Hold on college football fans...a whole lotta shakin goin on

Big-12 will just dissolve and no longer be...Pac-10 looking to add Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Texas Tech...and they already added Colorado as well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...aska/index.html

However...Texas and Texas A&M are looking into the SEC...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...gies-eyeing-sec

Big-10 to become Big-12 with addition of Notre Dame?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...p-seismic-shift

*(Just a few things for updated info...those links lead to many other links for much more info.)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<

Seriously, you do not have a clue if you believe that article discusses all the facts pertaining to what happened from 1993 onward.

It does not even come close.

Do you know what Langham did to become ineligible?

Do you know what steps the University took in attempt to verify Langham's eligibility?

Bama's probationary period was scheduled to run out on 1997. Means graduated from HS in 1999.

How did Bama get listed as repeat offenders, and get put into position of '"looking down a gun barrel" at the death penalty' if the probation period ended? (Hint: It didn't. The probation was extended in 1997.)

Did you know the Tennessee HC Phil Fulmer was the NCAA secret witness that testified against Bama?

How come the University of Kentucky got slapped with a one year bowl ban and 3 years of probation, yet Tennessee, UGA, Memphis, and Arkansas got nothing? (It was revealed that at least 3 coaching staffs were directly involved in trying acquire Means)

How does a HC know who is and who is not involved from other schools?

Of course it doesn't have ALL of the facts. I didn't suggest that it did have ALL of them. How could it? It takes 45 seconds to read.

But yeah, you're right. I don't have a clue. I'm not privy to such information. At all. (But seriously, thanks for the conversation. I've had some great laughs. Can't/won't talk about it further.)

These 60 teams will leave the NCAA.

They can easily leave and form their own organization, call it the College Football Alliance, with it's own governing body. Trust me, these teams see that they are the money makers, and sharing revenue among fewer schools while instituting a playoff system would increase that even more. They know the frenzy caused by the basketball tournament, and want to tap into that.

The NCAA is a walking/talking contradiction who are more concerned about inforcing archaic rules than enriching college athletics. But a 60 team CFA is almost just as bad.

There will never be a team outside of those conferences to win a NC and the BYU's, Utah's, TCU's and Boise's of the world get screwed because they can't capture a big TV audience. Also, say bye bye to great out of conference games because there will be to much to lose. And while I like the competition that this create amongst those 60 teams, the life will be sucked out of those schools who are on the outside looking in. Without the NCAA rules these new conferences will surely increase scholarships limits and all of those "fringe" prospects who wind up at Boise St will now be the 5th guy on Florida's bench.

I don't have a solution and I certainly love the idea of the NCAA becoming irrelevant but I'm not so sure that this is the way to go.

Interesting speculation round these here parts...lots of political infighting here in Texas...anyhoo

Speculation is that Texas was getting lots of pressure to require Baylor's move to the Pac 10 along with the other Texas schools. Rather than have their future tied to the Bears folks at Texas got on the horn with Colorado and the Pac 10. they explained the difficult position they were in and asked for some help.

Presto chango...Colorado is invited which leaves 5 more openings for Texas, A&M, TT, OU and OSU.

Monkey wrench could be A&M and possibly TT exploring the SEC but I don't see them leaving Texas' side.