Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

I called yesterday and told the first person I spoke to that I knew people who were getting it for $179, she put me on hold for a minute and when she came back she told me I could have that is well. Took about five minutes and saved me $120. Not bad. Thanks to all who posted about getting the discount.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell are you talking about?????????

I didn't say I wasn't going to watch the bills ever again. But I think I should have my priorities straight right now and keep the money for food and diapers etc.

I mean a mature person would do so. My kid already has the onesie, the hat, socks, windbreaker, tshirt etc of the bills waiting on his arrival......he's destined to be a fan regardless but he has yet to enter the world so he would not even comprehend the color blue during this season. LOL You people are funny.

Actually, I didn't even realized I posted that here, because I was on another board talking about this very same thing. I might have just got confused with it.

Seriously, you all rant and rave over anything LOL.........

when the season is over.....and the bills are watching the playoffs from home once more........like we do every year (it kills me to say but I'm a realist) My kid will not even be 6mths old yet! LOL

Have you considered adoption? I'm just sayin'........

It's almost football season so I think it's time you get your priorities in order, pal. And anyway, think of the child - if he stays with you, he'll forever be branded as one of "Jerry's Kids". There are plenty of loving couples out there who don't know a football from a monkey's cricket set. Quit being so damned selfish and give the child a proper home away from all this Bills heartbreak!

(I hope you know be now not take any of these posts seriously!)

Congrats and good luck on the little screamer. Better you than me.

And please, keep him away from me while I'm at restaurants attempting to dine and converse with other grown-ups. Those adoring parents who carry their kids around like they're an extra set of Samsonites get on my last nerve. Get a sitter or stay home for little Christ's sake.

Just re-signed for $179 for the year. Told them I have had the Ticket since 1995 (which is true) and that I was sick of the rising prices. I told them I wanted to cancel and the rep offered to take $50 off of price, I stuck to my guns, he offered to lower the total bill to $179, and I folded like a house of cards. As a long time Directv customer, I recommend threats as a way to get what you want...literally. A really good time to to get the good deals is when your current programming contract is about to expire...like Christmas, man.

Just re-signed for $179 for the year. Told them I have had the Ticket since 1995 (which is true) and that I was sick of the rising prices. I told them I wanted to cancel and the rep offered to take $50 off of price, I stuck to my guns, he offered to lower the total bill to $179, and I folded like a house of cards. As a long time Directv customer, I recommend threats as a way to get what you want...literally. A really good time to to get the good deals is when your current programming contract is about to expire...like Christmas, man.

That's surprising , the girl and I have only had DTV for about 18 months and the first lady I talked to gave me the 179 deal. I just told her I knew several people (the previous posters) who had gotten it and she gave it to me with go argument. Wonder why they jerk around a loyal customer like yourself.

Have you not read the thread...? Be nice, don't lie, and you'll get what you want. Just talk to customer retention, and they'll take care of you without the need to threaten to cancel.

Yeah, we already got that over on page 14. First timer?

Just so I got this straight, you'll be a single father with a newborn that's awake 24 hours a day, leaving zero time for anything other than your constant childcare - is that right?

God bless you, but do you really expect any of us to believe your life should be on hold for the next 18 years while you attend to the little varmit every second of his/her life? You can't find 3 hours for 16 weeks to watch the Bills? It's your responsibilty to be indoctorinating the child in Bills fever. It's not as if you'll glued to the tube while the offical takes 20 minutes to check the replay, and you've left junior on the poolside deck to fend for himself.

How you gonna cultivate the next generation of Bills fans if you yourself don't know what's going on? Are you gonna try that half-baked "teach your baby to read" crap, using Two Bills Drive as a tutorial?

No time for football, my god. The feminization of the American male.

Jesus, Christ. My father ignored me for most of my childhood and look how great I turned out! Do your duty and sit his ass down in front of the screen. Just pay attention and don't mistake the baby vomit for guacamole dip!

Priceless. ;)

That's surprising , the girl and I have only had DTV for about 18 months and the first lady I talked to gave me the 179 deal. I just told her I knew several people (the previous posters) who had gotten it and she gave it to me with go argument. Wonder why they jerk around a loyal customer like yourself.

I had one chick hang UP on my ass. Believe me, the amount of B.S. you get when you call depends entirely on how much of a see-you-next-tuesday your CSR is.

