Where do you live now and time spent in Buffalo area?

David D

Born in Lockport in 1956.

Raised in Clarence and graduated in 1974.

Went away to college and left Buffalo area after graduation (due to employment).

I have never been able to move back to Buffalo but my heart will always remain there.

I have never (lived in Bradford, PA. Cleveland, Detroit and Toledo, OH) been able to find subs, pizza or wings that compare to Buffalo.

Will go to my grave as a proud Buffalonian that supports the city and its sports teams.

Hey Toledo Bill. I too graduated from Clarence in 1974. Does your last name start with a M?

Paul from Dallas

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born in Buffalo, 1958

Lived on West Side Side until age 10, then Town of Tonawanda

Graduated from Kenmore East in 1976

Graduated from RIT in 1981

In 1981 moved to St. Louis, Mo; Visalia Ca; Baden-Baden W. Germany; Los Angeles, Ca; St. Louis again, Batlimore MD, Ridgecrest, CA; and currently St. Louis (again) ~ all this time working for McDonnell Douglas (which is now Boeing).

All I can say is may God help you dealing with the unbearable heat and humidity of the summer in STL and the temperatures that never cool at night(many times Saint Louis is the hottest place in the country in the summer around midnight). I remember all the times we used to go out tot he clubs around 11pm or midnight and just how freaking hot and humid it was. Felt like a hand coming to suffocate you when you walked outside...would be around 90 still and the low was supposed to get down to 75---yeah right...temps never got below 80 at night...never understood why the place never seems to cool down

My memories of St. Louis ended just like they started---way too hot...arrived for college freshman year at the end of August, campus was undergoing construction, all pavement, no shade, seemed like a death march to the bursar's office, registration, etc in 99 degree heat with a heat index approaching 115-120. Spent the most uncomfortable night of my life the first night in the dorms on the 8th floor with no air conditioning and no fans...was so hot I sat up all night in a chair dripping sweat because I couldn't lay down, it was too hot. Next day, Cardinals were playing a game at old Busch stadium. It was so hot on the field the players were burning their feet from the metal in the spikes because the on-field temperature was 130+, nobody was able to sit in the metal bleachers because they were too hot, and they ended up coming out every half inning and hosing the players down to cool them off. Never felt anything like it in the summer, and hope I never do again...

I pretty sure this has been done before but we've got 14 days to kill so.......

Born Niagra Falls 68'

Short stint on Grand Island

Williamsville North High School

Left in 85' and live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Born in Buffalo '59.

Moved to Rochester '90

I've never lived outside WNY.

- Born in Rochester in '72

- Went to undergrad at UB from '90-'95 (lived on campus & in N Tonawanda)

- Moved back to Rochester to finish my PhD at UofR in 2006 (took a couple years off in between)

- Moved to Boston, aka home of bandwagon Pats* fans, in 2006

- Have been living here and going to The Harp to watch Bills games ever since

GO BILLS!!

Vital stats:

Born in Buffalo in 1979

First game: Bills-Chargers season opener 1985

Season tickets: 1986-1995

Been to over 100 Bills games

At greatest comeback

Seen them in Denver (2), KC (2), Miami (2), Seattle, San Diego

Arrested outside of San Diego game in 2005 for public drunkeness (didn't actually make it in but I still count it), spent 12 hours in SDCJ wearing a Sabres jersey and Canisius College basketball shorts

Going to Lambeau

Born in Philadelphia '87

Moved to Buffalo (East Amherst) in '90 when I was 3

Lived there until I graduated from Williamsville East HS in '05.

Moved to NYC for school, and am now working and living there as a consultant.

I rarely get a chance to go back home because work is so demanding, but on Sundays, I shut out everything else and cheer for my bills :devil:

Born in Buffalo in '82

Lived in West Seneca, then Lakeview.

Job forced parents to move when I was 9, moved to Central PA.

Grad HS in 2000, left to live in High Point, NC in 2002, moved back to PA in 2003.

Been here ever since. This is a pathetic sports area.

Born in Lackawana in 1960

Lived in Lakeview until I was 9

Moved to South Florida in '69

Moved to Pittsburgh PA suburb in '74 been here ever since

Just curious, how did you like Lakeview?, mine were pretty much childhood memories, but I loved the place,

just wonder what it was like from your pespective a decade or so later.

Born and raised in Seneca Indian territory in Salamanca. Graduated from Salamanca in 1980. Joined the Navy at 20 and retired 20 years later and stayed in Chespeake, Virginia. Seems like next to WNY, the most common place of residency on this board is Virginia, no wonder you see vehicles with Bills stuff on them all the time down here. My first Bills game, O.J. got his 10,000 yard against the Falcons and the Bills won 3-0. Still go home every summer and have went to Camp at St. John Fisher every year since it moved there.

