Exciting things ahead for this team, this city.

I am astonished by all the pundits predicting that this team is one of the worst in football. And there are a ton of people on this board who feel the same way.

This team lacked leadership last year. The coach was horrible. Horrible.

Was there ever a worse fit for a no-huddle offense? I mean, 3 points v. Cleveland? They had no clue.

Look at all the recent press on Roscoe Parrish. The guy has flat out speed and skill, and he caught 3 passes last year. What a ridiculous waste of talent.

We were missing nearly 40% of the team by the time things wrapped up. We missed Marshawn for 4 games, enabling Fred Jackson to show his skills. Now we've got a 3 headed MONSTER at RB.

I know people say we have no line. We have issues at tackle. The interior 3 is very good. We signed a guy from Oakland for RT, we've got Bell and Meredith to work at LT, and we drafted 2 guys who have a lot of promise. We've got solid talent at TE, and we've got Josh Evans and a pile of others at WR.

We've got a 3-4 with a pretty good talent level ready to tear it up in the interior, and a TOP NOTCH secondary.

Our special teams may actually be better with Bruce DeHaven back in the fold.

Our head coach made successful quarterbacks out of journeymen, and somebody will be coached into success. We've got the right guy. We've got the right pieces in place to wreak some havoc on the league this year.

Miami is in trouble on opening day. Believe it. It's true.

I am astonished by all the pundits predicting that this team is one of the worst in football. And there are a ton of people on this board who feel the same way.

Was there ever a worse fit for a no-huddle offense? I mean, 3 points v. Cleveland? They had no clue.

Look at all the recent press on Roscoe Parrish. The guy has flat out speed and skill, and he caught 3 passes last year. What a ridiculous waste of talent.

We were missing nearly 40% of the team by the time things wrapped up. We missed Marshawn for 4 games, enabling Fred Jackson to show his skills. Now we've got a 3 headed MONSTER at RB.

I know people say we have no line. We have issues at tackle. The interior 3 is very good. We signed a guy from Oakland for RT, we've got Bell and Meredith to work at LT, and we drafted 2 guys who have a lot of promise. We've got solid talent at TE, and we've got Josh Evans and a pile of others at WR.

We've got a 3-4 with a pretty good talent level ready to tear it up in the interior, and a TOP NOTCH secondary.

Our head coach made successful quarterbacks out of journeymen, and somebody will be coached into success. We've got the right guy. We've got the right pieces in place to wreak some havoc on the league this year.

Good post, nice to hear some optimism for a change. I don't think the Bills are the worst team in football by far. They have a ways to go before being one of the top teams, but are not too far off. Also, change Josh Evans to Lee Evans before you get hammered with sarcasm by the mistake police....

I have to agree with you on some of this, and some not so much we can only thank god we don't have to deal with the same idiosyncrasy of Dirty Dick and his "Its Hard To Win In This League" That was by far the dumbest thing an head coach could ever speak..

We don't have Josh Reed anymore and our interior line is decent at best. I'm the skeptical one on our DB's and hopin' its a waste of skepticism and hopin' our secondary can just get better because this maybe the only way we can hit the QB is on a good coverage sacks.

I for one don't have a problem with the media or anyone else for the most part puttin' us last or second to last we earned it lol, now its time to earn our way out of this misery! I love our Bills and I do believe we will be much better then what we all think..

GO BILLS!!

Amen, brother...

19 and 0 baby!!! :angry:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :angry:

Not astonishing at all. In the eyes of the pundits the last 10 years have ranged between mediocre and downright inept. The only real "move" of significance this off season between the draft and free agency was to draft a scatback which most felt was not a position of need on a team with glaring needs in other positions. And a loss of 2 good receivers in Josh Reed and TO. A team that has a old, career scout as a first time GM. And a fairly old head coach that has been fired by more teams in the NFL and college than any one person should be. This is why we are rated so low. How could we not be?

They do not spend the time, and quite frankly have no reason to put on red and blue colored glasses, to think about the players returning from injury, the obvious upgrade in coaching, the "3 headed MONSTER at RB", and the other things you mention as the positives this coming season.

Are we actually one of the worst teams in the NFL? Unfortunately it is a distinct possibility. Time will tell.

Are we a playoff bound team in contention for a superbowl? Unfortunately, highly unlikely at least for a few seasons.

Are we still another mediocre team? More than likely this is where we will be this season ... yet again.

So !@#$ the pundits. Watch your Bills this season and hope for lightning to strike. And at the very least if Buddy and Chan are worthy of the jobs they have been given, we should see a team that even the pundits will have to acknowledge in 3 or 4 seasons.

I am glad and hope that all the critics just destroy us. I think Chan has it all set up right. Put us on the bottom and bash all you want. That way WHEN we kick the S*** out of the patsies and jets this year people will be saying what a surprise team. Chan has no way to go but up with his team. I'm not saying we are a top team, but believe we are MUCH BETTER THAN PEOPLE THINK. We will be a run 1st,2nd,3rd team. When they line 8+ in the box, BAM! a deep one down the field and who will look stupid. Chan will be the next great one in Buffalo. Chan is the man to make us all say I BIILIEVE!!!!! Buffalo goes 8-8 any better then Chan will be coach of the year!!!

