Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

In case any of you were unaware as I was, our best Mod /Staff Columnist/ Bills historian, Lori Chase is no longer with us on TSW.

After a good friend of hers, ESPN's Tim Graham was very rudely treated on our forum Lori felt like enough was enough and it just wasn't much fun around here anymore. When you look at it from Lori's perspective how could you even blame her, Mr.Graham takes time away from his busy schedule, comes onto our forum to share his opinions and in return we disrespect and cause Tim to leave, meanwhile Lori has to sit there and take it all in.

Sound like much fun to you?

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples on top can make the whole bushel look rotten if you don't throw the bad ones away.

This is Lori's Twitter http://twitter.com/LoriTBD Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lori.chase

You guys/gals get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to TSW where she belongs...

Added note: I would like to personally thank everyone here for all the strong support they have shown for Lori, and for also proving that people do really matter on TSW because people do really care, Thanks

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the TG arrows fly, let me just say that in 2010, coming to sites like this IS Tim Graham's "busy schedule." But you're right, he didn't exactly get the red carpet treatment, and whether anyone's to "blame" for that is a point of contention I personally don't care to debate.

Dumb question here...

Who is Lori Chase? I dont mean that in a disrespectful way, just wondering because the way she is talked about here seems to indicate some connection to the team, sports media, or both. I live in CA, so I only know her as a poster on this board and a mod. So, is she just a good poster and mod, or is there some kind of Bills connection or media connection too?

Either way, its always a shame to lose good posters, and I the TG debacle shouldnt have happened either...

Listen, I know Lori longer than most of you people here. This board has substantially (and not necessarily for the better) changed since I first joined, and since Lori was here (before me). I think her leaving has a lot less to do with Tim Graham leaving and a lot more to do with some of the mulletery that occurs on a daily basis around here. Just my .02.

Dumb question here...

Who is Lori Chase? I dont mean that in a disrespectful way, just wondering because the way she is talked about here seems to indicate some connection to the team, sports media, or both. I live in CA, so I only know her as a poster on this board and a mod. So, is she just a good poster and mod, or is there some kind of Bills connection or media connection too?

Either way, its always a shame to lose good posters, and I the TG debacle shouldnt have happened either...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showuser=327

or you could read through the pregame breakdowns before every game that she would do on the front page of TBD :thumbsup:

Seriously she was very well versed in the game and articulate enought to break it down better than the buffalo snooze

Listen, I know Lori longer than most of you people here. This board has substantially (and not necessarily for the better) changed since I first joined, and since Lori was here (before me). I think her leaving has a lot less to do with Tim Graham leaving and a lot more to do with some of the mulletery that occurs on a daily basis around here. Just my .02.

I know....I thought the board actually got worse once JoeSixPack left.....just my .05

Guest dog14787
Dumb question here...

Lori Chase knows the Bills/football like the back of her hand and she does have a connection with the media, Lori covers local sports for the Port Allegany Reporter Argus, a newspaper in northern Pennsylvania. Lori also writes a great preview for the Bills games vs their opponents each week.

Click on Two Bills drive and Lori has a featured article at the top of the page, she's a staff columnist. better yet here's the link http://www.twobillsdrive.com/buffalo-bills...rst-50-seasons/

I am sure in no time there will be a mulitude of posts about how nobody is above the board, dont care if she stays or goes, tim graham had to thin of a skin, yada yada yada

Lori (in a tie with the Dean) were my favorite posters here......and it really po's me that people on this board have to conduct themselves in a fashion that would cause people like that to think they dont want to spend time here.

This place is above what some other message boards are......but the bar is getting lower and lower and lower

I first started coming to this board about 10 years ago and it really was a nice place to come for not only Bills' news, but to connect with folks (be it local or transplanted) who share that western New York mentality. Over the past few years the camaraderie has faded and the board has become a place to get your spelling mistakes corrected and opinions trashed if you are not "in the clique". It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I first started coming to this board about 10 years ago and it really was a nice place to come for not only Bills' news, but to connect with folks (be it local or transplanted) who share that western New York mentality. Over the past few years the camaraderie has faded and the board has become a place to get your spelling mistakes corrected and opinions trashed if you are not "in the clique". It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

yo...we had cliques 10 years ago.

Lori Chase knows the Bills/football like the back of her hand and she does have a connection with the media, Lori covers local sports for the Port Allegany Reporter Argus, a newspaper in northern Pennsylvania. Lori also writes a great preview for the Bills games vs their opponents each week.

Click on Two Bills drive and Lori has a featured article at the top of the page, she's a staff columnist. better yet here's the link http://www.twobillsdrive.com/buffalo-bills...rst-50-seasons/

Thanks...like I said, I live in CA and there are times on here when people are talking about local reporters there or people with media or team ties that I just wouldnt know unless I asked. I didn't know she wrote a preview each week, so if she comes back I will check it out.

I always thought she was a good poster and a good mod, just wasn't sure if there was also a team connection or media connection based on some things I have seen people post. Hopefully she comes back as this board cant afford to lose good posters as the quality of posters seems to be going down.

In case any of you were unaware as I was, Lori Chase is no longer with us. After Tim Graham, a very good friend of hers was rudely treated on this forum, she decided enough was enough and it just wasn't fun anymore. When you look at it from her perspective, how could you blame her, Tim takes the time away from his busy schedule to come onto our forum and we treat him like trash.

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples can make the whole bushel turn rotten if you don't remove the bad ones.

This is Lori's Twitter http://twitter.com/LoriTBD Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lori.chase

You guys get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to our Forum where she belongs...

