Aaron Schobel is back.

Hossage

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is going on here? What am I missing?

He has played for Buffalo for nine seasons.

...that he was our best defensive player for most of them and maybe the team will be better if he returns.

He hasn't cost them much besides the contract money they budgeted anyways and a roster spot, which they'll get back pretty soon if he DNRs.

Would it be way better if he made a decision a long time ago and either announced he was retiring or yes, I'm going to play and I will join the team on x date? Of course, but it hasn't worked out that way.

if I were Chan I would nip this garbage in the bud - he had almost 8 months to decide this - now he is going to be late to training camp?! Stop this Favre stuff now!!! I can't believe this guy would make 7-8 million - Is that correct??

$6 mill and a tiny fraction. He already got a bonus of $2 mill in March on top of that, though.

Check rotoworld.com for contract details on most players.

Frankly, he was easily worth that kind of money as a DE. As an OLB, we'll see.

if I were Chan I would nip this garbage in the bud - he had almost 8 months to decide this - now he is going to be late to training camp?! Stop this Favre stuff now!!! I can't believe this guy would make 7-8 million - Is that correct??

Here's my prediction: Schobel shows up half way through camp, the Bills pay him but he rides the pine until his Chan thinks his attitude is right. Schobel may be feeling like he's doing the Bills a favor by showing up. I think Chan will let Aaron know who decides who plays, and if he doesn't want to spend the season watching the game from a seat he will need to adjust his outlook.

PTR

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park (er, his wife) confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

Interesting! Hope it's not just scuttlebutt from the smoking lounge!

What is going on here? What am I missing?

He has played for Buffalo for nine seasons. We have made the playoffs exactly zero times during that span. The guy has never seemed to care. If he did, this was the perfect opportunity to be a leader for once and set an example for the young guys as they transition to the 3-4. But instead he allegedly will only come back and play for $8 million a year if the Bills meet his other demands. I am sure Troupe and Carrington can't wait for this "legend" to show up mid-August when it's convenient for him.

How is everyone - including the Bills - tolerating this? Seriously. Even if he was committed, I have reservations about how effective he would be in the 3-4. Now he doesn't know if he even wants to play? Give me a break.

Just release him. Let me play where he wants. Thanks for the years, but you haven't been playing for free. You can't committ to the Bills; they shouldn't have to committ to you. The Bills will not be any worse off.

it may have to do with the fact that he is the number 2 all-time sack leader in bills history behind bruce smith and perhaps they would like to see if can equal his 10 sacks last year or maybe even get a few more. just a guess though - i could be wrong about that.

its nice to see that one of aa.s.'s sacks came during a win. one of em.

right, he registered sacks in eight games last year, seven of them losses. and in those losses the offense averaged 11.714 points, including the 24 points scored in the opener during which Schobel had one sack and returned an interception for a touchdown -- real invisible performance there.

be careful when you use stats, because there are many others to disprove your point.

jw

well, if i'm not mistaken, i think the poster was simply suggesting that you stay there.

jw

thanks john but i think that everbody got the intended meaning - well maybe not everybody - one would need more than a room temperature iq to understand it

Here's my prediction: Schobel shows up half way through camp, the Bills pay him but he rides the pine until his Chan thinks his attitude is right. Schobel may be feeling like he's doing the Bills a favor by showing up. I think Chan will let Aaron know who decides who plays, and if he doesn't want to spend the season watching the game from a seat he will need to adjust his outlook.

PTR

PTR - I can understand why you might think that a coach might do something so stupid - we have had stupid coaching for many years now. But, so far, Chan has not exhibited this nor does his record as a coach indicate that he would put "ego" above what's best to win games. So, since I think that what SHOULD decide whether or not Aaron plays should be how well he picks up the new position (1), how well he practices (2) and how well he performs in scrimmages and preseason games (3) then THAT is what I am expecting Chan will use to determine if he plays or "rides the pine".