Wow-are you serious? The talent level on this team is below average, our QB situation is one of the worst in the NFL ( name 5 starting QB's worse than Trent), Boby April is gone, no proven pass rush on the roster, 3 RB's means no rythm for anybody, unproven NT (most important position on the D). I could go on and on about the reasons we are picked last in our division and maybe the AFC. I do agree that we may be better than 5-11 but see no way in hell we make it to .500 with our talent level. We are 2 drafts from the playoffs given our division.

Good post, OP! Every Bills opponent 'sees' a 'W' playing us. We're under the radar with very good talent in many places and an all new ATTACK attitude from both sides of the ball.

What's not to get excited about?

Go Bills!

Some, yes.

A ton? No.

Agree on both parts.

Was there ever a worse fit for a no-huddle offense?

Funny. I distinctly remember you sunshine pumpers just raving about the no huddle last year.

Couldn't wait for it. It was going to help the young Oline. It was going to help Trent Edwards.

And the addition of TO, easily top 15 or better offense.

I mean, 3 points v. Cleveland? They had no clue.

I'll give you Roscoe has speed. But route running and separation seem to be an issue with him.

At 5'9" and 170 lbs, getting separation is vital because I don't think he will win that many battles for the ball.

I am speechless.

Josh Evans, a guy from Oakland to play RT, a pile of others at WR, ....

Do you even have a clue who is on the team?

We have issues at tackle, but we got Bell and Meredith to work at LT?

Those guys aren't solving the issues at tackle, THEY ARE the issues.

Yes, and there is a real possibility that person is not the roster this year.

Over the years I've been pretty optimistic -just check my preseason predictions vs the Bills final record to see how overly optimistic I've been. So, you can't label me an annual pessimist. This year I can't see more than 4 wins & it could be a lot worse than that. People who think Jauron was the worst coach ever are blinded by their somewhat unfair assessment of Jauron & his staff. Chan Gailey & his staff have yet to prove he can do any better. Recordwise, I can't see how this team could possibly win 6 games unless our December opponents lie down after a quarter like Indy did. Anyone who cites last year's 6 wins & concludes we can't do worse is delusional. Last year we got very lucky in 5 of those 6 wins.

An unbiased observer would have to conclude Jauron/Fewell squeezed as many wins out of that team as was humanly possible. When we have a worse record this year, "Jauron is the worst" people will realize that Jauron had some pretty good assistants and overall, the coaching staff wasn't nearly as bad as they're making them out to be. A lot of them found employment quickly once the Bills set them free.

It's amazing how similar to 2001 this season looks at this point. Donahoe & Gregg were pretty good at bashing Wade & his staff & there were a lot of posters buying into it back then. They, like the 2010 versions of them, have blindly accepted that the team can't be worse & will have better coaching. That team screamed REBUILDING and had a very similar QB group, led by an injury prone QB given one last chance, just like the 2010 team.

Another reason for my thoughts on the probability of a poor 2010 record: Teams changing their offense & defensive systems as radically as the Bills are doing typically get off to very poor starts without a MAJOR upgrade at QB.

Lou Saban I was 0-5 in his 1st 5 games when he took over the Bills his 1st season here. Joe Gibbs I was 0-5 in his 1st 5 games when he took over the Redskins his 1st season there. Chan Gailey has a long way to go to be compared with either one of them. Anyone expecting more than 1 win in our 1st 5 games is not an optimist-they're dreamers.

"Josh Evans, a guy from Oakland to play RT, a pile of others at WR, ....

Do you even have a clue who is on the team?"

C'mon...give the guy a break...it was a typo. I happened to like his post. Love the optimism! I read it & actually got pumped! And hey, he could be right. Do any of us really know how the season will unfold?

This is what happens when you mix alcohol and training camp on the horizon...hope springs eternal.

I will never give up on the Bills, but quite honestly I am not expecting much from them this year. Haven't we all learned to be pleasantly surprised rather than let down again? I mean the past decade hasn't really delivered all that much for billsnation.

Go Bills

"Josh Evans, a guy from Oakland to play RT, a pile of others at WR, ....

Do you even have a clue who is on the team?"

C'mon...give the guy a break...it was a typo. I happened to like his post. Love the optimism! I read it & actually got pumped! And hey, he could be right. Do any of us really know how the season will unfold?

Going from Lee > Josh is one hell of a typo. Brain 'fart' is more likely.

I would have over looked it, except he didn't mention the "guy from Oakland"s name, nor did he bother to mention any of the "pile of others at WR". How hard is it to remember guys like Green and Hardy? Especially when the one is expected to be the starting RT.

I have no problem with the optimism, but hell, at least have a clue with who's who and what's happening.

The poster comes across as one of those idiots at the Bills game trying to get everybody to cheer when the Bills offense is coming to the line. But hey, those idiots are optimistic too!.