T.O. is the only player in NFL History

What a crock of ****. This has become another one of those statements where if it's said enough times, people believe it as the truth.

No, it's true. TO gave no effort while everyone else on offense broke his back to succeed. :rolleyes:

He made up for it with his lack of effort while he played for us.

Wow, really? I seem to remember the Cleveland game last year when no one else seemed to care whether we won or not and he was out there trying to rally the troops.

This is just a fun phrase for people who hated TO before he came to Buffalo and need an excuse to hate him now.

I was happy we signed TO. I own a TO jersey. I believe he did give up on this team. He did display a lack of effort in many games. He quit on plays. He gave up on routes and did not try to stop interceptions. He was great when the ball was coming his way regularly, but unfortunately the Bills did not focus on getting him the ball early in the season and he seemed to just mail it in a lot of the time, especially when Trent was QB.

The "lack of effort" thing is not something made up by the TO haters. The Bills did not make TO feel as though he was a prioirty in the offense and subsequently, he sulked for a good number of plays each game. Go back and watch the tapes.

A better one is "someone had to catch those passes."

No statement is truer. And someone will replace TO as the Bills #1 this year, just as he temporarily displaced Evans last year. You can change the name of your primary receiver--that player is still going to catch most of your passes-whether it's 40, 55 or 100.

It bothers me when people on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

If I've learned one thing it is that coaches are so damn busy watching the how the play unfolds they don't have time to breath let alone individually evaluate players. That is why they spend until 10pm every night of the season going back over tape of previous games and grading how each player executed each play.

If you have access to those tapes I'll listen to you. Other than that, you can't tell me you get a true indicator of a guys performance when you see him 1 out of every 4 plays on your glorious 50-inch plasma, and please don't tell me you can see it in the stadium surrounded by 50000 drunk 20 year olds screaming better than a coach in a silent booth with binoculars.

Another thing, during the Colts game last year, I loved to see T.O. play around in the snow, and get up on the Bills bench, stand towards the crowd and get them into it when the team was on defense. I don't know how many people know this, but after the game, T.O and George Wilson both made complete laps around the stadium shaking hands of the fans that were left, they both bypassed the tunnel to get out of the cold and made sure to get every fan that was left in the stadium.

T.O then went and took that huge Bills flag they wave around after scores and ran around the field with it, eventually running it off with it into the tunnel and into Bills history. There were only a few dozen fans left in the seats by this time. With the way the players of both teams and the fans wanted out of their and into someplace warm, I thought that was a pretty cool thing for him to do.

Is he slowing down? Probably. Is he too expensive? Probably was. Would he have been a 1000 yard receiver in a semi-decent offense? Probably. Everyone on this team was depressed and listless last year. Do we need to resign him? *shrug* Who knows. We just need more players like him who feed off of the competition and hate losing.

Edited by hurfldurf

It bothers me when on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

I filmed for a college team last year, and if I learned on thing it was that coaches are so damn busy watching the how the play unfolds they don't have time to breath let alone individually evaluate players. That is why they spend until 10pm every night of the season going back over tape of previous games and grading how each player executed each play.

If you have access to those tapes I'll listen to you. Other than that, you can't tell me you get a true indicator of a guys performance when you see him 1 out of every 4 plays on your glorious 50-inch plasma, and please don't tell me you can see it in the stadium surrounded by 50000 drunk 20 year olds screaming better than a coach in a silent booth with binoculars.

Another thing, during the Colts game last year, I loved to see T.O. play around in the snow, and get up on the Bills bench, stand towards the crowd and get them into it when the team was on defense. I don't know how many people know this, but after the game, T.O and George Wilson both made complete laps around the stadium shaking hands of the fans that were left, they both bypassed the tunnel to get out of the cold and made sure to get every fan that was left in the stadium.

T.O then went and took that huge Bills flag they wave around after scores and ran around the field with it, eventually running it off with it into the tunnel and into Bills history. There were only a few dozen fans left in the seats by this time. With the way the players of both teams and the fans wanted out of their and into someplace warm, I thought that was a pretty cool thing for him to do.

Is he slowing down? Probably. Is he too expensive? Probably was. Would he have been a 1000 yard receiver in a semi-decent offense? Probably. Everyone on this team was depressed and listless last year. Do we need to resign him? *shrug* Who knows. We just need more players like him who feed off of the competition and hate losing.

