fit into our prior defensive scheme of small fast players. His talent should have him in a ST or back-up role on a team playing the 4-3 so I agree we cut him but he might end up on the Giants.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - A really good #2 guy but unless he works miracles in the preseason games he will be gone.

Chris Ellis - Read the Coach Chan's comments ... Ellis is not going anywhere because he has already stepped up.

James Hardy - An interesting dilemma at wide-out since it is pretty clear that Stevie Johnson is quickly nailing down the #2 slot. We have a lot of young quality receivers and Hardy needs to show something in the preseason or he will find himself at the back of the pack.

John McCargo - I think he is cut with the first cuts ...

Ashton Youboty - We are keeping him. Our strength is the secondary and even though he won't be in the nickle package it is pretty clear that we will keep six DB's and he'll be one of them.

Kirk Chambers - Although he stepped up to fill in at many spots in the line his diversity is not going to save him. The reports I have read from this camp have him as the worst lineman in camp. But, again the game action can change opinions and he can play all 5 spots on the line.

Beastmode (trade hopefully) - No way! BEAST is staying put ... the running game is going to be our bread and butter this year. Unless a team like Denver puts a solid trade offer in place Marshawn is staying and he seems to have the right attitude as a team guy for now.

Aaron Maybin (makes me cringe every time I watch Orakpo play) - CLEARLY NEEDS to show something ..

Trent Edwards - Hoping Chan is able to get him turned around ...

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Trent Edwards

What say you??

While I agree that some of the guys you suggest are not top of the line talent, at this point, some have value in that they are experienced depth, if nothing better. Unless you have someone better to replace a guy (like Ellison for instance) he could be of value.

Also, I so want Ashton Youboty to make this team. I really think, if he could just stay healty (after 4 years, that is a big "if") he could be a very special player. He has shown flashes...after getting off to a slow start his rookie year. But, he just can't stay on the field.

While I agree that some of the guys you suggest are not top of the line talent, at this point, some have value in that they are experienced depth, if nothing better. Unless you have someone better to replace a guy (like Ellison for instance) he could be of value.

Also, I so want Ashton Youboty to make this team. I really think, if he could just stay healty (after 4 years, that is a big "if") he could be a very special player. He has shown flashes...after getting off to a slow start his rookie year. But, he just can't stay on the field.

Agree on Youboty, not too many players on the roster have as much potential for greatness as him. I'm also hoping he can stay healthy and put it all together.

QUOTE (Hplarrm @ Aug 7 2010, 02:16 AM)

The approach is a bit odd to me in that while I think there are players who I believe will get cut it is the rare player that I actually wish he gets cut. However, some fans get enjoyment out of seeing others suffer so I guess whatever floats one's boat.

Agree. As I've written before, I won't root against anyone who is a member of the Buffalo Bills.

If we trust Nix and Gailey and Co. to make the wisest choices, I would say that I'm rooting for the best 53 players to make this football team. And I would wish good luck to those who don't make the final cut.

p.s- And to those posters here who have their favorite "whipping boys" on the Buffalo Bills, what will all of you say if Kelsay and/or Whitner and/or Trent have a great season? How many of you will own up to their former opinions and eat their words?

I would guess not many. Most of you will play it off like "it's all good" and pretend that there was never a problem, even though you took nearly every opportunity to defame that player that you love to hate.

There are unfortunately lots of "crusaders" on this board…and those types of people just target a new whipping boy when their old one is finally deposed, because that's what crusaders do.

Some of the most msiguided crticism of a post I have ever read on this board.

He and the others are not rooting against the Bills by naming the players they think are weakest on the Bills, hence, the ones he wants cut.

What self-rightheous nonsense by the two posters criticizing this as rooting against Bills players. (See the bold above for the most outrageous example of this.)

I don't understand the strong dislike, even hate, towards any of these players. I understand there being disappointment

that some of the players drafted highly haven't lived up to their draft status - every team has that.

Many of the guys on the initial list, though, are real try-hard guys who work very hard to maximize their abilities. In that

list I include:

Donte Whitner

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ashton Youboty

We can be disappointed that the above guys maybe don't have the impact that we want, but I am very confident that

they give their best. I think that is something to cheer for, not to hate them for.

Also from the initial list, I believe that James Hardy is working very hard after being injured. Every interview I have seen

with him seems to indicate that he has the right attitude to maximize his talent. If he doesn't make it, maybe it is because

he just doesn't have the ability at 6'5" to be shifty enough to get away from NFL level CBs.

Aaron Maybin certainly appears to be in great shape. I can't speak to his effort, but the times I've been to camp he

seems to be working hard and obviously works hard in the gym.

Trent Edwards is a guy who doesn't come across as well in interviews as maybe we'd like, but I do think he is trying

hard. I'll admit that I don't think it is highly likely that he'll succeed, but I respect the effort.

About the only guy on the list who appears to be failing due to lack of effort is McCargo and I can't say that for sure. He

just doesn't look like he is in the kind of shape that he needs to be in. I think he is very quick for a guy his size and

he occasionally can knife into the backfield to make a play, but not often enough.

At any rate, my opinion is that (most of) these guys should be cheered for their effort. These are the kinds of guys we

should want to cheer. Maybe any lack of production is really because they don't have enough natural ability to excell

on the NFL level. That isn't something to hate someone for.

Actually in terms of reality and an OK person being more in touch with reality when a lifelong fantasy does not come true, rather than having one's pro football dream not work out really should not be simply rough but a good thing on the road to becoming a better person.

Its really hard for me to feel too bad about a young man in his early 20s who has his health generally (even when one suffers a football injury that makes it impossible to succeed at the NFL level, these athletes generally do have their health- they can maybe only run a 40 in 4.8 rather than 4.8 because of a gamey knee lets say and this combines with them with some other factor like having OK but not great hands and their NFL dreams end.

No matter how disappointing this may be to them (he slept with his uncles tattered football card when unc was briefly a pro before he got killed in a weird brothel accident and he had his hopes and dreams set on having his own football card to give to his nephew or some worse story) I cannot feel sorry for this man.

He is a young man who cannot cut it as an NFL player, but at that level he has the ability to do so many other things that are not only good for him but are good for others as well. I simply know too many people who are disabled and cannot walk, my own lovely wife who due to a childhood disability was forced to get a lung transplant and through her diligence has beat the odds and simply survived more than 5 years after transplant who for years has worked parttime as a volunteer coordinator for a not-for-profit that supports good parenting, etc.

I feel a little bad for almost all athletes whose NFL dreams run acropper, but it is hard for me to feel too bad for this young person who even if not NFL worthy has a wonderful life ahead of them if they choose.

The person I think really has it rough is the person who is actually rooting for someone's dreams to fall apart.

It really strikes me as incredibly sad (bordering on disgusting) to think that a person is actually getting pleasure from someone else's failure. Yeah, I think some of the platitudes I have heard roll out of Tim Tebow's mouth strike me as odd and sometimes offensive if he appears to be making a judgment on another person without trying to walk in their shoes, but I would think it would be pretty pathetic for me as a person to wish him poorly or draw pleasure from him being cut.

The whole idea presented in this thread of wishing someone to be cut really saddens me about the human condition. I hope I just misinterpreted and there really is no vitriol behind the sentiment expressed.