My personal view - with no idea how well Aaron will play at OLB and with no knowledge of how good of shape he is in - is that it is GREAT Aaron is goingto play since he has been our best LINEMAN for years and played great last year.

my 2 cents

-RnJ

he will be an addition, but I'd be stunned if he plays as well as he has in the past. Its a new defense he has little interest in learning, he's retired in his head, and there is a big paycheck that keeps him here. Not a good omen. I hope I'm wrong in this, but it seems he's checked out.

he will be an addition, but I'd be stunned if he plays as well as he has in the past. Its a new defense he has little interest in learning, he's retired in his head, and there is a big paycheck that keeps him here. Not a good omen. I hope I'm wrong in this, but it seems he's checked out.

Indeed, and ive never seen schobel as one of those guys who plays for the love of the game.... this is his meal ticket more than a passion.

It's the fact that a person confined in you and you sh** on them to a post of rumors and information seekers. So yes you did put it into a paper because more people read this than the news knucklehead. Think before you write. I hope he finds out it was printed and pays you a visit, because that sounds like a friend talking instead of a person just gabbing. If/When Aaron comes back and we read that he slapped the sh** out of someone in Buffalo, and we stop seeing you post then at least I will believe you drank a beer with him and he came to rent a place.

Don't play stupid with me. You exaggerated what I said. I clearly did not say he was smarter, faster and stronger than all of his teammates and coaches. Why are you attempting to play this game with me?

Come on! You provided the quotes! He said rookies are stupid, Maybin stupid/no good, Denney (jerk off), coaches stupid. You quoted him bragging about how fast and strong he is. How some of his teammates barely started in college. How he speaks like a redneck and drinks 20 beers when he golfs. I was in the midst of replying when it got deleted.

A game? Like posting a transcription of a conversation you purported to have with Aaron Schobel and now denying the stuff you put in it?

Repost it and prove me wrong.

Come on! You provided the quotes! He said rookies are stupid, Maybin stupid/no good, Denney (jerk off), coaches stupid. You quoted him bragging about how fast and strong he is. How some of his teammates barely started in college. How he speaks like a redneck and drinks 20 beers when he golfs. I was in the midst of replying when it got deleted.

A game? Like posting a transcription of a conversation you purported to have with Aaron Schobel and now denying the stuff you put in it?

Repost it and prove me wrong.

Weo, WHAT is your issue? Hossage makes a few simple comments and you just start making stuff up based on that.

Weo, WHAT is your issue? Hossage makes a few simple comments and you just start making stuff up based on that.

Did you read his post before it was deleted? They were not "a few simple comments". They were detailed quotes that, while to be applauded for his "honesty", put Schobel in a poor light. If his teammates read these comments, I'm not sure how the guy goes back into the lockerroom.

If you read them, you would understand. I'm "making stuff up"? That's a good one. Several respondents were questioning the validity of these supposedly verbatim quotes. I'm just wondering why Hossage is claiming otherwise now. He's free to repost and to specifically correct my misrepresentations (he hasn't yet). Why was the thread deleted?

Weo, you are a liar, and a very unpleasant person. I will be sure not to deal with you in the future. The mods deleted the thread. I will not repost it.

I think it is obvious that I did not say he is stronger, faster, and smarter than all his teammates and coaches. Please do not message me again.

Did you read his post before it was deleted? They were not "a few simple comments". They were detailed quotes that, while to be applauded for his "honesty", put Schobel in a poor light. If his teammates read these comments, I'm not sure how the guy goes back into the lockerroom.

If you read them, you would understand. I'm "making stuff up"? That's a good one. Several respondents were questioning the validity of these supposedly verbatim quotes. I'm just wondering why Hossage is claiming otherwise now. He's free to repost and to specifically correct my misrepresentations (he hasn't yet). Why was the thread deleted?

Well, I did not see the deleted thread so your comments appear out-of-line. If there was a deleted thread and if it said what you claim it said, then I suppose I could see where you were coming from. However, this is all kind of pointless now that the thread is gone.