Born NT 1962

Moved Spartanburg, SC 1972

Broome HS 1980

Auburn Alabama 1983 -1985, Auburn Grad 85

Winston-Salem, NC 1986-1992

Charlotte, NC - 1992-1995 - Township Grille great Bills location not sure it's still there.

Atlanta 1995-present

Just finished may basement bar for the 2010 season. Bar has one rule:

GUYS NO SHIRTS - NO DRINKS!!!

GIRLS NO SHIRTS - FREE DRINKS!!!

Born Ithaca 1962

Moved to Buffalo 1966

First game: against Johnny Unitas at the Rockpile December 1970.

Graduated Hamburg High 1980

Graduated Buffalo State 1984

Went to Jim Kelly's first game in 1986, moved to Arizona the next day.

I've seen the Bills play in San Diego (2x), LA Coliseum, Denver, Arizona (2x). I also was at the first Dallas Superbowl in the Rose Bowl. Sat in an all Cowboy section. 28-10 at half and they were still nervous because the comeback game was just a few weeks before.

I install garage floor epoxy systems. I also franchise my system nationwide.

Born in Pittsburgh

Moved to Buffalo in 1960 at the age of 3

Graduated Sweet Home High 1975.

College in Washington DC graduated 79' and have remained in the DC and VA area.

Many Bills fans in the area.

DC area is a solid sports area. VA is not very sports minded...the further into VA you go,

the more Nascar becomes the national sport.

The only time I can get a decent pizza is when I come back to visit Buffalo.

;) ... ;)

Born Ithaca 1962

Moved to Buffalo 1966

First game: against Johnny Unitas at the Rockpile December 1970.

Graduated Hamburg High 1980

Graduated Buffalo State 1984

Went to Jim Kelly's first game in 1986, moved to Arizona the next day.

I've seen the Bills play in San Diego (2x), LA Coliseum, Denver, Arizona (2x). I also was at the first Dallas Superbowl in the Rose Bowl. Sat in an all Cowboy section. 28-10 at half and they were still nervous because the comeback game was just a few weeks before.

I install garage floor epoxy systems. I also franchise my system nationwide.

This you?

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/S-09-208-09-SC01.pdf

I'm from '04 class. Don't know if you heard/seen, they are adding a huge modern addition, looks great.

i haven't been inside yet but i have seen pictures. i will get to know it pretty well as i will be student teaching there this fall.

if you're in town for a game - hit me up. there's a pretty big chs contingency with seasons and we tailgate hard.

born polish east side '61

ramblin wreck '78

ecc '87

elmira 87

ccc 96

owego 96

ellicott city, md 6/10

boy, I thought I was much older than most here....not only that, I am surprized how close paths cross in this post....(and yes, I realize we are all from Buffalo and it's bound to happen....still, I might know a couple of you.)

any bills love in ellicott city?

GO BILLS!

I became a fan of the Buffalo Bills even though I had never been to WNY because I liked their uniforms best. That charging buffalo had me at hello.

Me too! ;) But, actually back then the buffalo was just standing there. ;)

Born Pottsville PA. Moved to Kenmore 1943.

Graduated DeVeaux Niagara Fall 1953.

Worked Chevy River Road 15 months

College in Holland Mi Grad 1958

Worked Roswell Park till 1997

Had season tickets from 1973-1996

Retired 1997 moved to southwest coast Fl. Don't miss the snow and cold but do miss the food and changing of leaves each fall. Have Sunday ticket and a small gang of western NYers in for the games.

Just drove by Pottsville, PA for the first time the other day. I remember it because there was a huge sign that said, "welcome to God's country"--it was great!

Born in North Buffalo -1955 Millard Fillmore Hospital

PS #66

Bennet HS 1973

UB 1977

Left for school In San Diego Ca. and never came back.

Love my Bills !!!

i haven't been inside yet but i have seen pictures. i will get to know it pretty well as i will be student teaching there this fall.

if you're in town for a game - hit me up. there's a pretty big chs contingency with seasons and we tailgate hard.

I loved that place. Good luck. Thanks, will do!

Born in Rochester in 1990. My dad taught me everything there is to know about the Bills. I haven't missed a game in my entire life. My earliest memories were watching Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Tasker, Reed, Talley, and the gang. Attended UB '08. Transferred to SUNY Oswego and still live in Rochester (Ontario, NY)