RIP Bob Sheppard

LeviF

I thought it was so cool that the Yankees kept him on, even when he was 95+ years old.........."Your attention please, ladies and gentlemen, now batting....."............I loved hearing that!

As somebody mentioned, we'll still hear Sheppard's voice at Yankee Stadium whenever Jeter comes to bat. I can only imagine how emotional Jeet's final at-bat is going to be. It's something I sort of look forward to from a cathartic perspective.

Anybody remember Paul O Neill's final game at Yankee Stadium during the 2001 World Series? I remember being in tears for more than a few minutes.

As somebody mentioned, we'll still hear Sheppard's voice at Yankee Stadium whenever Jeter comes to bat. I can only imagine how emotional Jeet's final at-bat is going to be. It's something I sort of look forward to from a cathartic perspective.

Anybody remember Paul O Neill's final game at Yankee Stadium during the 2001 World Series? I remember being in tears for more than a few minutes.

Though I do hate the Yankess, and have a strond dislike for Jeter. That is something I will watch just to capture the moment, and the 15 min standing O he will rightfully receive.

With all that said I have to go roll my self in mud to get this positive Yankee moment off of me.

Though I do hate the Yankess, and have a strond dislike for Jeter. That is something I will watch just to capture the moment, and the 15 min standing O he will rightfully receive.

With all that said I have to go roll my self in mud to get this positive Yankee moment off of me.

I'm not much of a Yankees guy, but I have no hatred for Jeter. The guy is a class act, great role model for kids, and an awesome player. It's hard not to root for a guy like that in today's sports era.

I'm not much of a Yankees guy, but I have no hatred for Jeter. The guy is a class act, great role model for kids, and an awesome player. It's hard not to root for a guy like that in today's sports era.

I think it really stems from him being a Yankee. I grew up and was taught the Yankees are the evilest of evils. I honsetly think that if he is not a Yankee, i have no issue with him.

I think it really stems from him being a Yankee. I grew up and was taught the Yankees are the evilest of evils. I honsetly think that if he is not a Yankee, i have no issue with him.

Yeah, I understand people who hate the Yankees, but I honestly don't think there's one negative thing you can say about the guy. Great player, better guy.