Kelly's Memoirs - Your Opinion Please

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in Jesus. Ask the people of Haiti, Japan and Chili. The worlds eye's will be opened soon. So will yours my friend.

Umm, I'm in Japan and I guess I must have missed something because I don't feel any different than I did 3 weeks ago.

So is Jesus now Conan the Destroyer? Good for you that you believe in Jesus, but believing all of that other fundamentalist nonsense shows that you are a moron that happens to believe in Jesus. And Jesus, IMO, would not have the time of day for fundamentalist christians or most people these days that call themselves christians. Christians are so hypocritical it makes me ill. BTW, Jesus went to his death thinking he was only reforming Judaism, while his resurrection is up for much debate.

And please, it is Chile. You can eat chili, you can grow chili beans, but you can visit Chile, been there, a great place by the way.

Now stick to football.

You will be judge for what you said. You've been decieved. Ill pray for you.

really, you people still believe in that fairy tale?

It never ceases to amaze me how people so cavalierly discount and even mock the existence of God and Christ. The truth of the matter is that you have absolutely no more certainty that Jesus does not exist than I do that He does. To just close off your mind and go on just assuming you know the truth seems foolish to me.

I understand the resentment and frustration with fundamentalists...I really do. But just because man screws something up or misapplies their faith doesn't invalidate the existence of God. People keep an open mind about things and even change their opinions on everything from food to music over time, yet when it comes to the creator they just magically KNOW one way or the other. It's a point of view that simply cannot be taken seriously, IMO.

Guest three3

I'm still laughing. Again what amazes me is why the women stay? And I agree why do they bother getting married? Athletes/actors/singers why get married? No one cares if you have a kid out of wedlock. Why give up millions to get married?

all i can think of is social/religious/parental expectations. not just for athletes but for every man. thankfully, men are seeing the light and fewer are marrying. co-habitation is the future.

It doesn't matter if you are an athlete or anyone else...if you have sinned (like we all have), all that we can do is ask Jesus for forgiveness. If you have ever had a point in your life where you had to ask Jesus for forgiveness, to help you forgive, or deal with any other life problems that you are having, then I think that you have to love where Kelly is at.

You cant fully be saved unless you are at your lowest point, and if JK truly aked for forgiveness, and is following the Lords word then I'm sure that he is a much better/happier person. I'm also quite sure that he doesn't care what what our opinion of him is. I think that it is great that he was able to change his life, and that he is very luck to have a wife to stick by him. If we could all be this lucky I'm sure we would all be very thankful.

Not lucky.....Blessed!

I definitely know what Kelly is talking about! I, too, have found Jesus in my life. My relationship with him really helped me grow as a person. The only downside was that he gave me herpes. Oh well. Live and learn, I say!

Mat 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

jesus is a great crutch for people who can't deal with their own actions, their inability to think, and/or their scientific ignorance. hit a tough patch? jesus!

Rom 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

So is Jesus now Conan the Destroyer? Good for you that you believe in Jesus, but believing all of that other fundamentalist nonsense shows that you are a moron that happens to believe in Jesus. And Jesus, IMO, would not have the time of day for fundamentalist christians or most people these days that call themselves christians. Christians are so hypocritical it makes me ill. BTW, Jesus went to his death thinking he was only reforming Judaism, while his resurrection is up for much debate.

And please, it is Chile. You can eat chili, you can grow chili beans, but you can visit Chile, been there, a great place by the way.

Now stick to football.

1st Cor 15:3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

[4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[5] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

[6] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

[7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

[8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time."

the ignorance in this thread is of epic proportions. how can anyone be surprised that athletes cheat? the real surprise is that they get married in the first place. look, there's a lot of dirt on kelly, he's no saint. and asking the lord for forgiveness? really, you people still believe in that fairy tale?

