Aaron Schobel is back.

Hossage

I don't agree. I waited for a year to post that, until the administration was long gone and he had announced his plans, so as not to give him bad press. I dont think he said much that everyone didnt already suspect or know. We werent drunk, and I wrote it down to send it to a friend of mine. I am just some anonymous guy on the internet. Its not like I printed it in the paper.

He thought the coaches were idiots, and the rookies spoiled. Big deal. Schobel isnt stupid. Even then he was probably playing up his retirement in order to be traded or at least miss camp. He was probably using me by saying all of that. I wasnt sworn to secrecy.

Someone has a high opinion of himself. I don't doubt that your "convo" didn't take place but I am willing to bet it is embellished. First of all what pro in his right mind outside of T.O. would talk all of that trash about current coaches and team mates? Secondly, The guy is supposedly close friends with Kelsay than he bashes him?? Just not buying it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though you have misrepresented what I said, it was the truth, and this is too. You dont have to believe me. Whatever, dude.

Buffalotone, you dont believe me either? Cool, whatever.

I read your post several times. You quoted him as above. He dumped on rookies, Maybin, the current linebackers and his previous coaching staff.

Go back and reread it. If it's true-repost it.

Someone has a high opinion of himself. I don't doubt that your "convo" didn't take place but I am willing to bet it is embellished. First of all what pro in his right mind outside of T.O. would talk all of that trash about current coaches and team mates? Secondly, The guy is supposedly close friends with Kelsay than he bashes him?? Just not buying it.

The entire team was in revolt at that point. Take it or leave it.

I read your post several times. You quoted him as above. He dumped on rookies, Maybin, the current linebackers and his previous coaching staff.

There was also some sort of whacking off motion when Denney was mentioned.

Don't play stupid with me. You exaggerated what I said. I clearly did not say he was smarter, faster and stronger than all of his teammates and coaches. Why are you attempting to play this game with me?

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park (er, his wife) confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

sometimes gossiping housewives have the best insider info - good post and thanks for the info

I heard the story third hand, and didn't probe much. I assumed since he was renting here they were staying in texas. Last i had heard, that was the plan. But yeah, good stuff.

Yeah, we all read it on the various sporting pages before this thread was created.

If he does come back, I sure hope he's in it for real, and capable of being a dominant OLB. Because we've got some good potential in Batten, Coleman, Moats, and Maybin. I don't want to see one of those guys axed because Schobel needs to account for a spot on the team. Man, that would be bad, bad game if he played it like that. So, I think and hope if he comes back, he'll give it his all.

if I were Chan I would nip this garbage in the bud - he had almost 8 months to decide this - now he is going to be late to training camp?! Stop this Favre stuff now!!! I can't believe this guy would make 7-8 million - Is that correct??

What is going on here? What am I missing?

He has played for Buffalo for nine seasons. We have made the playoffs exactly zero times during that span. The guy has never seemed to care. If he did, this was the perfect opportunity to be a leader for once and set an example for the young guys as they transition to the 3-4. But instead he allegedly will only come back and play for $8 million a year if the Bills meet his other demands. I am sure Troupe and Carrington can't wait for this "legend" to show up mid-August when it's convenient for him.

How is everyone - including the Bills - tolerating this? Seriously. Even if he was committed, I have reservations about how effective he would be in the 3-4. Now he doesn't know if he even wants to play? Give me a break.

Just release him. Let me play where he wants. Thanks for the years, but you haven't been playing for free. You can't committ to the Bills; they shouldn't have to committ to you. The Bills will not be any worse off.