Schefter Tweet- Bills moving forward w/o Schobel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Bills cut or trade Schobell, I fail to understand how Nix's announcement actually means anything. At this point, it's all empty words.

I'm sure Gailey was already making his preparations as if Schobel was gone.

My thinking is that Nix is forcing Schobel to sh*t or get off the pot.

I wonder what Schobel or his agent said that tipped Buddy over the edge. There have been a few days since his "hmm, maybe in the next two weeks" story. Maybe he asked for another two weeks.

I think this means:

1. Bills are happy/impressed with what their younger ends are doing (maybin, Ellis etc) All of whom are probably a better fit in this defense than Schobel who is more of a 4-3 guy

2. If Schobel is not retiring, the Bills may have a trade planned for him because of 1.

3. If Schobel is retiring, they want to move forward without the question of his return lingering in the lockerroom

I'm anticipating the Bills to save much more than that by the start of the regular season. I'm willing to bet that Kelsay, Mitchell, Schobel, McCargo and possibly Whitner will all be released.

there was a camp report stating that McCargo is showing well this camp, perhaps he sticks around....

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks for the memories, Aaron.

It may be disappointing, but in the long run it will be better for the team. I, for one, would love to see Coleman and Batten out on the field getting valuable playing time and experience. This team needs to go in another direction and start all over again clean. Any millionaire 32 years old and older shouldn't even be on the team. We need young and hungry, not old and well-fed to turn this mess around.

I think this means:

1. Bills are happy/impressed with what their younger ends are doing (maybin, Ellis etc) All of whom are probably a better fit in this defense than Schobel who is more of a 4-3 guy

2. If Schobel is not retiring, the Bills may have a trade planned for him because of 1.

3. If Schobel is retiring, they want to move forward without the question of his return lingering in the lockerroom

BAM! You just nailed it!

Schobel's recent rumblings about coming back, reaked of a money grab to the tune of 7-8 mil. Skip all the OTA's, skip training camp and then show up to try and play a new position for the first time in his pro career....yeah that was going to work out real well for the Bills.

I am so glad Nix had the balls to tell him to F*** off!

Exactly. The guy was coming back to grab 8 million and get out. If he's not interested in being a part of the team then whether it is Lynch or Schobel then they can go fly a kite.

"Bills GM Buddy Nix today is announcing that Buffalo is moving forward with plans that do not include LB Aaron Schobel."

This means nothing. They have only two options. 1) Put their entire season on hold, don't run anybody at ROLB and wait and hope. 2) Move ahead with plans that do not include Schobel.

Doesn't mean, though, that if he shows up he won't be in the lineup.

I'm anticipating the Bills to save much more than that by the start of the regular season. I'm willing to bet that Kelsay, Mitchell, Schobel, McCargo and possibly Whitner will all be released.

No way on Whitner. Kelsay probably, given that he's injured, is making a transition he's probably not best suited for, and his salary. Mitchell I'd like to think stays as a backup. McCargo will depend on how he shows, and reports are that he's doing well.

It may be disappointing, but in the long run it will be better for the team. I, for one, would love to see Coleman and Batten out on the field getting valuable playing time and experience. This team needs to go in another direction and start all over again clean. Any millionaire 32 years old and older shouldn't even be on the team. We need young and hungry, not old and well-fed to turn this mess around.

It might be better in the long run, but not this year. Although I hope I'm wrong on that.

You're gonna lose a lot of money on that bet. One or two of them being cut, yeah, absolutely. All four and possibly Whitner? Highly unlikely. Even if they don't start two or three would be reasonably likely to be kept as backups, at least for this year.

I have been wondering who would start at OLB.

Maybin - Only On passing downs is what I have been hearing

Kelsey has hardly ever covered anybody and when he did he was trailing.

Schobel has hardly been asked to cover anyone and his INT's are mostly batting balls at line or smelling out screens.

So he was going to be a one or two down player? For 8 Million, we arleardy have one of those in Maybin.

Sohobel was a 9 year 4-3 DE and made no attempt at showing up or showed no desire to change.

Won't happen...for some reason the Bills are content with their O-Line. My best bet is that Schobel retires.

Personally, I think he wants to play one or two more years. He's a DE and not a LB so I can't blame the guy for not buying into the conversion. Somehow, I think he winds up playing DE for the Texans.

Personally, I think he wants to play one or two more years. He's a DE and not a LB so I can't blame the guy for not buying into the conversion. Somehow, I think he winds up playing DE for the Texans.

Absolutely...right after the Texans send the Bills at least a 2nd round pick.

PTR

Whitner is starting. Why do you think he's possibly going to be released? If anything he could be traded and I doubt even that happens.