Favre not returning

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this from an nfl.com article

"Favre also told the Vikings last year he wouldn't play for them but ultimately changed his mind and joined the team immediately after it broke training camp."

He'll be back... I pick August 22nd.... We should make this a game to see who picks the right day of his return... again...

Tweet from Judd Zulgad: "I'm told Favre has said his ankle has simply not responded and that is why he won't be back."

Plenty of time for that ankle to heal and watch Brett Favre heroically return to the gridiron on December 5 as the Minnesota Vikings take on the Buffalo Bills. The game will be televised nationally and the Bills will play a great game but fall short - nobody will notice because all they can do is talk about Favre - it's the Teddy Bruschi game all over again......

Plenty of time for that ankle to heal and watch Brett Favre heroically return to the gridiron on December 5 as the Minnesota Vikings take on the Buffalo Bills. The game will be televised nationally and the Bills will play a great game but fall short - nobody will notice because all they can do is talk about Favre - it's the Teddy Bruschi game all over again......

Probably the same outcome... The Bills being ahead by a touchdown decide to fumble the ball away and then Brett Favre wins in the last second...

Probably the same outcome... The Bills being ahead by a touchdown decide to fumble the ball away and then Brett Favre wins in the last second...

You're probably right about the fumble - the Bills will lose because they shoot themselves in the foot, not because they were outplayed. Only difference I see is that even though the only thing anyone talks about is Favre, he actually doesn't have a very good or memorable game and statistically may even have a worse game than whatever NFL backup we having playing for us (Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Ryan Leaf/Geno Toretta) but that will go completely unnoticed - Favre will still be the hero....

Watch for the Vick to Vikes rumors...With the rookie QB really impressing in Phi, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets linked to Minn as we get deeper into the preseason and Favre still has not come back.

Personally, I think Favre eventually comes back, he is the poster child for waffler.

I'm guessing Sage Rosenfels wins the starting job. You're right about Jackson.

Sage has looked horrible in camp so far, throwing 6 INT's in two practices. I think Jackson will win the starting job.

It saddens me. Favre is the last of the old time gunslingers. I know a bunch of morons whine and B word about the coverage he gets, not sure if he wants to play or not, but this league is going to be much worse off with out a guy like Favre in it.

Bottom line, with Favre the Vikes can go to the superbowl this year, with Tjack they will suck. The Vikes have been the best recent example of how important the QB is. Best DL in football, one of the best OL's and the best RB and they STILL can't get it done with a guy like favre at the helm.

It saddens me. Favre is the last of the old time gunslingers. I know a bunch of morons whine and B word about the coverage he gets, not sure if he wants to play or not, but this league is going to be much worse off with out a guy like Favre in it.

Bottom line, with Favre the Vikes can go to the superbowl this year, with Tjack they will suck. The Vikes have been the best recent example of how important the QB is. Best DL in football, one of the best OL's and the best RB and they STILL can't get it done with a guy like favre at the helm.

I love Farve but you do realize they went to the playoffs with TJax and he had a 92 QB rating? For whatever reason, people love to kill young QBs. Jackson will be much better than you think.

Can't disagree with you ICE. I loved the guy for years and had all the respect in the world for him - I even bought a Favre jersey. His legacy is tainted, though. His waffling and the horrifically overblown media coverage (that he has seemed to enjoy) have really turned me off to him.

I wouldn't go this far. Like Biscuit said, the Vikes were in the playoffs with Jackson running the show. I'm not saying TJ is even close to an elite QB, but if he was good enough to get them into the playoffs, don't you think he can improve where they can advance in the playoffs with him?

Sage has looked horrible in camp so far, throwing 6 INT's in two practices. I think Jackson will win the starting job.

I just have this bad feeling that we're going to be beating the vikings and London Fletcher is going to sack and injure Jackson. Then Sage is going to come in and somehow win the game for them....I'm not sure where this thought is coming from though :thumbsup::beer:

I'm also wondering how much the media is diving in to make this bigger than it really is. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if someone heard Favre saying "I'm not coming back..." without him finishing his sentence (not that that happens, of course) and went to the presses with it.

Of course, all E$PN and PFT have to say is "Reports are saying...." to cover their arses.