For all the bitching and moaning and whining and crying you've done about DirecTV, you're still shelling out the $179. Way to take a stand. Thanks for wasting all our time with all that hot air.

WTF else is someone supposed to do? You can't go anywhere else. You have no choice. So again, the price is $299 or $300 plus, but if you call and wraggle with them, you can get it cheaper.

Yeah, what a great company. So ethical.............. as the schlepp down the street from me pays over $300. And again, so you can understand, my gripe with DTV is that they have handled this whole thing unetchical and with hidden increases when schmucks fall for the Superfan is free garbage. LOL. It actually works, that's why companies like DTV do it. Works like a charm on 75% of the people out there who actually believe the price is cheaper this year. The stupidity is mind boggling. :lol:

Roll the Sunday Ticket over to FIOS, and DTV would be much lighter in the bottom line.

Have you not read the thread...? Be nice, don't lie, and you'll get what you want. Just talk to customer retention, and they'll take care of you without the need to threaten to cancel.

What he said.

20 bucks off a month...

$29.99 for 6 months $179.94. Just hung up the phone.

Thanks fellas....

Ditto. Thanks to everyone for the thread and all the posts. Saved a lot of money including the "To go" package which they would have charged me at $20/month for 6 months had I not called. I never would have used that.

WTF else is someone supposed to do? You can't go anywhere else. You have no choice. So again, the price is $299 or $300 plus, but if you call and wraggle with them, you can get it cheaper.

Yeah, what a great company. So ethical.............. as the schlepp down the street from me pays over $300. And again, so you can understand, my gripe with DTV is that they have handled this whole thing unetchical and with hidden increases when schmucks fall for the Superfan is free garbage. LOL. It actually works, that's why companies like DTV do it. Works like a charm on 75% of the people out there who actually believe the price is cheaper this year. The stupidity is mind boggling. :lol:

Roll the Sunday Ticket over to FIOS, and DTV would be much lighter in the bottom line.

I understand your frustration and the validity of your complaint.

On some level, the world is a jungle and some people are more equipped to deal with the hazards, predators, and traps which life sets for all of us.

Certainly there are people who are less (take your pick) street smart, savvy, educated, miserly, etc who are victimized by DTV's questionable business practices.

If you concede this point (as I do) the question becomes, does the government have a role to play in this? Should we expect and/or do we want a government that will watchdog these companies and protect us from them? And if we do, are we prepared to deal with the negative ramifications of such an authoritative government?

In a perfect world, they protect the "less fortunate" from being ripped off. But a government with far-reaching powers can at times overstep their bounds and also harm markets.

Anyways, sorry to get so heavy. Very glad to have my DTV NFL Sunday Ticket for a bargain price.

For what is offered over 17 weeks, it is a great value to me. To see my Buffalo Bills AND lots of other great NFL action in hi-def is more than I could ever have imagined years ago when we were constantly restricted by the NFL's deals with the networks.

For those that canceled DTV altogether, did they try to stop you, or offer you a deal on Sunday Ticket?

I called to cancel the sunday ticket and they gave me 120.00 discount and the superfan for free... and the NFL sunday ticket-to-go for free too... I just told them it went up too much and I'd have to cancel it.. She said for their "loyal customers" she could offer the discount...

Ditto. Thanks to everyone for the thread and all the posts. Saved a lot of money including the "To go" package which they would have charged me at $20/month for 6 months had I not called. I never would have used that.

I understand your frustration and the validity of your complaint.

On some level, the world is a jungle and some people are more equipped to deal with the hazards, predators, and traps which life sets for all of us.

Certainly there are people who are less (take your pick) street smart, savvy, educated, miserly, etc who are victimized by DTV's questionable business practices.

If you concede this point (as I do) the question becomes, does the government have a role to play in this? Should we expect and/or do we want a government that will watchdog these companies and protect us from them? And if we do, are we prepared to deal with the negative ramifications of such an authoritative government?

In a perfect world, they protect the "less fortunate" from being ripped off. But a government with far-reaching powers can at times overstep their bounds and also harm markets.

Anyways, sorry to get so heavy. Very glad to have my DTV NFL Sunday Ticket for a bargain price.

For what is offered over 17 weeks, it is a great value to me. To see my Buffalo Bills AND lots of other great NFL action in hi-def is more than I could ever have imagined years ago when we were constantly restricted by the NFL's deals with the networks.

