afc east team comparison

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Same talent on the Jets last year as Bills this year? Tell me what you know...

i know they have a very very strong backfield, three deep in fact, hmmmmm. sounds familiar.

a big young pass catching tight end with top end speed, hmmmm.

young unproven qb corps, similar.

a smaller fast reciever, and a big deep threat.....im actually not sure which team im talking about here they are so similar

a young offensive line with a couple early round picks thrown to the fire early.........

on defense they are also similar, leodis and darrelle revis, a run oriented defensive front with a strong man coverage d backfield, and a brand new coach.

team that was supposed to be better than they were in previous seasons...

i see lots of similarities there. but its my opinion, which is like a butt hole, everybody has one and everyone elses stinks

i know they have a very very strong backfield, three deep in fact, hmmmmm. sounds familiar.

a smaller fast reciever, and a big deep threat.....im actually not sure which team im talking about here they are so similar

a young offensive line with a couple early round picks thrown to the fire early.........

on defense they are also similar, leodis and darrelle revis, a run oriented defensive front with a strong man coverage d backfield, and a brand new coach.

i see lots of similarities there. but its my opinion, which is like a butt hole, everybody has one and everyone elses stinks

Now that you mention it, they are indeed both football teams. :w00t::lol:

I started a longer reply but man, this post equating Sanchez to any QB on the Bills, Leodis to Revis, as well as Evans to Edwards is just plain silly.

+1

Count me on the bandwagon with the Biscuit. As I just posted in another thread:

If the players and coaches had the attitude of these fans, they would never improve. The Pats are aging and have not drafted well for years--they are on the brink of a collapse. The Jets are a bad chemistry set in the hands of an over-enthusiastic screaming adolescent. The Fins are quarterbacked by nobody and just acquired the most poisonous locker room receiver in the game. The Bills will do no worse than 3-3 in the division this year, and finish above .500.

Don't tell me to put down the crack pipe. It's better than sticking my head in the oven with the rest of you.

I like the thoughts but the Bills hopes really rest on someone emerging as a solid QB. The Bills may (I stress may) be able to improve the o-line play with the current roster simply through scheme and continuity. Only time will tell if the QB answer is on the roster or if we have to wait for that answer.

I started a longer reply but man, this post equating Sanchez to any QB on the Bills, Leodis to Revis, as well as Evans to Edwards is just plain silly.

i was actually equating evans to cotchery, not edwards. evans only had one drop all season, edwards had one per game at least.

but you know so much more than me, just save your words, i admit it and all the other posters know it too. :w00t:

You clearly don't get it. A walk-over against the Colts by the Bills proves the Bills aren't that far away. A walk-over against the Colts by the Jets to get in the playoffs proves the Jets aren't really any good. :w00t:

Try again. You can do it.

We may have gotten a bit better overall, but not by any great amount.

So you must figure 2 AFC East teams are really going to tank this season huh??

Cincinnati is iffy and did not play well down the stretch. The Patriots are on the decline, plus Wes Welker is coming off of season ending surgery. The Pats still have no running game and have a very young, raw defense. Miami doesn't have a good QB, plus they're getting a locker room cancer in Marshall. People forget the Bills beat the Phins 31-14. IMO, the Jets will win the AFC East.

Another team that was a contender (but missed the playoffs) is the Steelers. Rapelisberger will be suspended for 6 games, so that will have an impact for not only those first six games, but until Pig Ben gets back in the swing of the regular season. Plus, the Steelers traded Holmes.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14829

This article shows if the Bills had competent coaching over the last 4 years, the Bills could have been in the playoffs at least 3 out of the last 4 years.

Real football 365? Might as well read and believe the Bleacher Report.

This says it all:

Buf 24, Dal 25 With the lead, Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell goes into a shell and plays prevent defense which cost the Bills. After the Cowboys score, Bobby April’s squad fails to pick up the onside kick. Ultimately, the Bills lose another last second game.

Just thinking out loud, but if the Bills offense had actually bothered to do something, like score ...

We're better than Dolphins and could finally beat the Pats this year. IMO, the Bills will at least go 3-3 in the division (including 1 win over the Pats). I think the Bills could go 4-2 with 2 wins over the phins. I still stand by my prediction of 11-5, but I think the worst the Bills could do is 9-7. Jets got a wild card spot with a 9-7 record last season.

