Go To Camp and see for Yourself,Edwards is WAY BETTER!

Driffill

I think the Bills will do better in the second half of the year, giving them hope for 2011. I think it will be obvious once again after 2010 that the Bills need to upgrade the QB, OLT, and WR positions which should have been properly addressed this past off-season. If nothing else this season gives Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix the opportunity to evaluate

exactly where this team is at (which I believe I already know..) My 2010 Regular season prediction is a optimistic

5 wins 11 losses !!! Definitely capped at 7 wins and no less than 3 wins in my humble opinion.

The bottom line I get from all of the camp reports is:

1. Pass defense looks great- QBs still suck??

2. Pass rush impressive- O-Line still horrible??

3. Running game looking good- Run defense still poor??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys and gals, any assessment of Edwards over his first three seasons must also include acceptance of the fact he received pathetic coaching. I share frustrations expressed over "Trentative" but also firmly believe he deserves this chance under a coaching staff that actually understands how to coach offensive football.

I will reserve final judgment of Edwards until the bullets are flying for real this season.

You are very impolite and rude. Why don't you go away. Are you just looking to "pounce" on anything I say.

My post wasn't an attack on him! It was just a simple statement and observation that I didn't see that from other posters. If I were on attack mood the tone wouldn't have been nice. i was just simply opening up for discussion if TE is actually doing better. It was no attack. It wasn't remotely a troll statement.

Your attacks are unwarranted, unfounded, and unprofessional. You are way out of line. As some may have noticed, I have been trying to change. Others like yourself are looking for every opportunity to "lambest" me.

Your reply to me is embarrassing and you should be ashamed of your behavior. An apology would be the correct thing to do. Lets see if you can muster up an apology. I have my doubts.

Sorry, apologizing to obvious trolls isn't something I'm likely to do.

Go Away, Troll

Guest dog14787
Sorry, apologizing to obvious trolls isn't something I'm likely to do.

Go Away, Troll

+ 1,000,000,000 ...

Typical pessimist yes,

I suppose Troll is in the eye of the beholder, myself personally, I don't see it.

I think Trent has always looked better at the start of the season. Then we start playing real games, he gets his bell rung, and the season is over. I hope he can stay healthy this year, but I'm not optimistic.

Some of the things that could be done is to commit to the run, stop the run and actually run the ball. As like anything, passing offenses take time to develop..You keep the confidence of the team up by running the ball. Look at what they did with Sanchez last year....They ran the ball and stopped the run....By end of the season, Sanchez had figured out how to play the smart game.

Typical pessimist yes,

I suppose Troll is in the eye of the beholder, myself personally, I don't see it.

Based on this thread, yes, I'm with you. Look at past ones. You'll see it, then.

Please do not take this from me, go to Bills Camp, a very enjoyable experience and watch the 4 QB's doing all the drills. You will see what Chan has seen, Trent Edwards is heads and shoulders better than the other 3. This is very easy to see in all facets. Trent will be fine running a Run 1st attack that Gailey is known for , and imagine this they are finding ways to get the ball to Parrish, what a thought. I am not saying this turn around is going to happen in 1 year, but the camp is run compared to previous years, it is night and day. Our only concern will be if Trent gets hurt, maybe Brohm will develop into a capable back up. I think Fitz gets cut due to making too much money.

:lol:

Agreed on all counts.

Guest dog14787
Based on this thread, yes, I'm with you. Look at past ones. You'll see it, then.

I skimmed threw mpl's posts before I made a comment and I'm not seeing it.

I've been singled out in the past myself and had a few posters start ganging up on me and it wasn't necessary.

The Mods do a great job, if someone gets to be to much of a problem, let them handle it,

mpl is harmless in my opinion. ( ignore him)

Surprized to see this post, one day after the offense supposedly stunk in practice.

Let's see TE do it in a game before we get excited.

This thread is somewhat curious as reports have come out saying on some days, Trent looks good, but other where he's been outperformed by Brohm, and even Fitz. This has been the pattern beginning with the OTA's.

You are very impolite and rude. Why don't you go away. Are you just looking to "pounce" on anything I say.

Your attacks are unwarranted, unfounded, and unprofessional. You are way out of line. As some may have noticed, I have been trying to change. Others like yourself are looking for every opportunity to "lambest" me.

Your reply to me is embarrassing and you should be ashamed of your behavior. An apology would be the correct thing to do. Lets see if you can muster up an apology. I have my doubts.

DAD? :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
I skimmed threw mpl's posts before I made a comment and I'm not seeing it.

I've been singled out in the past myself and had a few posters start ganging up on me and it wasn't necessary.