I feel the same way, and have pondered everything that you have brought up here.

Great post! :rolleyes:

I had the same call as most previous posters, I got transferred to customer rretention and just explained that I am a Bills fan, I catch 12 games a year, and the box never recieves a signal the rest of the year. The woman explained all the advantages of the super fan package and red zone stuff, and Ijust said "Im a Bills fan, I dont play fantasy football, I don't gamble, I just watch 3 hours on Sundays for 1 team, I also pay 29 a month for the wasted time between January and September, isnt there something to do so I don't have to cancel?" She started with a 10 dollar discount over the 6 months, then when I said we are probably done, she offered another 10, so it came out to 179.

Aw shucks. You don't have to compliment me. Just send me a quarter of a grass fed bovine. :D

LOL. Hmmm. Would be kinda cool for you to sample some Shenandoah Valley pure Virginia beef. I'm a little low right now, but I think there may be some fresh stuff coming our way relatively soon. I might just do that one day.

B-)

I called and cancelled on Tuesday. They never offered me a better deal. I talked to 3 different people, and all they said was "Are you sure you want to cancel" and I thought they would offer me a deal. They didn't and I've had the Sunday Ticket for 12 years.

I wonder if you and I got the same person on the phone. I have had DTV and Sunday Ticket without interruption since 1996. I always paid what they charged and never threatened to cancel before last year. Last year I did call in to cancel, they offered free Super Fan (whoo hoo!) and a $60 credit. I took it and was happy. Then I read all these other posts of people getting twice that. So I called in yesterday to cancel and the gal says she is authorized to give me a $60 credit to keep it. Knowing last year (and this) that other people have gotten better offers I said something to the effect of that is not enough for me to keep it. Honestly, that was good enough for me but I didn't want to leave anything on the table. So, she apologized for the delay in their systems while she processed a cancel of Sunday Ticket, which I interpreted as them probably stalling to see if I would change my mind before offering me more. Next thing she says is, "o.k, it is now canceled. Is there anything else we can do for you today?"

So, I now find myself without it though I really did not intend for that to happen. I have had some feelings as others have about spending that kind of dough only to get depressed each Sunday, but Sundays will not be the same without it.

I have mixed emotions as I feel kind of torn between calling to reinstate it, and canceling DTV altogether for them so easily allowing such a long time customer to cancel, even if I "only" spend about $80/month with them, outside of Sunday Ticket.

I have mixed emotions as I feel kind of torn between calling to reinstate it, and canceling DTV altogether for them so easily allowing such a long time customer to cancel, even if I "only" spend about $80/month with them, outside of Sunday Ticket.

Two points:

1) Many people in this thread have complained that DirecTV (and other companies) jerk them around and don't just cancel when they say cancel. The other half of the people complain that the company cancels them when they say they want to cancel. Which side is right?

2) Did you actually READ THE THREAD?! I very clearly stated to talk to retention and tell them what you want and to NOT threaten to cancel. No need to threaten - just say, "I'll buy ST if you give me X, Y, and/or Z." Looks like you read enough to know what you wanted, but you never told the company what you wanted. They're not mind readers.

Yeah, what a great company. So ethical.............. as the schlepp down the street from me pays over $300. And again, so you can understand, my gripe with DTV is that they have handled this whole thing unetchical and with hidden increases when schmucks fall for the Superfan is free garbage. LOL. It actually works, that's why companies like DTV do it. Works like a charm on 75% of the people out there who actually believe the price is cheaper this year. The stupidity is mind boggling. :flirt:

I hope you never fly on an airplane, stay at a hotel, or buy a car... Because guess what, chances are at some point you have paid more than the guy sitting next to you on the plane or in the room across the hall from you at the hotel or driving the same car as you on the road.

There's nothing unethical about it. If you don't like the price, you can ask for a cheaper price. They can say yes or they can say no. If you don't want to ask for a cheaper price you won't GET a cheaper price.

Many companies will reduce their price for you if you just ask. I fail to see how ethics play into this. Leaving your disdain for DirecTV/Sunday Ticket out of the equation, is a company always supposed to offer their lowest price up front?