Holy numero uno!!!

It bothers me when on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

I filmed for a college team last year, and if I learned on thing it was that coaches are so damn busy watching the how the play unfolds they don't have time to breath let alone individually evaluate players. That is why they spend until 10pm every night of the season going back over tape of previous games and grading how each player executed each play.

Perfectly stated.

I was happy we signed TO. I own a TO jersey. I believe he did give up on this team. He did display a lack of effort in many games. He quit on plays. He gave up on routes and did not try to stop interceptions. He was great when the ball was coming his way regularly, but unfortunately the Bills did not focus on getting him the ball early in the season and he seemed to just mail it in a lot of the time, especially when Trent was QB.

The "lack of effort" thing is not something made up by the TO haters. The Bills did not make TO feel as though he was a prioirty in the offense and subsequently, he sulked for a good number of plays each game. Go back and watch the tapes.

You are exactly correct. I don't hate T.O., but I watched the games. If he scored a touchdown, he would momentarily be all excited and flex his arms at the crowd and try to fire up teammates. More often though it was the opposite, he would sulk on the bench because he wasn't getting the ball enough. Several times when balls were intercepted, he could have either prevented the interception or chased down the defender with his speed, but he instead chose to look up at the crowd or back at the quarterback and throw his arms in the air. Once again, I am not a T.O. hater, I didn't totally agree with giving him the kind of money they did on a team that wasn't close to winning, when he is more suited to be on a team that just needs one or two pieces to complete their puzzle. Those who actually watched the games would say he never lacked effort, and it wasn't every play, but for that money it should have never occurred.

Perfectly stated.

Im sorry, but its just not true. I didnt watch every game, or every play, but its easy to see that he didnt give his all, all of the time. There were plays hed give far less then 100%, there were games that he tipped runs with his lackluster attitude when he knew it wasnt a pass to him. You dont need coaches film to see this. Yes a coach doesnt get to see every detail of every players technique on every play they cant watch 11 men with one set of eyes, but to extrapolate that to someone in the stands not being able to focus in on TO and see him slow down, round off some routes, cut off the effort early, and not bust his butt on a block or chasing down a defender after an INT is ridiculous.

Did he do good things? yes.

Did he sometimes go the extra mile? yes.

Did he occasionally pout on the field? No doubt.

Perfectly stated? Far from it.

It doesnt make him the anti-christ, and it doesnt mean he wasnt still the most talented player on the field at any given moment, but to say he gave 100% on every play is just wrong. To say you need coaches film to see if he took any plays off is wrong. To get an accurate assessment on how often he dogged it, then yea, coaches film would be a great help, but to say he did take plays off was clear both in person and on TV

Im sorry, but its just not true. I didnt watch every game, or every play, but its easy to see that he didnt give his all, all of the time. There were plays hed give far less then 100%, there were games that he tipped runs with his lackluster attitude when he knew it wasnt a pass to him. You dont need coaches film to see this. Yes a coach doesnt get to see every detail of every players technique on every play they cant watch 11 men with one set of eyes, but to extrapolate that to someone in the stands not being able to focus in on TO and see him slow down, round off some routes, cut off the effort early, and not bust his butt on a block or chasing down a defender after an INT is ridiculous.

Did he do good things? yes.

Did he sometimes go the extra mile? yes.

Did he occasionally pout on the field? No doubt.

Perfectly stated? Far from it.

It doesnt make him the anti-christ, and it doesnt mean he wasnt still the most talented player on the field at any given moment, but to say he gave 100% on every play is just wrong. To say you need coaches film to see if he took any plays off is wrong. To get an accurate assessment on how often he dogged it, then yea, coaches film would be a great help, but to say he did take plays off was clear both in person and on TV

Perfectly stated!

I think TO did a fine job while here. He wasn't in a system that utilized his strengths very well though. I would welcome him back to the team with the understanding that he is a transitional player to help bring our young WR's up to speed, etc.

It bothers me when people on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

It's nice that TO would say goodbye to the fans after the last home game. It is a classy move.

But to say that "everyone on this team was depressed and listless" is nonesense--a completely made up notion you are hoping will support your belief that TO ran every route hard, never gave up and was completely misjudged by some Bills fans.

TO hates losing? Where did you read that?