Phil 2:5 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

lol. i really did. i laughed out loud

5. SALVATION (eternal life in Heaven)is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone , without good works.

ACTS 3:19 Repent ye therefore , and be converted , that your sins may be blotted out , when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord ; JN 14:6 Jesus saith unto him , I am the way , the truth , and the life : no man cometh unto the Father , but by me. ROM 11:6 And if by grace , then it is no more works : otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works , then it is no more grace : otherwise work is no more work. GAL 2:16, 21 Knowing that a man is not Justified by the works of the law , but by the faith of Jesus Christ , even we have believed in Jesus Christ , that we might be justfied by the faith of Christ , and not by the works of the law : for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God : For if righteousness come by the law , then Christ is dead in vain. MAT 7:23,24 Many will say to me in that day , Lord , Lord , have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils ? and in thy name done many wonderful works ? 24 And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you : depart from me , ye that work iniquity.

I have sinned, just as Jim Kelly...just as all of you. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I have believed on Jesus & taken my sins to the cross & received forgiveness & eternal life as a result...just as Jim Kelly has. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God & man & it is my prayer that all of you on this board come to know Him, if you haven't already. He's the way, the truth, and the life. He's the ONLY way to eternal life, and if you have not received Him, he's waiting for you. Reach out to Him & He will respond. He wants to be your best friend.

What a joke! Cheats on his wife for years likely while she was at home caring for their terminally ill son and seeks forgivenss after finding Jesus. Only in America can people be dumb enough to fall for that line of crap.

Why is it these women fall for this bull ****? Kudos to Elin Woods for taking the money and telling Tiger to get lost.

Umm, I'm in Japan and I guess I must have missed something because I don't feel any different than I did 3 weeks ago.

When are you headed to South Florida?

Hate those Dolphins!

I'm impressed at the amount of people taking a stand. Times they are a changin, and sometimes good comes out of the bad. A few years ago this would have been moved to PPP with Satan's lair stomping all over it.

On topic, I can't judge Kelly, that's between him and Him. But I can quote a passage that will make me think twice about Kelly's sincerity...

Matthew 10:16

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

Over a decade out of the league and an economic crash has seen more than one ex-Bill do stuff that isn't very kosher, in the name of $$.

Zephyrhills High students Dallas Guntert and Brian Matthews played cornhole during the tailgate portion of the event. ...Brian moved to Zephyrhills from Colorado less than a year ago and began going to New Walk in June.

"If you're having a bad day, you always leave with a smile on your face," he said.

:unsure:

:lol: Awesome. Nothing brings out morons on both sides of the aisle like a good Jesus thread. Criminy. Jesus a "crutch?" Really? And what the hell does this have to do with Haiti, Japan, and Chile?

Oh, and I can't forget the obligatory post that only has Bible verses in it.

I definitely know what Kelly is talking about! I, too, have found Jesus in my life. My relationship with him really helped me grow as a person. The only downside was that he gave me herpes. Oh well. Live and learn, I say!

That was "Hay-Soose," silly. :D

I believe in Jesus. Ask the people of Haiti, Japan and Chili. The worlds eye's will be opened soon. So will yours my friend.

If there's a god that goes around causing earthquakes to get people to worship him, I'd rather just go to hell.

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone doesn't admit it. He asked for forgiveness from his wife Jill and she gave it. He asked from his Lord and savior Jesus and he forgave him also. Who are you to judge. You have sinned just as much as Kelly did. Have you asked forgiveness form Jesus.

Outside of my marriage, I don't give a crap who cheats on their spouse, but spare me the 'mistake' nonsense. Dropping a TD pass is a mistake. Sticking your dick in another girl is an intentional and deliberate act.

Was Jesus in the pinto beans or something? :unsure:

:lol:

I'm sure Jesus has a sense of humor!

Edited by KD in CT

Outside of my marriage, I don't give a crap who cheats on their spouse, but spare me the 'mistake' nonsense. Dropping a TD pass is a mistake. Sticking your dick in another girl is an intentional and deliberate act.

I made this point 10,000 times when Vick talks about his mistakes and people tell me I need to be more forgiving for his mistakes. Steve Johnson vs. Steelers: Mistake. Favre texting Johnson: No mistake.

Really? It's a species-wide narcissism that has us always so convinced that the end is near while we're alive. Jesus's early followers figured he'd be back any day...year...decade...century...time proves only everyone wrong. But I'm sure you're the guy who has it right. You and Nostradumbass.

Sorry, the rapture happend last year. Did you miss the news headlines? 4 old ladies in south dakota just up and disappeared. The rest of us are just SOL i guess.

Edited by Ramius