Two points:

1) Many people in this thread have complained that DirecTV (and other companies) jerk them around and don't just cancel when they say cancel. The other half of the people complain that the company cancels them when they say they want to cancel. Which side is right?

2) Did you actually READ THE THREAD?! I very clearly stated to talk to retention and tell them what you want and to NOT threaten to cancel. No need to threaten - just say, "I'll buy ST if you give me X, Y, and/or Z." Looks like you read enough to know what you wanted, but you never told the company what you wanted. They're not mind readers.

I didn't have to threaten to cancel, but I was honest with them that the price was too high. I just said "Hey, look, I've been a good customer for a while now, can you help me out?" and they did.

I don't get the whole bluster routine.

I just called to add Sunday Ticket (not renewal) although I've had Directtv for more than 10 years. Initially, the lady asked for the full price which is $314.93 even I mentioned I've heard people got it for $179. Then, I went on about being a loyal customer and the reason I had Sunday Ticket on and off (because of wife). She then offered $314.93 and $10 off for 12 months which is $194.93 if I kept Directtv. Then, again, I pled for my case about getting a good deal so wife won't complain. She gave me $299.94 and $10 off for 12 months. That's $179.93! I'm happy! :censored:

P.S. Got 3 months free Starz channels too!

I just called to cancel. Sounded like he was going to push through and do it, which is fine because I would just find a way to stream the game online or catch it at a pub in town. The he said that because I had it last year, he could offer me $20.00 off a month saving me $120. Sounded like a no-brainer so I took it. I hope for great things, but don't expect them this season, so I can live with paying that to at least watch from the comfort of my own home. He also asked who I was a fan off. I thinking telling him the Bills scored me some sympathy points as well as no one expects us to win more than four games this season.

Oh yeah, if you don't plan on watching the game on a PC or your phone, be sure and have them remove the NFL to go otion which is new. They tried to slip that one in at an extra $10 a month. They were definitely good to deal with. Just don't threaten to cancel the package if you are not serious just in case they call your bluff. Then you just end up looking stupid.

I called fully intending to cancel simply because I attend Seahawks home games and most Bills games (the reason I have DTV) are simply not worth watching. I figured if the Bills ever had a good game it would be on the NFL Replay or I could find it on the web. However the rep offered me the whole shebang for $179 so I took it.

Add me to the re-up Sunday Ticket crowd. It sounds like everyone calling to negotiate/complain is getting roughly the same deal, $120 off, split a number of ways: $20/6 months, $10/12 months, etc. That makes me think DTV is ready for it, has crafted the call center scripts, and given customer service reps the freedom to make the deal.

Not that I'm complaining. $120 is $120. It helped me justify getting Sunday Ticket again to my wife even though we have a newborn baby at home and are scaling back on luxuries BIG time. :censored:

Two points:

Valid points, for sure. I was not complaining that they canceled me, just a little surprised they pulled the trigger as quickly and easily as they did, and thought I'd share my experience to help others avert my fate should they not be serious about canceling.

As for reading the thread, I glanced at it early on, then put all my available time back to studying for a technical certification test. Passed it, went on vacation, and found the time to call DTV. Didn't read the entire thread until just last night.

If I do call them back I will be sure to ask for the Retention Group. Thanks.

I just called DirecTV about the Sunday Ticket. I originally got billed for $49.99 for 6 months, then received an email that they are going to charge me $44.99/6 months. I talked to a normal CSR, didn't even go through customer retention, and asked for the deal for $179. They gave it to me no questions asked and threw in HBO and Cinemax for $18/month for 6 months and then tossed a $20/ month credit for those 6 months, basically giving me $2 a month to get those 2 packages.

A pretty decent deal all around and all I had to do was ask for the $179 ticket price.

My buddy just got an even better deal, $30 off per month for a total of 119.95. But he also has the Premier, or whatever they call their top-of-the-line package, and has so for the last three years. The more you spend monthly on your base package, the better your deal will be. The fact that most of us got the $20 off deal probably means that we all have something equivalent to the Choice or Choice Extra package.

How can Simon the Closer not close this thread! Geez - threaten to cancel at retention. You may get money you may get cancelled. There summarized. It only took 18 pages!!

i have said a bunch of pages back.

$179 is pretty much the best deal around. old and new customers are getting the deal. you just MAY have to get cancel/retention dept involved and you MAY or MAY NOT need to mention the deal specifically (of $179)

i hope i dont have to bust a copy and paste on page 20 of this thread of this last here post.

