Take a moment to think about the start of camp

I was not thrilled when the Bills announced Chan Gailey as their new head coach.

Since then I have watched the videos of press conferences, taken in the draft picks and watched the reports on OTA's & minicamps. I like what I am hearing and seeing.

Granted, camp is not the regular season, yet I do feel that Thursday could very well be the beginning of the return to respectability.

GO BILLS!!!!!

When we observe the opening of Bills Camp today we should understand that in the event of a series of worst-case scenarios, it might be the last time or one of the last times it happens.

2011: Likelihood of a lockout.

2012: (Two years from now) Will Ralph Wilson still be with us? What if he passes away in 2010 or 2011?

2013: Expiration of the stadium lease.

By the time the smoke clears on the impending work stoppage, Buffalo Bills football might be extinct.

I KNOW it's a long shot. I know there are many reasons that even in the event of Ralph's passing, that the team might not move.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen.

But what I am saying is that we should all recognize and understand this point in time and savor our football team, while we have it.

When we observe the opening of Bills Camp today we should understand that in the event of a series of worst-case scenarios, it might be the last time or one of the last times it happens.

2012: (Two years from now) Will Ralph Wilson still be with us? What if he passes away in 2010 or 2011?

By the time the smoke clears on the impending work stoppage, Buffalo Bills football might be extinct.

I KNOW it's a long shot. I know there are many reasons that even in the event of Ralph's passing, that the team might not move.

But what I am saying is that we should all recognize and understand this point in time and savor our football team, while we have it.

ooof! not a pretty picture

:sick:

Excuse me while I go off someone now. . .

I'm hoping in two or three years we will look at Thursday as the day the team's fortunes changed.

PTR

I hope you are right....We have gone through a wretched 10 year stretch.....Hope springs eternal..... Go Bills.

ouch.... but well said

That's a sobering timeline, but not a long shot. The likelihood of a lockout is high, and RW is 92 in October. It's all well and good to be optimistic, but I'm not sure Nix/Gailey have the time to conduct a full blown rebuild as they've attempted to start this year. Rational Bills fans know they've got a long way to go.

You really know how to raise peoples spirits SJ.

As for 2011, my gut feeling is that there will be some kind of deal made and instead of a lockout there will be a strike. In which case we will have strike games. The owners do'nt want to have a season without football, so they will be content with the strike games.

There's always doom and gloom that one can choose to think about, especially when we go into the world of "what if" and "it's in the realm of possibility". Many of the things that "could happen to the franchise" are things we can't control. So why bother about worrying too much about them. At this moment, our son is on his way for his tour in Afghanistan, so there's lots of doom & gloom my wife & I could put out there all in the name of "it's possibe." Its also possible that he'll return safely. So that's what we choose.

Back to the original post. With the start of Tng camp, here are things I'm certain of w/ this new beginning for the Bills:

We will have better head coaching than we've had in several years.

We will have better game time coaching & adjustments than we've had. This is a huge plus in my book.

Our run-stopping ability will improve.

Once again our defensive backfield will be fun to watch.

Roscoe & other players will be better utilized. (See point #1 above)

Our Special teams will once again be a headache to our opponents.

We will have a good future with our team from here forward. Go Bills!

There's always doom and gloom that one can choose to think about, especially when we go into the world of "what if" and "it's in the realm of possibility". Many of the things that "could happen to the franchise" are things we can't control. So why bother about worrying too much about them.

I didn't intend to bring people down or cause needless worry.

When Promo subtitled his thread "It may be a moment to note" I anticipated him writing about not taking our football team for granted…taking stock in the fact that we still have the Bills to cheer for.

It just seemed an appropriate time (the start of Bills Camp) that we should recognize and understand where we stand and savor our football team. Really appreciate the time we have with our favorite team.

I guess (for me) the Bills are almost like a loved one. Cherish them. Don't take them for granted. Appreciate the time we've been given with them.

And back to the original intent of the thread, yes. I'm very excited about 2010. Go Bills!

Winning will cure that all. Please see the New Orleans Saints.....Benson wanted to move the team after the year of Katrina....Then they catch lightning in the bottle with Peyton and Brees and now the rest is history....Here is to hoping that the Bills catch a similar break.

As for 2011, my gut feeling is that there will be some kind of deal made and instead of a lockout there will be a strike. In which case we will have strike games. The owners do'nt want to have a season without football, so they will be content with the strike games.

Actually, the owners don't care, because the TV contract money is guaranteed for them...They will be pocketing their share of the money with the players getting NOTHING....

I didn't intend to bring people down or cause needless worry.

When Promo subtitled his thread "It may be a moment to note" I anticipated him writing about not taking our football team for granted…taking stock in the fact that we still have the Bills to cheer for.

It just seemed an appropriate time (the start of Bills Camp) that we should recognize and understand where we stand and savor our football team. Really appreciate the time we have with our favorite team.

I guess (for me) the Bills are almost like a loved one. Cherish them. Don't take them for granted. Appreciate the time we've been given with them.

And back to the original intent of the thread, yes. I'm very excited about 2010. Go Bills!

Well stated and I agree it's time to appreciate what we have. For all the pissing and moaning about the line, the QBs, the front office, etc., there will be exponentially more whining if this team is ever taken from us. Only 32 cities have NFL teams, and Buffalo is one of them, thankfully! Enjoy it while you can!

We now return you to your thread, already in progress.........

There's always doom and gloom that one can choose to think about, especially when we go into the world of "what if" and "it's in the realm of possibility". Many of the things that "could happen to the franchise" are things we can't control. So why bother about worrying too much about them. At this moment, our son is on his way for his tour in Afghanistan, so there's lots of doom & gloom my wife & I could put out there all in the name of "it's possibe." Its also possible that he'll return safely. So that's what we choose.

Back to the original post. With the start of Tng camp, here are things I'm certain of w/ this new beginning for the Bills:

We will have better head coaching than we've had in several years.

We will have better game time coaching & adjustments than we've had. This is a huge plus in my book.

Our run-stopping ability will improve.

Once again our defensive backfield will be fun to watch.

Roscoe & other players will be better utilized. (See point #1 above)

Our Special teams will once again be a headache to our opponents.

We will have a good future with our team from here forward. Go Bills!

May your son return safe and sound. God bless him, and you & your wife. Honestly, the Bills are unimportant, compared to this.