Oh the horror! We must protect the children!!!

Beerball

LOL I am just in a mood for a rant today! One more rant before I head out. So yesterday I met some friends at my local bar, and there is a father there with his young daughter sitting on a barstool at the bar. WTF? A child never belongs at a bar! A bar should be a place where you can drop F-bombs, tell sordid stories, hook up with a cutie, discuss whatever topic you want no matter how inappropriate, etc- and not have to worry about a child sitting next to you. Take your kids to chucky cheese, not a bar!

saw a father and his (maybe) 9 year old daughter dining together at Hooters. A pub would have probably been a better choice.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saw a father and his (maybe) 9 year old daughter dining together at Hooters. A pub would have probably been a better choice.

I took a Hooter's waitress to Chucky Cheese, ordered an Effing pizza and we both got thrown out.

Count Chocula, Capt n Crunch, Ronald McDonald (not a cartoon character of course) the Frito Bandito, Tony the Tiger, the Hawiian Punch guy, th Kool-aid guy. Yup we didn't have any of those cartoons when we were kids. Question, why were we all so skinny back then? My grandfather used to make fun of me all the time. "I can count your ribs kid."

I guess we didn't have as many characters on the packaging.

Maybe your parents should have been turned in for abuse as they seemed to have starved you. I'll bet they even made you go outside with the other kids in the neighborhood to run and play. I know this must have stained you for life. Did you go to counseling and group therapy today?

Maybe your parents should have been turned in for abuse as they seemed to have starved you. I'll bet they even made you go outside with the other kids in the neighborhood to run and play. I know this must have stained you for life. Did you go to counseling and group therapy today?

No I became a drug addict/alcoholic and blame my parents to this day.

No I became a drug addict/alcoholic and blame my parents to this day.

Maybe you should get a reality show. Then you could blame all of your ills on your parents while on national TV. Just think, potential book deals and then a cooking show. The possibilities to emerge from your horrendous childhood are endless.

Looping back to the point of this thread you could become a celebrity spokesperson for junk food. :thumbsup:

Maybe you should get a reality show. Then you could blame all of your ills on your parents while on national TV. Just think, potential book deals and then a cooking show. The possibilities to emerge from your horrendous childhood are endless.

Looping back to the point of this thread you could become a celebrity spokesperson for junk food. :thumbsup:

Chef Jim--The Gory Years! It will be a smash hit.

no ****. And back then that kid was chubby, not obese like the majority of kids today. I blame video games, MTV, parents. When we were kids we played outside all day. We knew how to entertain ourselves and did not require constant stimulation. This generation is collectively obese, and ADD and diabetes are an epidemic

One other thing I notice is just about every family I know the children are incredibly picky. We ate whatever was put in front of us, no matter if we liked it or not. Throwing away food was not an option

All you guys are the baby boomers, who led to this obesity. Yet pass the blame on as usual. I have twin daughters age 5 that are in perfect shape and eat what is fed to them, however this generalization is ridiculous. The biggest baby generation = baby boomers. Had life by the balls, and destroyed the Earth and this country.

All you guys are the baby boomers, who led to this obesity. Yet pass the blame on as usual. I have twin daughters age 5 that are in perfect shape and eat what is fed to them, however this generalization is ridiculous. The biggest baby generation = baby boomers. Had life by the balls, and destroyed the Earth and this country.

Wow. I had no idea the Boomers were The Great Evil.

LOL I am just in a mood for a rant today! One more rant before I head out. So yesterday I met some friends at my local bar, and there is a father there with his young daughter sitting on a barstool at the bar. WTF? A child never belongs at a bar! A bar should be a place where you can drop F-bombs, tell sordid stories, hook up with a cutie, discuss whatever topic you want no matter how inappropriate, etc- and not have to worry about a child sitting next to you. Take your kids to chucky cheese, not a bar!

Remember that Yankees-Red Sox one-game playoff in '78? I was 8. I saw Yaz's HR at one bar, then my dad took me to another bar and we saw Bucky Dent's game winner there. I spent lots of time at bars when I was a kid. Get this - my dad's friends would give me a few quarters and I'd get cigarettes out of the machine (matches too) for them.

BSEE degree, Army commission, running a business. Yup, dad ruined me. :thumbsup:

Which is more ridiculous our generalizations or your accusing us of destroying the earth.

Remember that Yankees-Red Sox one-game playoff in '78? I was 8. I saw Yaz's HR at one bar, then my dad took me to another bar and we saw Bucky Dent's game winner there. I spent lots of time at bars when I was a kid. Get this - my dad's friends would give me a few quarters and I'd get cigarettes out of the machine (matches too) for them.

BSEE degree, Army commission, running a business. Yup, dad ruined me. :thumbsup:

We know you have dark secrets in your closet .... they were formed during your youth in such a horrible place .... you probably even found you dad's playboy under the bed after you came home from the bar.... dark secrets ....we just know ...

People need to get a grip. To your point, a bar is not automatically evil space ....

Ha! Back in the day (1967-ish), my old man used to take me to Stockman's Tavern on Transit Road and he'd have the bartender put the TV on Channel 12 out of Erie, PA - trying to watch the Bills homes games through staticy snow. I drank orange pop and he did shots and beers. Never got out of control or had bad things happen. Still a nice memory! It was a different time. Not sure I'd do it today with my kid....glad I'm too old to worry about it!

And food? Oh God...my mother used to make salmon patties pan fried in butter...and liver and onions....and potato pancakes, all for dinner. Still like liver and onions, and love potato pancakes, but salmon patties....not so much! She wasn't the greatest cook, but she was an awesome Mom.

I miss them both!

Congratulations. US teens have the highest obese percentage in the world. Fact. Not generalization. And I am not a baby boomer. I am 41 and Generation X. Not to mention 11% body fat. But keep slinging mud and making your generalizations- don 't let facts or your small sample stop you