The Mods do a great job, if someone gets to be to much of a problem, let them handle it,

mpl is harmless in my opinion. ( ignore him)

Speaking of Mods, does anyone know why Lori hasn't been around lately,

Is she just getting a break from TSW or what because Lori Chase is a big part of what makes this forum one of the best sports forums on the internet in my opinion,

Where is she? :thumbsup:

Is she just getting a break from TSW or what because Lori Chase is a big part of what makes this forum one of the best sports forums on the internet in my opinion,

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=116144 :thumbdown: Half way down page 1. .

Guest dog14787
This thread is somewhat curious as reports have come out saying on some days, Trent looks good, but other where he's been outperformed by Brohm, and even Fitz. This has been the pattern beginning with the OTA's.

Trent Edwards just won the nod through a very fair and open competition,

For the most part Fitz and Brohm play against second and third stringers during practice, meanwhile Trent Edwards is playing against one of the best secondary's in the league.

Trent is coming along great in my opinion.

She made some comments that she was disgusted at the way Tim Graham was treated. She felt that he gave up some of his valuable and limited time to make contributions and some of the responses to him were unwarranted. She also stated that she was on the verge of bailing because of the immature behavior exhibited here. I certainly understand her stance.

She made some comments that she was disgusted at the way Tim Graham was treated. She felt that he gave up some of his valuable and limited time to make contributions and some of the responses to him were unwarrented. She also stated that she was on the verge of bailing because of the immature behavior exhibited here. I certainly understand her stance.

Well. I had been wondering about Lori myself. She said last year about this time that she tries taking some time away…makes it easier to deal with this place.

I hope that this is a temporary situation. I think I might start a thread, calling her back into the fold.

If she was to leave for good, that would be a helluva lot of "collateral damage." Even worse than the initial damage in my eyes.

I think Trent has always looked better at the start of the season. Then we start playing real games, he gets his bell rung, and the season is over. I hope he can stay healthy this year, but I'm not optimistic.

They're doing doubles now at camp with all efforts on changing the way things have been as you've correctly mentioned.

Guys and gals, any assessment of Edwards over his first three seasons must also include acceptance of the fact he received pathetic coaching. I share frustrations expressed over "Trentative" but also firmly believe he deserves this chance under a coaching staff that actually understands how to coach offensive football.

I will reserve final judgment of Edwards until the bullets are flying for real this season.

I have been very critical of Trents performance (he earned that though with his terrible play), but even I support him getting a chance to prove me and the other doubters wrong under Chan. I never had anything personal against him, just hated his very weak play and lack of in game toughness. The offensive philosophy around here has been terrible the last few years, so its not unreasonable to attribute a lot of his struggles to that.

Chan has his work cut our for him, but I sincerly hope he turns Trent into at least a solid QB if he is going to be leading this team. If not, hopefully he can mold Brohm into a good starter if Trent cant step up. Personally, I dont have a lot of faith in Trent being able to be good enough because there are just so many issues to work on, most importantly his physical and mental toughness. So, I would prefer to see Brohm WIN the job (not just handed it) to see what he can do. If he cant step to the plate and Trent out plays him, then so be it and lets hope Chan can find some QB magic with him.

Exactly! People have been beating up on this guy for the last year plus, saying how much he sucks and what a wuss he is. Folks, Please keep this in mind...

1)Dick Jauron, Alex Van Pelt ,Turk Shonert-Whoever-SUCKED as coaches. They had no business being in the NFL. They tried to install a no huddle attack with zero offensive line or experience running it. They could not have been more predictable. The 3 and outs were killing the defense too as they were always on teh field...Unbelievably stupid, desperate move by a useless and stupid coach-Thank God he is gone-He SUCKED, and it reflected on Edwards!

2) Think back to the 2008 seasons first 6 games. Everyone thought we had finally found our own Tom Brady in Edwards. He won five of six games to start the season, including great comeback wins against Oakland and ST Louis. The Arizona game was a debacle, but they came back and beat a good San Diego team right afterwards. Things went to hell after the Cleveland game...But dont forget the way Edwards hustled and beat up on Kansas City and most importnatly the HUGE comeback win vs Denver up in Colorado.

Last year was a debacle of mass proportions. How they won 6 games is a mystery, but this guy has NEVER had a fair shake and he deserves it. He has shown flashes of big potential and even the national media saw that potential in Edwards and liked him in 2007 and 2008. Like Alex Smith in San Fran, Edwards deserves another shot behind a good coach (and hopefully decent line)...so until proven otherwise this upcoming season...Move on from calling him a wuss, etc and give him a shot. He's your starting QB. If you want to call someone a sissy/wuss...go after Sanchez, or Henne...they havent done damn thing to show they are any better than the QB we have in Buffalo. 2010 is a clean slate for this guy so lets get behind him...He might just be really good. We just dont know for sure yet.