Dude,

This is a chat room dude. People say all sorts of things on here. She posted decently. But nothing to get all emotional about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think a little bit of conflict is always good. If she didn't like it here, so be it. There are thousands of us who will still communicate on here. So to care even the slightest as to who is posting is putting WAY to much attention in your life to this board. It is about the TEAM, not who is posting my friend. Leave it at that. Remember this is not church. Civility and the internet do not always go hand in hand.

Guest dog14787
Dog.

You stole my idea. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1922791

But I don't care. It's for a very worthy cause.

As I said before, hopefully it's a temporary hiatus, but it is time to reach out.

I sent her a Facebook message. Hopefully we hear something back soon.

We tweeted back and forth a couple of times earlier today and she told me she was undecided about coming back and is why I wanted to get everyone on board with doing what we can to convince her to return. It might make a difference If she see's the good still outweighs the bad around here and without her this forum will not be near as accurate/ informative or as pleasant.

We can't stop all the friendless idiots that just want to post BS to get attention around here like a bunch of spoiled brats, but we can let Lori know the majority of the posters are good people with one big thing in common, we all love our Buffalo Bills.

....but we can let Lori know the majority of the posters are good people with one big thing in common, we all love our Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect, Lori is not an idiot, she knows that...sometimes people just need to step away for awhile.

Dude, do you have enough common sense to know this is the type of inconsiderate BS that doesn't belong on this thread or are you just that stupid :thumbsup:

whoa...nothing inconsiderate about that...check yourself, this is how flame wars get going. You don't want them, don't start them.

It's like a neighborhood that's nice but used to be really nice and is now in decline. The people who are just getting there say 'it's so much better here' but the people who have been there say 'it used to be so much better'. Some move away, some stay and hope it gets back to how it was. And some die.

I heard that she was waiting for the Spiller contract to be completed, so they have a starting point to negotiate her contract. :thumbsup:

Lori is a good poster (and writer) and a more than fair mod, I hope she comes back and think she will.

In case any of you were unaware as I was, Lori Chase is no longer with us. After Tim Graham, a very good friend of hers was rudely treated on this forum, she decided enough was enough and it just wasn't fun anymore. When you look at it from her perspective, how could you blame her, Tim takes the time away from his busy schedule to come onto our forum and we treat him like trash.

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples can make the whole bushel turn rotten if you don't remove the bad ones.

You guys get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to our Forum where she belongs...

I agree that she has good reads and has value. But why quit? You have to have thick skin if your going to post your opinion. You cannot expect only nice responses. Especially somebody in the media, she should be able to shake it off if she cares about the board. Instead of quiting write a story that will encourage posters to be more respectful and positive. Take off those rose colored glasses, there are mean people in the world and some are BILLS fans who post on here.

Guest dog14787
whoa...nothing inconsiderate about that...check yourself, this is how flame wars get going. You don't want them, don't start them.

Posts like that are exactly why Lori left to begin with so if it starts a friggin war then so be it.

Just because we are posting on the internet it doesn't mean all civility and decency should be tossed out the door.

I agree that she has good reads and has value. But why quit? You have to have thick skin if your going to post your opinion. You cannot expect only nice responses. Especially somebody in the media, she should be able to shake it off if she cares about the board. Instead of quiting write a story that will encourage posters to be more respectful and positive. Take off those rose colored glasses, there are mean people in the world and some are BILLS fans who post on here.

Everybody here deserves the same level of respect/disrespect. Respect preferred.

Lori is one of a few posters that I actually read all of her words in her posts.

I think her writing is fantastic and am sad to hear about this.

Hopefully she decides to come back. I for one think we are MUCH better with her here.

The same goes for Tim.

Posts like that are exactly why Lori left to begin with so if it starts a friggin war then so be it.

Just because we are posting on the internet it doesn't mean all civility and decency should be tossed out the door.

by most measures of "civility" your reply was worse than who you were replying to. It goes both ways.

It's like a neighborhood that's nice but used to be really nice and is now in decline. The people who are just getting there say 'it's so much better here' but the people who have been there say 'it used to be so much better'. Some move away, some stay and hope it gets back to how it was. And some die.

So much truth to this.....yep

Guest dog14787
by most measures of "civility" your reply was worse than who you were replying to. It goes both ways.

and your right of course, I just found out about Lori leaving earlier today and by all admissions I'm still a little hot under the collar about it.

i concur, Joe. couple'a days ago, i was fed up with some folks -- and i use that term loosely -- here. they're sometimes just unavoidable, seem to mutate and impervious to reason or logic. and there's no rules that could be established to weed that out.

that said, just saw Lori a week ago up here at camp. she, Tim Graham and I had a nice night after practice having a few beers after discovering we were all staying at the same hotel.

jw

Dude,

This is a chat room dude. People say all sorts of things on here. She posted decently. But nothing to get all emotional about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think a little bit of conflict is always good. If she didn't like it here, so be it. There are thousands of us who will still communicate on here. So to care even the slightest as to who is posting is putting WAY to much attention in your life to this board. It is about the TEAM, not who is posting my friend. Leave it at that. Remember this is not church. Civility and the internet do not always go hand in hand.

Case in point

i concur, Joe. couple'a days ago, i was fed up with some folks -- and i use that term loosely -- here. they're sometimes just unavoidable, seem to mutate and impervious to reason or logic. and there's no rules that could be established to weed that out.

that said, just saw Lori a week ago up here at camp. she, Tim Graham and I had a nice night after practice having a few beers after discovering we were all staying at the same hotel.

jw

:thumbsup: Stop!! TMI

jw

Oh really! pics? :thumbsup:

Another dumb question:

Who is John Wawrow? Again, I get the impression of a local media connection there in Buffalo (I live in CA) or some ties to the team. Seems to be a very knowledgable poster and close to Lori and TG, so I am guessing there is more to him than just being a valued poster on this board.