Jason Lacanfora just reported Bills and Spiller not close

It all makes sense now. Maybin is looking to make more money.

Follow me.

Maybin tries to hurt Jackson.

He and Spiller are in an agreement to get one of the current 2 Rbs injured so it will force the Bills hand to sign Spiller to a higher contact.

Spiller agrees to give 10% of the extra money to Maybin.

Hey those 1st rounders gotta stick together and really jam the man.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RB isn't a position that requires a whole lot of technique adjustments or difficult variations on plays. Every year RBs come in and make a difference as freshman. Not so much as DLs. Those happen, but are much rarer.

I don't see this as a big deal.

It may not happen till he's really slotted in with the guys at #8 and #10 both signed.

Two factors.

The slotting process is not precise. There's a fairly wide range between slots, especially in this case where the 10th player (Tyson Alualu) has not yet signed.

Ryan Mathews, the running back San Diego took 3 picks after CJ Spiller is not yet signed.

The rumors are that Mathews' agent, Frank Bauer is looking to get an above market deal for his client. The Chargers drafted Mathews to replace LaDainian Tomlinson and the Mathews camp knows they have some leverage because of that. Mathews has been "talked up" since his selection and is being looked upon as a savior for San Diego's dormant rushing attack.

CJ Spiller's agents have to be cautious that they get the best running back deal in this year's draft.

RB isn't a position that requires a whole lot of technique adjustments or difficult variations on plays. Every year RBs come in and make a difference as freshman. Not so much as DLs. Those happen, but are much rarer.

I don't see this as a big deal.

It may not happen till he's really slotted in with the guys at #8 and #10 both signed.

yeah- that blitz pickup thing is really overrated

good thing the Bills have expendable QBs, because if they valued their QBs at all, Spiller would not see the field until he proved he could recognize and pickup blitzers 

a skill that defintely needs time in camp to perfect

Two factors.

The slotting process is not precise. There's a fairly wide range between slots, especially in this case where the 10th player (Tyson Alualu) has not yet signed.

Ryan Mathews, the running back San Diego took 3 picks after CJ Spiller is not yet signed.

The rumors are that Mathews' agent, Frank Bauer is looking to get an above market deal for his client. The Chargers drafted Mathews to replace LaDainian Tomlinson and the Mathews camp knows they have some leverage because of that. Mathews has been "talked up" since his selection and is being looked upon as a savior for San Diego's dormant rushing attack.

CJ Spiller's agents have to be cautious that they get the best running back deal in this year's draft.

Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!

Winner-Winner

Chicken Dinner!

No way Spiller gets signed B4 they're certain he'll get more than Mathews does.

who cares how late he is, he's a running back - they have the most improvisational position. He won't be in on 3rd downs - that'll def be Freddie's roll (blitz pick-ups are never for rookies). the one area that he'll need to catch up on is his routes (depending on how often theyre splitting him out wide), and he's not gonna be expected to pick those up right away either - i mean, look at receivers - they take a couple years to get those down...

I don't know why, but I just have a gut feeling that Spiller is going to hold out for a while.

I am probably 100% wrong on this (I usually am), but I just get the feeling that Spiller is going to want top dollar like Crabtree did last year. I started to get worred when he was already talking **** last week about not rusing into a deal.

I don't agree.

Crabtree struck me as a Grade A D-bag for being an unproven having all of the ridiculous demands he had when he was holding out. I also never heard him come out publicly and explain himself and his positioning at the time.

Spiller on the other hand has been completely positive thus far in his public dealings with anything Bills, and I think he is a much more positive character than Crabtree ever will be.

Maybin, IMO, is also a Grade A D-bag- not solely for holding out but even now, in his more natural position of OLB, he still can't crack the lineup and is currently running on the 2nd team. Not to mention that stupid Mohawk from last year, and this remains to be a boner pick by Mauron.

Ah...now if only we had drafted an Orakpo or an Oher instead of a Maybin...

Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding!

Winner-Winner

Chicken Dinner!

No way Spiller gets signed B4 they're certain he'll get more than Mathews does.

I agree.

Great points raised, there by the previous poster.

Welcome to the business side of the NFL!

If nothing else gets fixed in the next CBA, this **** better be. I'm tired of watching the draft in the spring and then waiting for these jackasses to get their butts into camp.

You know that if these guys don't get crazy with this money, the draft will become unimportant. Please see the NBA draft and its importance. The NFL wold like to keep the hype on their draft process.

LMAO if we pay this guy 30+ mill and guarantee 20+ there is no way in hell he doesn't start by mid season. You dont' pay STARTER money to a kickoff return / utility player.

Can you say "Marshawn Lynch"? He's a first round pick making starter $$. By your logic he HAS to start.

You know that if these guys don't get crazy with this money, the draft will become unimportant. Please see the NBA draft and its importance. The NFL wold like to keep the hype on their draft process.

I disagree. I love the NFL draft, and it has absolutely nothing to do with how much money these guys make.

The NFL draft is popular because:

A) The NFL is the most popular sport in the country.

B) College football is the most popular college sport.

C) Every year, Most of the players you see drafted early are going to play, and play often.

In the NBA draft, you get a lot of foreign players, who you have never heard of. And many of the first rounders will get little to no playing time in the regular season. It doesn't make a very compelling watch.

I disagree. I love the NFL draft, and it has absolutely nothing to do with how much money these guys make.

The NFL draft is popular because:

B) College football is the most popular college sport.

C) Every year, Most of the players you see drafted early are going to play, and play often.

In the NBA draft, you get a lot of foreign players, who you have never heard of. And many of the first rounders will get little to no playing time in the regular season. It doesn't make a very compelling watch.

It's even simpler than that. And it's still based on your rankings.

B) College football is the SECOND most popular sport in the country.

C) Every year, most of the players you see drafted early, you've already seen play in college and can identify with them.

The NBA draft isn't really popular because, really, most of the country could care less about the NBA. Football dwarfs every other sport in this country.

And at the end of the game, the Bills have Jackson, Lynch and Bell. Most teams would kill for that backfield.

Would I like to see C.J. Spiller? Absolutely!

Will the Buffalo Bills move forward without C.J. Spiller? Absolutely!

Will a potential holdout by C.J. Spiller change the 2010 Win-Loss record of the Buffalo Bills? Absolutely.....NOT.

Too many other holes in too many other places. I'm one of the big optimists on this board, but trust me - C.J. Spiller's impact on Buffalo Bills football will NOT happen in 2010. Let's revisit this conversation in 2012. His holdout-induced absence only makes his potential room mate at St. John Fisher all the happier. Someone, after all, had to get the single room.