afc east team comparison

The point is that if the Colts didn't lay down (and they were winning and had the ball when Manning left), the Jets don't make the playoffs. The Jets also had teh Bengals lay down. So they are an 8-8 and possibly 7-9 team at best. So if you looked at the AFC East, the Bills were 6-10, the Fins were 7-9, and the Jets were 8-8. Plus, we beat both of those teams and should have beat the Pats. And everyone thinks the Bills are the worst team on the planet, so why can't they improve this year and every other team in the division will?

I won't say the Bills are going to win the division but I think people are severely overrating the AFC East. I think the Fins and Jets are a lot closer to the Bills than either team is to being an elite one. Additionally, the Pats look as mortal as they have been in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if 9-7 wins this division.

Exactly. Although to be fair, in your scenario above, the Bills would have been 5-11, not 6-10 since that Colts win would have been a loss had they played the whole game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that if the Colts didn't lay down (and they were winning and had the ball when Manning left), the Jets don't make the playoffs. The Jets also had teh Bengals lay down. So they are an 8-8 and possibly 7-9 team at best. So if you looked at the AFC East, the Bills were 6-10, the Fins were 7-9, and the Jets were 8-8. Plus, we beat both of those teams and should have beat the Pats. And everyone thinks the Bills are the worst team on the planet, so why can't they improve this year and every other team in the division will?

I won't say the Bills are going to win the division but I think people are severely overrating the AFC East. I think the Fins and Jets are a lot closer to the Bills than either team is to being an elite one. Additionally, the Pats look as mortal as they have been in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if 9-7 wins this division.

+1

Count me on the bandwagon with the Biscuit. As I just posted in another thread:

If the players and coaches had the attitude of these fans, they would never improve. The Pats are aging and have not drafted well for years--they are on the brink of a collapse. The Jets are a bad chemistry set in the hands of an over-enthusiastic screaming adolescent. The Fins are quarterbacked by nobody and just acquired the most poisonous locker room receiver in the game. The Bills will do no worse than 3-3 in the division this year, and finish above .500.

Don't tell me to put down the crack pipe. It's better than sticking my head in the oven with the rest of you.

Exactly. Although to be fair, in your scenario above, the Bills would have been 5-11, not 6-10 since that Colts win would have been a loss had they played the whole game.

Fair enough but I did count the Bengals win for the Jets. I believe the Bills were beating the Colts before Manning left while the Jets were losing but I'm fine with counting that as a loss though.

+1

If the players and coaches had the attitude of these fans, they would never improve. The Pats are aging and have not drafted well for years--they are on the brink of a collapse. The Jets are a bad chemistry set in the hands of an over-enthusiastic screaming adolescent. The Fins are quarterbacked by nobody and just acquired the most poisonous locker room receiver in the game. The Bills will do no worse than 3-3 in the division this year, and finish above .500.

Don't tell me to put down the crack pipe. It's better than sticking my head in the oven with the rest of you.

+2

You're 100% correct. But most of the naysayers on here seems to think the Pats, Phins & Jets will be 11-5 or better and the Bills will be 5-11 or worse. I can see the Bills at 9-7 with a wild card berth this season and at least 3-3 in the division.

Ted Ginn is with the 49ers. The Fish #2 is Devon Bess with Greg Camarillo and Brian Hartlin vying for slot.

Unless Hardy plays like his draft slot or Stevie Johnson steps up, their WRs are WAAAAY better than ours.

lol

We're better than Dolphins and could finally beat the Pats this year. IMO, the Bills will at least go 3-3 in the division (including 1 win over the Pats). I think the Bills could go 4-2 with 2 wins over the phins. I still stand by my prediction of 11-5, but I think the worst the Bills could do is 9-7. Jets got a wild card spot with a 9-7 record last season.

You are an eternal optimist. On your prediction I wish you were right. However, I wouldn't bet on it.

+1

thanks doc, at least some posters have examined the entire division and evaluated each team compared to the Billy.

coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching,

We're better than Dolphins and could finally beat the Pats this year. IMO, the Bills will at least go 3-3 in the division (including 1 win over the Pats). I think the Bills could go 4-2 with 2 wins over the phins. I still stand by my prediction of 11-5, but I think the worst the Bills could do is 9-7. Jets got a wild card spot with a 9-7 record last season.

Man that's deep. I think we go 8-8 and at best 9-7. We will win those so called bad luck games that we just couldn't pull off last year or two. I feel Chan will have them playing much much harder and we win a few exre. that being said =8-8 or 9-7 at best. We will be in every game though and highly doubt we ever get blown out.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14829

This article shows if the Bills had competent coaching over the last 4 years, the Bills could have been in the playoffs at least 3 out of the last 4 years.

I remember reading the article and thinking what a terrible coaching staff the Bills had over the last 4 years. The author forgot to mention the bend-don't-break defense that gave up how many 3rd and long situations. All those reasons alone in that article further cement my stance that the Bills will make the playoffs this year.

I remember reading the article and thinking what a terrible coaching staff the Bills had over the last 4 years. The author forgot to mention the bend-don't-break defense that gave up how many 3rd and long situations. All those reasons alone in that article further cement my stance that the Bills will make the playoffs this year.

Baby steps. Let's not get carried away just yet.

Didn't the Colts lay down for us last year when they had nothing to play for in the last game of the season? They got a meaningless loss while we got a meaningless win.

You clearly don't get it. A walk-over against the Colts by the Bills proves the Bills aren't that far away. A walk-over against the Colts by the Jets to get in the playoffs proves the Jets aren't really any good. :w00t:

You clearly don't get it. A walk-over against the Colts by the Bills proves the Bills aren't that far away. A walk-over against the Colts by the Jets to get in the playoffs proves the Jets aren't really any good. :w00t:

It all makes so much sense!