Aaron Schobel to be Released

dgr81

Adam_Schefter

Bills have no practice this morning, but they do have news. They will release two-time Pro Bowl DE Aaron Schobel today. 10 minutes ago via web

Schobel does want to continue playing and soon will begin looking for a new home. He's from Houston, a team that could use a pass rusher.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Schobel doesn't want to be traded or to retire he wants to be cut so he can make his own deal- probably with a 4-3 team in the South- what do the Texans play?

pretty obvious months ago what Schobel wanted and he got what he wanted

Pay $2 million and have the same result a month from now?

That would make us as dumb as the 'Skins!!!

There was never any other possible outcome. The Bills have no negotiating stance in this situation. Schobel was gone. The Bills couldn't stop it, but would we be happier in a month if they had spent the $2 million?

Now, they just need to get Spiller in camp so we can change the topic away from "trouble with player contracts".

Gotta love the statement Buddy made just 2 days ago about Schobel not being released. If they do release him today not only does it look like you let him go without getting anything for him, you look like an even bigger ass because you are doing something you expressly said you weren't going to do. Maybe there really aren't any options for the Bills, but if you're a GM you should have realized that a few days ago and not said something stupid about not releasing him. This is exactly why I'm not willing to give the new regime much credot until they actually show me something - right now it seems like the same old Bills front office......

Honestly, what were they supposed to do?

Them, not too much. Schobel? He could have done a service to the team that drafted him and gave him raises. He should have been honest instead of using the retirement ruse and hiding behind his family. The Bills should have traded him for anything. Instead we let another player go and get absolutely jack squat in return.

I would have taken that disloyal sob to task and fined him everyday for not showing up and kept him on the team. Not sure how that all works but I would imagine we could fine him enough to mitigate the loss in his salary if not completely balance it out. Force him into retirement and hold onto his rights. If the Texans or any other team wanted him the Bills could get something in return. Now any teams that want him are just waiting for Buffalo to roll over and let the guy go.