Are You Pulling For T.O. ???

Sure...Chad Ochocinco is my favorite player in the NFL without any Bills ties so hoping TO does well is easy...he kept out of trouble with us (there were a few times his effort seemed lacking, however) and the only drama was that he supposedly dissed Thurman in the locker room before a game...but maybe he read Thurman's political tweets and they were the cause of that...lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn we play them twice? preseason and reg?

Ironically, the first nationally televised pre-season game this summer, is between the Bengals and Cowboys...Hall of Fame game!

Personally, I didn't want Owens on the Bills, but, in the end, though I found his performance a little lackluster (here comes Doc) at times, he really was the only thing that made the team interesting most of last season. And, if he did anything positive in Buffalo, IMO, his one hissy-fit on the sideline against the Titans, expedited the end of the Dick Jauron era in Buffalo. It made the last six weeks of the season much easier to watch, knowing it was over. For that, I am greatful to Owens.

I will pull for the Bengals, assuming the Bills aren't adversely affected, as I normally pull for teams from the rust belt. I can't get myself to root against the Browns or the Bengals. Don't love them, just feel comfortable rooting for them. That said, wouldn't bother me if TO had a great season. Having seen virtually every game he has played over the last 6 years, I really don't feel he is the guy he used to be...but he can still be pretty good, with a seasoned vetran QB, like Carson Palmer.

Ironically, the first nationally televised pre-season game this summer, is between the Bengals and Cowboys...Hall of Fame game!

Personally, I didn't want Owens on the Bills, but, in the end, though I found his performance a little lackluster (here comes Doc) at times, he really was the only thing that made the team interesting most of last season. And, if he did anything positive in Buffalo, IMO, his one hissy-fit on the sideline against the Titans, expedited the end of the Dick Jauron era in Buffalo. It made the last six weeks of the season much easier to watch, knowing it was over. For that, I am greatful to Owens.

I will pull for the Bengals, assuming the Bills aren't adversely affected, as I normally pull for teams from the rust belt. I can't get myself to root against the Browns or the Bengals. Don't love them, just feel comfortable rooting for them. That said, wouldn't bother me if TO had a great season. Having seen virtually every game he has played over the last 6 years, I really don't feel he is the guy he used to be...but he can still be pretty good, with a seasoned vetran QB, like Carson Palmer.

Wow! Pretty lucid for 5:43 a.m... Ha!

His 'dropoff' in stats last year can be attributed to one thing. Bad QBing here. I don't wish him ill-will, but I won't pull for him or anyone in the AFC who may impede MY teams' progress..

#81 in Buffalo returns to it's rightful owner- Bobby Chandler

This has nothing to do with his status as a Bill last year. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch the Cinci offense in 2010. A lot more fun than watching Owens as a Bill, as a Cowboy, as an Eagle, whatever. The Bengals on O are going to be fun to watch. That's cool (and it doesn't really detract from the reBillding Bills, either.)

Agreed.

I am not a T.O. fan, but I don't dislike him, either. The guy caught 55 passes last year on a horrible Bills team with lousy quarterbacks.

No way he catches less. I think he should be good for 65 grabs, almost 1,000 yards and at least 6 TDs on the bengals. Given the guy they have on the other side, that is going to be pretty complimentary numbers (ocho probably pulls 75-80 this year).

I don't know about you other Bills fans but after what T.O. had to put up with last year while working for our beloved Bills i'm pulling for the guy to have another typical T.O. year . He did everything he needed to do for us last year , he maintained his composure and brought some excitement to our team (it's just to bad his supporting staff didn't get the memo)

On all the sports networks there raking the guy over the coals saying he's to old - he's lost it & such, sure he drops some balls but i think he's matured and has come to realize it takes a team not just one person .

So what do you all think ?? Are you for him or against him in Cinci ??

I don't really care if he is not playing for the Bills.

I think this move has just put the Bengals as the favorites for the AFC North....The Steelers are cooked without Rothelisberger for the 1st 4-6 games...The Ravens have 10 players including Ed Reed and Cody on their PUP list (which means they willl miss the 1st 6 weeks of regular season).

Chad Johnson, Antonio Bryant, and TO....makes a deadly combination.....along with Benson as their Tailback....And last year they beat up Baltimore in their own game....Smash Mouth Defense and Running the Ball.

I hope he does well, except just not on November 21. I really liked having him on the team last year. Bills are stupid for not resigning him.

I have to disagree with that... I liked him on the team as well... I realy like him as a person more now than before. I hope he does great but not on Nov 21 as well. It will be interesting to see how he reacts and plays against us but i feel and hope he will take the high road.

As for being stupid to not resign him... I have thought about this a bunch and I did kinda wanted them to resign him with all the hype and so on... but the Bills are not the type of team that needs TO we have a bunch of young unseen talent on WR we need to put on teh feild TO would just hold us back from seeing that talent. I am not saying Hardy, Johnson, Easly, or Parish can even compare to TO but they are our young talent we need to find out which is going to step up! that would not happen if TO was with us in 2010... so i guess what I am saying is even though I liek TO and liked the attention Buffalo got with him it's better we move on to or young guys becasue that's the team we are now.

