Hangartner fight with Maybin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Eric Wood just shouted the words we all have wanted to shout at Mr. May-be I'll Play ... ""Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" after Maybin hit our MVP of 2009, Fred Jackson, with a cheap shot in the back and followed it up by trying to battle our starting center who is key to our offense for the year (What a total idiot and non-team player!).

It's too bad that Maybin can't push anyone around when the ball is in play and he has to resort to this kind of incredible low level of play but based on reports from DAY ONE and the fact that he has been demoted to the "2's" then perhaps Mr. May-be is looking at the real possibility that he might be going back to Penn State to work on some more education this fall.

But, look at Eric Wood ... comes back early from an injury that made most of us cringe ... while playing as a rookie he kept developing and looking better with each week ... a real football player ... a smart player ... a tough player ... a team leader.

If Gailey can take Wood's attitude and spread it amongst the team ... great things can happen. The best attitude adjustment that can be given to the Bills would be to cut last year's #1 pick as a failure to show the players that it's about how well you play the game rather than how high you were picked.

Time to go shopping for my WOOD JERSEY!! :worthy::worthy::censored:

:lol: Eric Wood just shouted the words we all have wanted to shout at Mr. May-be I'll Play ... ""Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" after Maybin hit our MVP of 2009, Fred Jackson, with a cheap shot in the back and followed it up by trying to battle our starting center who is key to our offense for the year (What a total idiot and non-team player!).

It's too bad that Maybin can't push anyone around when the ball is in play and he has to resort to this kind of incredible low level of play but based on reports from DAY ONE and the fact that he has been demoted to the "2's" then perhaps Mr. May-be is looking at the real possibility that he might be going back to Penn State to work on some more education this fall.

But, look at Eric Wood ... comes back early from an injury that made most of us cringe ... while playing as a rookie he kept developing and looking better with each week ... a real football player ... a smart player ... a tough player ... a team leader.

If Gailey can take Wood's attitude and spread it amongst the team ... great things can happen. The best attitude adjustment that can be given to the Bills would be to cut last year's #1 pick as a failure to show the players that it's about how well you play the game rather than how high you were picked.

Time to go shopping for my WOOD JERSEY!! :worthy::worthy::censored:

I love it!

I like Wood and hope he turns out to be the real deal. But the guy has played a total of ten NFL games, to date.

I like his moxie in supporting his offensive teammate, but what he chose to say showed little class and probably won't play well in the locker room.

I like Wood and hope he turns out to be the real deal. But the guy has played a total of ten NFL games, to date.

I like his moxie in supporting his offensive teammate, but what he chose to say showed little class and probably won't play well in the locker room.

Exactly. If anything the quote you are mentioning shows the complete opposite. It shows Wood is not a leader ......yet. Calling out another player's salary shows his youth and inexperience in the NFL. Many other way to take a shot at Maybin. Contracts are off limits.

And having fast healing bones doesnt make one a badass. Its not like he toughed it out or anything. When the docs said his bones are healed he came back. Nothing to do with toughness.

this is even more OVER OVER analysis of a meaningless incident that has already been forgotten about by everyone involved.

great for Eric Wood, i hope he does well. just as i hope Maybin does well too. because they are all Bills.

this + ME

Dean, I know that you are a long term respected poster on this site, and genarally your posts are good and insightful,

but you are dead wrong here my freind. This is exactly what thier locker room needs, and if someone's feelings are

hurt, then poo hoo. Class goes out the window when you haven't palyed a game on the other side of December for ions.

I think he should give all of the money back. Leaders are not afraid to step up and speak their minds, and Wood has leader

written all over him.

Everyone needs to stop making judgments for or against players's character based on this incident and what was said around it. THIS STUFF HAPPENS, to EVERY team, in EVERY camp, with ANY players.

There was a fight in last year's camp, there will be fights in next year's camp.

It's not a big deal at all.

Good! Get in a few scuffles! Get emotional! I bet they brushed it off and are fine now. I'm happy to see the energy.

Who do you think you are DORKington. There is only 1 dork around here and thats me. This place aint big enough for the both of us!

Dean, I know that you are a long term respected poster on this site, and genarally your posts are good and insightful,

but you are dead wrong here my freind. This is exactly what thier locker room needs, and if someone's feelings are

hurt, then poo hoo. Class goes out the window when you haven't palyed a game on the other side of December for ions.

I think he should give all of the money back. Leaders are not afraid to step up and speak their minds, and Wood has leader

written all over him.

Class should never go out the window, IMO.

It's tough to be a leader, IMO, if you are attacking things like contracts and not play on the field. I'm not down on Wood about it, as he is young and I suspect this is a one-time thing. It may be nothing at all...perhaps Wood and Maybin trade barbs on the money stuff all the time, as a joke between them. But in general talk like this doesn't help one become a leader in the locker room. And this team needs leaders in the locker room, IMO.

What if the whole team feels the way wood does?

most likely Wood doesnt "feel" like that, as much as it was a sweet burn. how many times do you bust balls on your friends about something? that doesnt mean you hate them. have you played football before? this **** happens all the time, even between "best friends"...

training camp fights mean *&%@#$

I fought my one of my best friends and roommates in camp. Its football people fight sometimes. Camp is a competition between positions and also between O and D.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. These dudes are all hyper-competitive, monster-sized pro athletes. Hangartner throwing Maybin to the ground is probably equivalent to a regular dude like me putting a buddy in a headlock and giving him a noogie.

Also, I bet the O vs. D thing is part of it as well.

most likely Wood doesnt "feel" like that, as much as it was a sweet burn. how many times do you bust balls on your friends about something? that doesnt mean you hate them. have you played football before? this **** happens all the time, even between "best friends"...

I find it unlikely that a single member of the team thinks Maybin has earned his pay.

From Maybin's twitter:

Anyone that knows me knows how bad I want 2 win. I kno we need Fred & I would never try to hurt him or any of my teammates.

In football, things happen & u move on 2 the next play. There is no issues on this team so don't listen 2 the media

Link

I find it unlikely that a single member of the team thinks Maybin has earned his pay.

i find it even more unlikely that any member of this team has wasted more than 2 seconds thinking about it. it's a pretty general rule in the league that you worry about your contract and your money, not the next guys. when you hear players wanting to be the highest paid at their position, its not that they feel the other guy doesnt deserve it, they just feel like they deserve it more. and if anything, theyre glad that person is making that much so they can make even more.

players do NOT hold other's salaries against them.

it was a sweet burn, and thats all it was.

This strikes me as a case of competitive fire (with some frustration behind it, perhaps) but not any proof that Maybin is a jerk, or Wood is a jerk (or hero).

There's a tendency on the board right now to make Maybin the anti-christ and Wood the saviour. I suggest that they are both, contrary to that, football players. I think Wood the the better player, and most likely to continue to be so, and I like him. But I think the hating on Maybin is getting out of control.

This strikes me as a case of competitive fire (with some frustration behind it, perhaps) but not any proof that Maybin is a jerk, or Wood is a jerk (or hero).

There's a tendency on the board right now to make Maybin the anti-christ and Wood the saviour. I suggest that they are both, contrary to that, football players. I think Wood the the better player, and most likely to continue to be so, and I like him. But I think the hating on Maybin is getting out of control.

indeed.

again, this happens with all kinds of players (usually Dline vs Oline) in EVERY team's camp. it doesnt mean ANYTHING about personal or professional relationships.