I got custumer service to give me 10$ a month for 12 months off, then I spoke to the retention department and the gave me another 7$ a month off the Sunday Ticket package, I got the whole package last year down to 150$ for the year, they seem to be a little stingier this year..

i have said a bunch of pages back.

$179 is pretty much the best deal around. old and new customers are getting the deal. you just MAY have to get cancel/retention dept involved and you MAY or MAY NOT need to mention the deal specifically (of $179)

i hope i dont have to bust a copy and paste on page 20 of this thread of this last here post.

Is anyone else around here a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber only with DTV? I get no other programming from them currently and use Dish Network for my main programming. To date (the past couple of years), the only discounts I've gotten were for the HD and Superfan packages. Now that they are included (basically), I'm likely stuck having to pay full tariff.

What irks me to no end is what DTV has agreed to pay the NFL for the programming. Each contract renewal, brings huge increases in prices to the customer and a bonanza for the NFL.

Anyone else like me been able to get a bettwr price that the 299.99 or whatever it is before taxes?

I hope you never fly on an airplane, stay at a hotel, or buy a car... Because guess what, chances are at some point you have paid more than the guy sitting next to you on the plane or in the room across the hall from you at the hotel or driving the same car as you on the road.

There's nothing unethical about it. If you don't like the price, you can ask for a cheaper price. They can say yes or they can say no. If you don't want to ask for a cheaper price you won't GET a cheaper price.

Many companies will reduce their price for you if you just ask. I fail to see how ethics play into this. Leaving your disdain for DirecTV/Sunday Ticket out of the equation, is a company always supposed to offer their lowest price up front?

Hilarious :) Even funnier is the whiner keeps throwing his hard earned money at the provider :thumbsup:

The only problem with this is that there are many airlines. Many hotels. And many car companies. PERIOD. If I don't like one, I can go to another one.

DTV, again, has a monopoly on Sunday Ticket. End of story. No other options. If I think Marriott is unethical, I don't have to go there. If I don't like Chevy's practices, I don't have to buy one. If I don't think Southwest is honest with me, I don't need them.

Unlike Hurly Burly, the moron that can't comprehend that concept, DTV has you by the nutsack.

And no, many companies won't reduce their price if you just ask. Best Buy won't reduce their price if you just ask. Ruth's Chris won't just reduce their price because you ask. Target won't sell you a rug cheaper because you just ask.

Maybe DTV will do it. Well, good for them. They are now lumped in with the likes of car salesman, furniture stores, and pawn shops. That's a great rep to have. And believe me, many people feel this way about all cable and satellite companies. DTV is just now stepping to the front of the line with this crap.

The minute DTV has competition, I'll be gone. It may never happen, but if it does, I'll be gone in a second. The only cable/sat company people seem to like is FIOS. I have them for internet and it's fantastic. I just can't wait for the day that Sunday Ticket is spread among all outlets.

I just wanted to comment on my experience with DTV. A few months ago I called them up to cancel my service. I've had DTV for 12 years. I've had the NFL ticket for the entire time. I had already started subcribing to a new package (u-verse I'll get to that in a minute). When I called to cancel the girl on the phone offered me everything she could think of to get me to not to cancel. Usually I'm very passive when talking to these people, but this time I got real upset. I asked her where has DTV been the last 12 years? Why haven't you offered me these deals before and I might not be cancelling now. She kept dealing and finally I told her to shut the @#$% up and cancel me already.

Now u-verse. I had it for a month then canceled it. Absolutly hated it. When I signed up for it they quoted me a price that was going to be cheaper than DTV. My first bill (and my last bill) was $100 more than what they quoted saying that they had service charges. Service charges? 2 guys were suppose to show up to do the installation. One guy called 2 hours late and said he was sitting at Zaxby's eating lunch. So I had to crawled under my house to run all the cables while the other guy hooked them up.

The picture quality was OK, but the signal kept freezing up. I called the service guy who installed the system but he would never responded to the messages I left on his voice mail.

Bottom line: Crapy service, less than stellar signal, and too pricy for what you get. If you don't have it, don't get it. If you do have it, my prayers are with you.

P.S. Thanks for letting me vent!

fwiw, I've never had any probs with u-verse, and love it