Hold on college football fans...a whole lotta shakin goin on

Colorado to Pac '10' is the first of many moves

Can you say Super Conferences?

What's the talk in your part of the world? Here they have Texas & A&M moving to the SEC with perhaps TT.

Will Notre Dame join the Big 10?

What's the talk in Syracuse?

<edit> with USC out of things for a couple years the Pac '10' will go hard after Texas. Just depends on who Texas decides must move with them.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing sucks in my opinion. I went to Purdue, I am a Big Ten guy, and this blows big time. The Big 12 was a good conference, and now the Big Ten has started a mess. Texas in the Pac-10 doesn't even make freakin' sense.

Nebraska to the Big 10 (12). Colorado to the Pac-10 (Soon to be Pac-16). More (crap) to come.

I love it, bust the thing up and start over...change is good. Being a CU alumn and a Syracuse native this is great for my school, but not for my Orange. The BE is going to get blown up and I could see Syracuse moving to a different conference, which would suck for Basketball

My Missouri Tigers are getting screwed in this whole deal. Big Ten played them like a pawn. :cry:

I have a feeling Missouri will still go to the Big 10.

The Big 10 wants the St. Louis market which MU will help bring.

I'd be surprised if we don't hear something tomorrow about MU's direction. That was their supposed deadline to decide from the Big 12.

3 schools in the Big 12 will be getting screwed, Iowa St., Kansas, and Kansas St.

I love it, bust the thing up and start over...change is good. Being a CU alumn and a Syracuse native this is great for my school, but not for my Orange. The BE is going to get blown up and I could see Syracuse moving to a different conference, which would suck for Basketball

Won't it just become the BIGGER East?

I have a feeling Missouri will still go to the Big 10.

The Big 10 wants the St. Louis market which MU will help bring.

I'd be surprised if we don't hear something tomorrow about MU's direction. That was their supposed deadline to decide from the Big 12.

3 schools in the Big 12 will be getting screwed, Iowa St., Kansas, and Kansas St.

I don't know.....according to local radio here its not looking good at all, they say the big ten believes it already has the St. Louis market with Illinois, and now Nebraska has given them the KC market. They are sadly mistaken if they think Illinois gives them the Stl market.....Saint Louis is almost purely Mizzou people with a few Illini sprinkled in.

Why the NCAA lets this happen is beyond me. The fact that schools play musical chairs with the conferences is stupid and they should step in and put a halt to all of this non-sense. Coaches contracts mean nothing apparently and neither does the allegiance to your conference. You know college football is suppose to be pure and just for the love of the game yet its as dishonest and greedy as the NFL (If not more so because coaches contracts in the NFL actually mean they have to stay there as long as the team wants them and the NFL actually pays the players).

This is one of the many reasons why I hate college football, it holds its self out to be this great amateur competitive force yet every move they allow their teams to make is about money and sell its integrity at the expense of its players.

Why the NCAA lets this happen is beyond me. The fact that schools play musical chairs with the conferences is stupid and they should step in and put a halt to all of this non-sense. Coaches contracts mean nothing apparently and neither does the allegiance to your conference. You know college football is suppose to be pure and just for the love of the game yet its as dishonest and greedy as the NFL (If not more so because coaches contracts in the NFL actually mean they have to stay there as long as the team wants them and the NFL actually pays the players).

This is one of the many reasons why I hate college football, it holds its self out to be this great amateur competitive force yet every move they allow their teams to make is about money and sell its integrity at the expense of its players.

I agree with this 100% you are going to soon have 16 teams in 1 conference. THe college football season is only 12 games, which means all the teams in that conference will not play each other, so what is the point of having a power conference if all teams dont play each other and you cant find out who is better than who. i reall really hope this comes back to bite the FBS in the arse and every team ends up with 8 or so wins, then they have to put a mid major into one of the bowl games if not the national title game.

I used to love college ball, but with more and more teams moving conferences, the integrity of what is supposed to be the college football MO will diminish more and more.

As a USC Alum, right now all I want to do is kick Pete Carol hard in the B@$$&.

:worthy:

He got out while the gettin was good.

Here is the latest from Gabe Dearmond of Powermizzou.com

1:25 PM UPDATE: This thing has gone full circle. I'm starting to believe what we thought three months ago is right. Missouri would be included in a 16-team Big Ten. I don't think an announcement comes tomorrow. I think we're probably looking at sometime in the next couple of weeks. I think Notre Dame is included. We'll see, but I am back to feeling fairly confident of Missouri to the Big Ten.

12:39 PM UPDATE: LOTS of stuff flying around. I'll start with the biggest story out there. I've heard it from three or four places now. The Big Ten's desire is to go to 16 with the five being Missouri, Nebraska, Texas, A&M and Notre Dame. That's the dream scenario. They love Texas and want Texas. But can they get Texas? Nobody knows. The Longhorns would have to give up a lot (including the dream of their own network) to join the Big Ten. Will Texas do that? Nobody knows. My guy in Austin believes Texas is going to the PAC-10. The other thing is that to go to the PAC-10, they have to give up just as much (and maybe more) than to go to the Big Ten. IF this story is true, it lies in the hands of Texas.

I go back and forth literally every half an hour trying to figure out whether I feel better or worse about things. Just no clue. But I continue to hear that tomorrow could be a huge day (either good or bad).

A quote I just was told: "Don't believe ANYTHING until you hear it come out of Jim Delany's mouth."

No offense, Stl, but do you think the Big 10 would take Missouri and A&M over Oklahoma? Not sure that really makes sense.

Maybe, all this crap is really about is the TV markets for the Big Ten Network. St Louis is probably a bigger market than the entire state of Oklahoma, and when you factor in that Mizzou is located half way between KC and St. Louis they would get quite a few viewers out of the KC area as well. I know what your saying though, I would have thought OU had about the same fan base as Nebraska but I don't really know to be honest.....some guy from SI was on the radio saying that Neb. was the only national draw the Big XII had as far as TV viewership.

Change BAD!

Let me guess, you're a Kansas fan? The Big 12 was a joke, especially academically (outside of Texas).

Change BAD!

Let me guess, you're a Kansas fan? The Big 12 was a joke, especially academically (outside of Texas).

What? As a Mizzou allumn I take offense to that....Missouri is a great school academically.

He got out while the gettin was good.

Here is the latest from Gabe Dearmond of Powermizzou.com

The other thing is that to go to the PAC-10, they (Texas) have to give up just as much (and maybe more) than to go to the Big Ten. IF this story is true, it lies in the hands of Texas.

Where does he come to that conclusion? Everything I have read says the opposite. Texas would have a huge say in how revenue gets dished out.

Why can't UB make a move up? Top 50 TV market...largest state U in New York...AAU member school...many alums in the NYC area. Lacking in facilities and athletic tradition but certainly not any worse than a USF or ECU or Memphis.

PTR

NCAA?! Are you kidding me? Talk about corrupt, greedy, and incompetent.

Besides, the NCAA has no authoritative control over the schools.

As far as I am concerned, the big schools need to stand up and tell the NCAA to go !@#$ itself.