I can't imagine there was any way he would have resigned with the Bills even if the Bills offered.

Our offense is the same as last season, except for what promises to be better coaching. But even with better coaching and play calling, we still don't have the ability to get the ball consistently to the wide outs. And he knows that all too well.

I suspect TO is very happy to sign with a team not only with a strong offense and QB, but that also has a good chance to go deep into the playoffs.

I wish him well, except for Nov 21st of course.

I don't know about you other Bills fans but after what T.O. had to put up with last year while working for our beloved Bills i'm pulling for the guy to have another typical T.O. year . He did everything he needed to do for us last year , he maintained his composure and brought some excitement to our team (it's just to bad his supporting staff didn't get the memo)

On all the sports networks there raking the guy over the coals saying he's to old - he's lost it & such, sure he drops some balls but i think he's matured and has come to realize it takes a team not just one person .

I wish TO was still with the Bills, he was if nothing else exciting...

I wish TO was still with the Bills, he was if nothing else exciting...

I didn't find much exciting about him being on the Bills last season past the marketing push to sell more seasons.

I found it painful watching him struggle with our embarrassing offense until it broke his spirit and he just gave up. I'm happy to just have Lee Evans and a few new guys on the outside, at least until we have an offense in place that can take advantage of wide outs.

HELL NO - the guy is an overpaid has-been that drops way too many passes in critical situations, and causes too many distractions. I don't care about the positive comments that "some" of his former teammates say about him. Another one year deal - hummmmmmm......He's finished.

I can't imagine there was any way he would have resigned with the Bills even if the Bills offered.

Our offense is the same as last season, except for what promises to be better coaching. But even with better coaching and play calling, we still don't have the ability to get the ball consistently to the wide outs. And he knows that all too well.

I suspect TO is very happy to sign with a team not only with a strong offense and QB, but that also has a good chance to go deep into the playoffs.

I wish him well, except for Nov 21st of course.

The offense should look very different in my opinion, and if Chan Gailey is worth a crap he should be able to put the receivers in positions to make plays.

TO gave Buffalo that deep threat to take pressure away from Lee Evans and open up some mid to deep throws. The problem was the scheme more then anything else in my view, the bad coaching, play calling and bad play from the tackles didn't help either.

Without TO the Bills will now have no prominent second receiver, will Hardy or Johnson be able to step and fill that spot? What happens if neither of those two can get the job done, what then?

Yeah, in a way.

I love the underdog, and if T.O happens to help the Bengals take out the Patriots or Steelers in the playoffs, yeah I'll enjoy that immensely.

For as much criticism as the man has gotten, he has never run afoul of the law. Ever. I respect that in light of fans hero worship of the likes of Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

And, he was a good soldier in Buffalo last year despite everything that went wrong.

The offense should look very different in my opinion, and if Chan Gailey is worth a crap he should be able to put the receivers in positions to make plays.

TO gave Buffalo that deep threat to take pressure away from Lee Evans and open up some mid to deep throws. The problem was the scheme more then anything else in my view, the bad coaching, play calling and bad play from the tackles didn't help either.

Without TO the Bills will now have no prominent second receiver, will Hardy or Johnson be able to step and fill that spot? What happens if neither of those two can get the job done, what then?

All good points. But a deep threat is not a threat without the offensive line and QB that can get the ball deep. I don't see just the addition of Gailey and Co. changing that, at least not this season.

This has nothing to do with his status as a Bill last year. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch the Cinci offense in 2010. A lot more fun than watching Owens as a Bill, as a Cowboy, as an Eagle, whatever. The Bengals on O are going to be fun to watch. That's cool (and it doesn't really detract from the reBillding Bills, either.)

Agree - I think this is a great 'on-the-field' move for them.

If anything, the TD celebrations ought to be entertaining. These two guys along with Bryant(if healthy), Caldwell, Gresham, and Shipley are going to be hard to stop. Mix in the fact that they can run the ball as well with Cedric Benson? Cincy just became one of the teams to beat in the AFC IMO. Every team in their division has a suspect secondary that will now surely be exploited, upon other problems for some.

Wow! Pretty lucid for 5:43 a.m... Ha!

His 'dropoff' in stats last year can be attributed to one thing. Bad QBing here. I don't wish him ill-will, but I won't pull for him or anyone in the AFC who may impede MY teams' progress..

#81 in Buffalo returns to it's rightful owner- Bobby Chandler

Lucidity is never a problem for me... getting people to read my posts is! I think you are the only one...

No, I will not be pulling for him. He was on his best behavior last year, and didn't prove to be a distraction, and

he does have something left in the tank. I didn't care for the way that he took plays off last year, and wouldn't

fight the defender for the ball, basically played with very little fire, if that was an audition for this year, he blew it.

Unfortunatley, there will always be teams that get enamored with him, and he very well could prove to be an asset to the bungles this year, i just wouldn't hold my breath on that.