Losman Looking Good in Seattle

From PFT:

thats all true until the game starts and the game is on the line then he will kill them just like we all saw him do here time and time again.

the guy just does not have "IT" nothing between the ears unfortunatly. great athletic ability no brain or feel for the game.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PFT:

thats all true until the game starts and the game is on the line then he will kill them just like we all saw him do here time and time again.

the guy just does not have "IT" nothing between the ears unfortunatly. great athletic ability no brain or feel for the game.

I think i agree. JP doesn't have "IT" from what i've seen. But I know i'm not always right. Still curious what a real QB coach and OC can get out of him in the right system. Some QB's are probably so talented they can succeed in any system presented to them. Some such as JP just can't. Maybe he never will. Some QB's can only succeed in one or two systems. Maybe, shouda, woulda, coulda, about JP being coached by Gailey. Just curious that's all.

He did have a great deep ball, but def. had some happy feet to go along with his strong arm.

Bingo! / end thread. Nothing to see here folks. Losman's defect IS and always has been above his shoulders. That's NOT going to change. Ever.

I don't know why anyone expects JP or Charlie Whitehead (sp) to start. Hasselbeck is the Hawks QB until he gets injured for the 428th time in his career. Whitehurst was a horrible pick-up and Losman did show he could play last year, albeit in the UFL. I would say that JP will be second in the depth chart behind Hasselbeck.

Bingo! / end thread. Nothing to see here folks. Losman's defect IS and always has been above his shoulders. That's NOT going to change. Ever.

I think the only reason people still think about JP is cause he was the only one willing to really go long in a while with the Bills. Also due to the fact he put in a lot of time into the Buffalo community. That is prolly why we all wish him well. This thread will prolly die soon. best wishes JP.

I'm just glad we don't play Seattle, because this board would blow up if we lost to Losman.

Che that u? or am i confused?

If JP started against us i think our secondary would literally "pick" him apart.

He always looked good in shorts, he has an incredible arm, Its when the pressures, making quick decisions, and managing the game is where he struggled.

I'd say about 9 out of 10 young, inexperienced QBs have those porblems trying to transition to the pros. The biggest problem with JP was he had a horrible coaching staff, that drafted a kid that everyone said would take a few years to develop because he was raw. Then they gave him 1 year and expected greatness.

I'd say about 9 out of 10 young, inexperienced QBs have those porblems trying to transition to the pros. The biggest problem with JP was he had a horrible coaching staff, that drafted a kid that everyone said would take a few years to develop because he was raw. Then they gave him 1 year and expected greatness.

I was on the same boat for JP, but he hasn't improved since then and even if was 'ruined' by the coaching staff...he's had enough time to get over it. He didn't exactly look like a world beater in the UFL.

He was assessed as the best draft prospect in the country going into his senior year, apparently. He got to learn from the bench his first year--he was not thrown in his rookie year. Doubt anyone expected "greatness", but they did expect some form of competence to appear in his game.

He did show flashes of capability but ultimatelyu melted when it counted. It would be a huge turnaround if he does become a productive starter in the league.

Will NEVER happen, NEVER.

Who cares about Losman, WITH ALL OF THE GREAT POSITIVE THINGS WE HAVE HEARD ABOUT EDWARDS this off season????? Nice to hear someone we drafted is moving up the depth chart. I keep wondering what we would have had if we had a real coaching staff to bring that guy along. He needed Mike Holgrem in a bad way. So far JP has been what Favre would have been without the walrus.

Will NEVER happen, NEVER.

I'll never be confused with someone that thought Losman was a great QB or anything, but let's remember that the guy is one of only 2 QBs (Bledsoe being the other) that has put together a decent 16-game season for Buffalo this decade.

Tell me you wouldn't be thrilled to see a Bills' QB throw for 3,000 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs, and a QB rating above 85 this season...

From PFT:

Funny stuff for those of us who've been seduced by the very same thing in the past.

Yeah, well if Seattle actually puts him in position to succeed, they might get results that are far different.

Again, we waited till we discovered how JP works best in 2006 when we opened up the offense, and then after discovering that, we totally changed the offense to force him to use the weakest parts of his game. Baffling and unforgivable. No way to know if JP can be successful, but it was clear that the Bills sabotaged him after 2006.

I'll never be confused with someone that thought Losman was a great QB or anything, but let's remember that the guy is one of only 2 QBs (Bledsoe being the other) that has put together a decent 16-game season for Buffalo this decade.

Tell me you wouldn't be thrilled to see a Bills' QB throw for 3,000 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs, and a QB rating above 85 this season...

Right on the button.

And especially to do so with 13 games of experience before the season started. People forget that before that 2006 season, JP had far less game experience than Trent Edwards had going into last year. Trent had 24 games experience before last season, depending on how you count it. Much more experience than JP at the beginning of 2006 anyway.