Weo, you are a liar, and a very unpleasant person. I will be sure not to deal with you in the future. The mods deleted the thread. I will not repost it.

I think it is obvious that I did not say he is stronger, faster, and smarter than all his teammates and coaches. Please do not message me again.

What is obvious to me is that Hossage should SHUT UP. Sounds to me like you're a loud mouth. You continuously make vulgar, and unintelligent and unpleasant remarks which are not funny to most adults, and everytime someon calls you out on anything, it ends up with you quitting your argument and promising to 'banish' other users.

Yeah, so you got some insider info on Aaron Schobel (sp?). So what. I hope he B word slaps you right off his ex-wife's porch then takes and NFL linbacker size crap in her flowerbed. - You can quote me on that.

What is obvious to me is that Hossage should SHUT UP. Sounds to me like you're a loud mouth. You continuously make vulgar, and unintelligent and unpleasant remarks which are not funny to most adults, and everytime someon calls you out on anything, it ends up with you quitting your argument and promising to 'banish' other users.

Yeah, so you got some insider info on Aaron Schobel (sp?). So what. I hope he B word slaps you right off his ex-wife's porch then takes and NFL linbacker size crap in her flowerbed. - You can quote me on that.

Dude, what are you talking about? Aaron is happily married with three beautiful children.

Banishing people? You have 20 posts next to your name. Get it together, man.

My whole issue with your original ORIGINAL post was that you kinda took a private convo between friends and made it PUBLIC! Assuming that it's true (and it may very well be), why would you secretly write down private things that a guy said when he was drunk and then post those comments a year later on a message board. That's not what friends do to each other. It smacks of underhandedness

Sorry, but that's how I feel

:sick: That is hilarious.

Don't play stupid with me. You exaggerated what I said. I clearly did not say he was smarter, faster and stronger than all of his teammates and coaches. Why are you attempting to play this game with me?

He's not playing.

He has done nothing but play hard, develop into a really good run defender and refine his already good pass rushing skills over the course of his career.

I can remember at least 7 or 8 times in his career when he dropped in to the flat to defend a pass against either a back or a QB on a halfback option. He will make the transition to OLB much quicker and better than Kelsay because he has the speed and drop ability. He can be a 3 down OLB. He will be a significant addition to this team. This means that Batten likely ends up on the practice squad.

He is an amazing athlete who is at the end of his prime years...we need him and this will help make this defense a formidable strength.

Look at our front 7 depth.....we actually have 2 deep of NFL players at every position if Schobel comes back..

DE-Stroud, Johnson, Edwards

NT-Troup, Williams

OLB-Kelsay, Schobel, Maybin, Torbor

ILB-Poz, Mitchell, Davis

and we all know about the secondary.....all proven vets except Troup and Maybin who both have considerable natural skills

Uh-oh, tough guy alert! Easy, Francis...

Funny that the first paragraph calls out Hoss for vulgarity and unintelligent/unpleasant remarks, then proceeds to advocate defecation in the flower bed, after a "B word slap," all while assuming, incorrectly, that Schobel is divorced. That is good stuff.

I'm thinking that anyone with the potential to keep Chris Kelsey off the field os O.K. in my book. :sick:

Also, this doesn't force Maybin into the starting line-up if he's not ready to handle it.

Amen on the Kelsay part. I am, along with a few others, excited to see Maybin. The guy is fast, and strong. The 4-3 DE was not going to work for at least a few years. OLB in a 3-4 allows him the opportunity to contribute now. I like it.

in fear of piling on, here. where would you want to be quoted? as this is a public forum, this has already been taken care of because you've now been published. it would be nearly impossible to post unquoted thoughts because that is all part of the self-editing process in regards to how this intraweb thingy works.

though, in hindsight, this little rant might well have fallen under that self-editing category because it's relatively incoherent and error-filled.

one thing, though: if Schobel knocks Hossage off his "ex-wife's" (i'm not aware he has one) porch, then why would you not have him take a "linbacker" size crap on Hossage rather than the flowerbed? who, in your mind, is Schobel unhappy with. Hossage, his "ex-wife," or both?

