Bills worst team of all time

Coach55

The biggest bust in franchise history, even more than Erik Flowers or Mike Williams is punk surfer dude Rob the sht stain Johnson. Not only did the franchise waste a 1st rounder on him, He takes over a team that had gone to the playoffs the past two seasons and goes 2-14. He sucked.

The Bills never went 2-14 with Rob Johnson. The closest they came was 3-13, which might be splitting hairs except you can hardly blame it on Johnson. He only started 8 games that year. He only won one of them, but overall that was just a bad team. Take a look: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2001.htm

The starting LBs were Keith Newman, Brandon Spoon and Jay Foreman (who led the team in tackles). Raion Hill started 13 games at FS. The other safetys were Keion Carpenter and Travares Tillman. Bill Conaty and Corey Hulsey were part of the starting OL. They went through 2 place kickers that year, Oh and it was Gregg "Air Horn" Williams' first season of on the job learning.

I'm not defending Johnson as much as I'm just trying to put his performance in perspective.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills never went 2-14 with Rob Johnson. The closest they came was 3-13, which might be splitting hairs except you can hardly blame it on Johnson. He only started 8 games that year. He only won one of them, but overall that was just a bad team. Take a look: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2001.htm

The starting LBs were Keith Newman, Brandon Spoon and Jay Foreman (who led the team in tackles). Raion Hill started 13 games at FS. The other safetys were Keion Carpenter and Travares Tillman. Bill Conaty and Corey Hulsey were part of the starting OL. They went through 2 place kickers that year, Oh and it was Gregg "Air Horn" Williams' first season of on the job learning.

I'm not defending Johnson as much as I'm just trying to put his performance in perspective.

Sorry, didn't get to your post before I commented. I remember hearing before the start of the 2001 season, that the 01' Bills were going to be better than the '00 Bills. I also remember Greggo was implementing the 'West Coast Offense' to maximize Johnson's strengths. Yeah, that turned out really good... :)

yeah, I have to rank the '71 & '72 teams as the worst of all time for Buffalo.

Actually, '72 was Saban's 1st year 2nd term. That team showed improvement at the end of the season which became a very good '73 team.

For one of the linebackers, I'm trying to remember the name of the guy that Gregg Williams brought with him from the Titans who was, to put it kindly, "past his prime", and got faked out of his jock by Chad Pennington who made it past him into the end zone. What was his name?

Was it Eddie Robinson?

GO BILLS!

Eddie Robinson it was...the guy was horrible in Buffalo...he couldn't have tackled me. LOL!

Raion played SS...Keion and Tillman manned the FS spot

theres really no debate that the worst bills qb was gary marangi

hell, look up his name and youll see him in the worst ever nfl qb discussions cuz he is literally second worst in qbs playing x games kinds of analyses

yeah he played on a bad team but even just watching him you could see he was brutally bad all on his own

I have populated a few,

And populated them very poorly, IMO. Those names are not even close to the all-time worst at their positions.

I don't have time to build a complete roster, but here are three guys off the top of my head:

QB: Dennis Shaw

RB: Booker Moore

WR: Perry Tuttle

And populated them very poorly, IMO. Those names are not even close to the all-time worst at their positions.

I don't have time to build a complete roster, but here are three guys off the top of my head:

QB: Dennis Shaw

RB: Booker Moore

WR: Perry Tuttle

I think Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the Year after the 1970 season. He just couldn't beat the rush and stop throwing INTs, but we got some trade value when he was traded to St Louis, for none other than Ahmad Rashad!

I think Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the Year after the 1970 season. He just couldn't beat the rush and stop throwing INTs, but we got some trade value when he was traded to St Louis, for none other than Ahmad Rashad!

He's still the worst of any guy that started more than a handful of games, IMO. The other jamokes like Dufek etc. were never signed to be starters, so their epic failure is somewhat understandable...

Not sure how Shaw's 10 TDs, 20 INTs and 65.3 rating in his rookie year was praiseworthy, BTW.

He's still the worst of any guy that started more than a handful of games, IMO. The other jamokes like Dufek etc. were never signed to be starters, so their epic failure is somewhat understandable...

Not sure how Shaw's 10 TDs, 20 INTs and 65.3 rating in his rookie year was praiseworthy, BTW.

Nevertheless it is a fact he was ROY. QB numbers, especially INTs were different back then.

TE-Lonnie Johnson

WR-Russell Copeland

K-Jake Arians

OLB-Eddie Robinson

FS-Travares Tillman

You left off kick returner

PR-Chris Watson

That's "Freakin' Lonnie Johnson" as someone on this board liked to say

Your list is too modern. Check the rosters of the '68,'71,'77,'84, and '85 teams.

Yep, '84 team was pretty bad at 2-14. That's why we got Bruce.

The '71 team not only had the league's worst record at 1-13, but they scored the fewest pts and gave up the most, outscored 394 to 184. I remember one game vs the Colts where they had like -13 yards passing.