Source with Eagles said VICK to be released regardless

major

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be released??? I'm pretty sure that reads they've "considered" releasing Vick. The guy just got a 1.5 million roster bonus on Monday and Eagles officials have already said they aren't releasing him at this point (Source: Mort per Twitter.) So from the sounds of things, unless Vick is going to miss time due to suspension its unlikely at this point he's going to get released.

Interesting that last year Philly had 2 good backup QBs and McNabb as the starter. If Vick gets cut they're down to 4th round rookie Mike Kafka & UFA rookie Joey Elliott as their backups. I wonder if Garcia would get re-signed by the Eagles if Vick is cut.

Well, the Eagles had a nice run. Should have traded Vick when they had the chance, to them help rebuild.

I'm sure that any team that was desperate enough to trade for him would've put conditions in the trade ensuring their asses would be covered when, not if, Vick got in trouble again

A person familiar with the team's thinking...

Seriously? This is a source? I could be considered "a person familiar w/ the team's thinking" (well, maybe not for the Eagles, but for the Bills) & my last interaction w/ ANYONE in any way affiliated w/ the Bills was attending (just watching like every other fan) training camp a few yrs ago.

I liked watching Vick when he was in Atlanta and I rooted for the guy in hopes that he would turn his life around after everything that he got himself into, but he keeps putting himself into situations that breed trouble. When you have time hanging over your head and all kinds of stipulations to live by because of choices you've made in life you need to do all that you can to avoid finding yourself in a predicamnet like this. He obviously hasn't taken things as seriously as he should have and now he finds himself in this place. He's not only hurting himself, but making everyone that's tried to help him through all of this and the one's who have stayed by his side look like fools. I hope one day he "gets it", but I don't want him here if the Eagles release him.

For fear of how many teams may be interested in his services, I say we trade next year's #1 for him.

No? :devil:

Only if we can bundle Maybenot, Lynch, Spiller, Schobel, Poz, Evans and Wood with that #1.

Hey, if you're going to make a blockbuster trade - go all out.

[/s]

I'm curious how Thanksgiving works at the Vick house. Wouldn't Mike and Marcus be in violation of their parole by associating with a known felon?

Holidays could start to get very lonely for Mike. Unless he was involved in the shooting. Then he'll have lots of company, daily.