and wouldn't you think that crapping on the flowerbed would actually be helpful in some ways, given how gardens grow. unless, of course, this is some type of subliminal message that he's open to getting back together with her (not, of course, that they've been apart as far as i know) by providing this instant fertilizer.

very interesting.

jw

I believe Buffalokie's fertile imagination is fueled by just this type of human fertilizer. Several of his 20 posts are dedicated to insulting me, but none of them have made sense. You wonder who these people are on the internet sometimes.

right, he registered sacks in eight games last year, seven of them losses. and in those losses the offense averaged 11.714 points, including the 24 points scored in the opener during which Schobel had one sack and returned an interception for a touchdown -- real invisible performance there.

be careful when you use stats, because there are many others to disprove your point.

jw

so let me guess, you think the bills are a 5-11 team at best and they are four years away from contention? right? do you realize the bills playoff run ended when the surly defensive end showed up at one bills drive? had one winning season under his awesome leadership, and is acting like a child in his handling of his retirement.

i think the bills will be 10-6, win the afc east and get to the afc championship game.

write that down so you can congratulate me in january.

I read it. I think you need to grow a set and get over it. You sound like a whiney B word, but hey, what's new?

so let me guess, you think the bills are a 5-11 team at best and they are four years away from contention? right? do you realize the bills playoff run ended when the surly defensive end showed up at one bills drive? had one winning season under his awesome leadership, and is acting like a child in his handling of his retirement.

i think the bills will be 10-6, win the afc east and get to the afc championship game.

Yet more brilliant analysis from the mile hi moron. You're right buddy, Schobel has been the problem this whole decade. His pass rush adds nothing. It was mere coincidence that in his absense opposing QBs had all day to evaluate the field. But morons such as yourself know that sack totals, particularly sacks in wins, are the only measure of a players contribution.

You're the worst troll on this site.

Even though you have misrepresented what I said, it was the truth, and this is too. You dont have to believe me. Whatever, dude.

Buffalotone, you dont believe me either? Cool, whatever.

It was good of you too at least wait a year too post inside info, you didn't snitch right away, that's friendship right there.

I feel ya.. :sick:

When Aaron gets here he makes this Defense even better than I thought it would be without him BTW

Him on the outside next to Davis is going be nice when he learns the position. Really looking forward to the 3rd preseason game to see who really starts opening day.

so let me guess, you think the bills are a 5-11 team

uh, no. 6-10 at this point.

at best and they are four years away from contention?

maybe 2, maybe 12. certainly not four.

do you realize the bills playoff run ended when the surly defensive end showed up at one bills drive?

actually, the Bills playoff run ended a year prior to Schobel's arrival and during Wade Phillips' final season. i guess the drought had nothing to do with coaching, drafting, failure to address offensive line, finding a qb etc. ... it thus, must, be all Schobel's fault. by your logic, Brian Moorman is equally culpable for the Bills drought as he's been with the team just about as long as Aaron.

it's unlikely, but anything's possible.

which january?

jw

Didn't he have to show up to collect that bonus in March, and he never showed up.

As far as I know he hasn't gotten his bonus.. He needed to pass a physical which still hasn't happened.

It's true, not sure why he is backing off of his comments now.

I"m a liar---holy cow! Wow, amazing.

I'm not saying YOU said he felt this way---I'm saying you QUOTED him as saying it about himself.

Look, you know what you posted. You quoted him taking an extensive dump on his team (justified or not). In fact it was the whole point of your thread, which you titled "Aaron tells all". The mods deleted the thread for obvious reasons.

Anyway, if you can't stand by what you post, don't cry when someone calls you on it. And I've never "messaged" you (WTF?).

I read it. I think you need to grow a set and get over it. You sound like a whiney B word, but hey, what's new?

Grow a set? I'm not the one running away from a post that got yanked after the mods smelled potent bullsh*t. Just pointing that out.