I really don't blame Ralph for not spending all the money to get F

Until we show that we can win, there seems to be no reason to spend the extra money. The Bills spent huge sums in the early 90's to field great teams but we were at or near the top of the league. No reason to do that now considering how many question marks we have and no idea of how good the guys in the system will be.

Go Bills!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we show that we can win, there seems to be no reason to spend the extra money. The Bills spent huge sums in the early 90's to field great teams but we were at or near the top of the league. No reason to do that now considering how many question marks we have and no idea of how good the guys in the system will be.

Go Bills!!

Ralph Wilson doesn't need encouragement from anyone not to spend money. It comes natural to him. :thumbsup:

Go Bills!!

So what you are saying is "Screw It" we aren't any good anyway so let's not try to get better? And no owner spends "all" the money either. No team can win without a good mix of good drafting, free agents, good coaching/gameplanning and at least a little bit of luck.

How far below the cap has the Bills' payroll been for the last few seasons? :thumbsup:

Ralph's problem has been that he's too cheap with the jobs that fall outside of the cap -- GM and HC -- and as a result it has cost him money because the incompetents he's hired on the cheap have blown huge sums of money on inferior players.

Ralph's problem has been that he's too cheap with the jobs that fall outside of the cap -- GM and HC -- and as a result it has cost him money because the incompetents he's hired on the cheap have blown huge sums of money on inferior players.

If reports are to be believed, RW wanted to pay someone to be GM/HC type in November/December. Then Shanahan and Cowher both declined the job, which says a lot about where the Bills are in the NFL.

bull ****

I don't know how much Nix is making but Donahoe...our last actual GM...wasn't exactly cheap

At head coach, it's true he doesn't spend a lot on guys who haven't proven themselves to be worth a lot...that's not a sign of being cheap, that's a sign of being smart with your money.

After the strong start in 2008, he rewarded Jauron with a major raise. In 2008, under the terms of his old contract, he was about the 31st highest paid in the league. The raise he got made him the 10th-highest paid coach in the NFL with an average salary of $3.5M per year...and considering he's paying him over $8M for doing nothing after he fired him AND was willing to spend in the neighborhood of $10M per year for a coach like Shanahan, to say Ralph is cheap is ridiculously stupid and ignorant

bull ****

I don't know how much Nix is making but Donahoe...our last actual GM...wasn't exactly cheap

At head coach, it's true he doesn't spend a lot on guys who haven't proven themselves to be worth a lot...that's not a sign of being cheap, that's a sign of being smart with your money.

After the strong start in 2008, he rewarded Jauron with a major raise. In 2008, under the terms of his old contract, he was about the 31st highest paid in the league. The raise he got made him the 10th-highest paid coach in the NFL with an average salary of $3.5M per year...and considering he's paying him over $8M for doing nothing after he fired him AND was willing to spend in the neighborhood of $10M per year for a coach like Shanahan, to say Ralph is cheap is ridiculously stupid and ignorant

I was just trying to say that there is a time to spend and a time to save and even when we spend we have gotten nothing in return to really show for it but a ~.500 record. I wouldn't spend any extra until I see a direction that leads to a positive result versus more of the same, it's just my point.

As per the F in the title, it was FA but it cut it off.

Top GM's, HC's, and many players don't want to be in a market/city like Buffalo.

Money isn't the problem with Buffalo. I have never though Ralph wilson is cheap. Greggo, Mike Mularky, etc... were all considered to be good head coach candidates. Getting a coordinator to become your head coach isn't exactly a new theory.

The #1 problem with Buffalo is drafting and the people who make decisions for it. That's it problem solved. It's no secret that the bills have drafted poorly for the last decade or so.

Top GM's, HC's, and many players don't want to be in a market/city like Buffalo.

James could not convince Bosh to play in Cleveland, so James, Bosh and Wade went to Miami. Think about this a minute: Young, rich ballers hanging in Cleveland - or in our case, Buffalo - or South Beach. Which would you choose? Is it any wonder we have a hard time?