The biggest difference is that the other three teams have a solid OL and certainty at the QB position. Secondly, all the three teams have established coaches who have turned around their programs.

If the Bills can fix those three, then they will be back in the hunt. The talent level is not that different in other areas.

The biggest difference is that the other three teams have a solid OL and certainty at the QB position. Secondly, all the three teams have established coaches who have turned around their programs.

If the Bills can fix those three, then they will be back in the hunt. The talent level is not that different in other areas.

I wouldn't say the Dols and Jets went into the season with "certainty at the QB position." The Jets were relying on a rookie QB, who relied heavily on the run game and defense. They've tinkered with that run game and dumper their kicker. As for Miami, when Pennington was done, Henne was spotty at best.

I wouldn't say the Dols and Jets went into the season with "certainty at the QB position." The Jets were relying on a rookie QB, who relied heavily on the run game and defense. They've tinkered with that run game and dumper their kicker. As for Miami, when Pennington was done, Henne was spotty at best.

I said, "Going into this season" those teams do not have uncertainty at the QB/OL positions.

Chad Henne played pretty well to win football games for the Dolphins. It took a while, but at the end of the season, he had a pretty good feel for the game and some success (Definitely better than our QB and OL).

Real football 365? Might as well read and believe the Bleacher Report.

This says it all:

Just thinking out loud, but if the Bills offense had actually bothered to do something, like score ...

So you're saying that Fewell's defense never went into a shell with the lead in any games? Fewell never played scared and went to the prevent defense in any game? Nevermind that Special Teams failed to do their job and recover the ball.

I said, "Going into this season" those teams do not have uncertainty at the QB/OL positions.

Chad Henne played pretty well to win football games for the Dolphins. It took a while, but at the end of the season, he had a pretty good feel for the game and some success (Definitely better than our QB and OL).

gee using that logic, ryan fitzpatrick played well enough to win some games for the bills also....henne is by no means superior to any of our qbs. any of them. and if im not mistaken the offensive line has a first rounder (albeit coming off big injury) who was playing like a vet when he went down, a super solid second rounder at lg, a very steady center, an ultra athletic (albeit coming off injury) at lt in bell or better yet a super strong, very fast Jamon Meredith at either tackle position ( i personally think he will be manning the blind side) and a couple promising tackle prospects in wang and calloway. calloway was projected as a second rounder in many draft publications i read, however his college position is not a huge nfl need, its usually manned by castoff left tackles, which he incidentally manned for Iowa before the arrival of early first round pick Brian bulaga. i see the intelligent army brat manning the rt position come september and holding on to it for a decade or so.

jamon meredith-no penalties in 8 games in 2009, one sack allowed in same number of games. andy levitre- super solid atheltic lg. jeff hangartner-solid vet playing his last season at center. eric wood- possible allpro rg, will move to c next season or sooner. kyle calloway-rookie will beat out old cornell green for starting rt job. see above

teams ran the ball up the bills rectums last season for these reasons.

1.the strength and conditoning of the team was a joke

2.the four three defense that featured two small defensive ends, one who was solid in contain, and one who habitually took the inside line against RTs and did not contain (DE #1 priority)

3.cb's played with a large cushion giving wrs a chance to block them downfield almost all the time

there are probably some more but im getting tired

That's not it. Keep on trying.

Your point is that the Jets made it to the playoffs because the Colts "laid down". You are assuming, obviously, that there was no way that the Jets could beat them straight up. Why is that absolutely true, in your mind?

Did the Bengals "lay down" (twice?) for the Jets, too? How about the Chargers? Two road playoff wins against division winners with a rookie QB?

What was your point again? Oh, that the Jests didn't belong in the playoffs.

They are over hyped...I give the Jets credit they got a little favorable bounce and rode the momentum. The biggest difference to me is the coaching staff. Jauron's group were outcoached every game win or lose most times not even allowing them to compete on offense. Watch how much "better" the line is with Gailey at the controls. I think we are about 7-9 talent but Gailey makes up for it 9-7 and if you can get to 9-7 10-6 is within reach. Phins slide back...Patriots slide back...Jets are the wildcard. If you think LT has anything left and the Cromartie is a great player thats why the Chargers traded him maybe they go 12-4 I don't buy either one hello 10-6. Best Division record takes it