why is CJ any better than reggie bush?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are right, but my point was that building a team as such leads to failure. If you think that despite the Bills failures, small skill palyers are the way to build a franchise, perhaps we should agree to disagree.

I would agree that the way to build a franchise is to start with the big men up front, but if you don't have a guy whose value matches the pick, sometimes you have to take the dynamic playmaker and hope you can build the trenches when the value is there.

I would agree that the way to build a franchise is to start with the big men up front, but if you don't have a guy whose value matches the pick, sometimes you have to take the dynamic playmaker and hope you can build the trenches when the value is there.

and somehow this idea is difficult for many to fathom

Reggie Bush peaked in college. His problem isn't his size, or skill set, it's his head. He is a selfish, spoiled D-bag. Watch the interviews with Spiller. He comes across well, and has a humble vibe. I think he will be better than Bush.

Just wait untill Lynch takes him out to teach him the ways of the NFL off the field... :/

For all the negativity on this board I am surprised that more people are not concerned like me that spiller will be just another reggie bush. Bush demonstrated that smallish fast rbs who need open spaces may not seem so fast or elusive at all at the next level. Bush was considered a once in a generation player coming out of college. Instant offense. A cant miss prospect So much so that the texans were ridiculed at levels not seen before or since for picking a franchise defensive end ahead of bush. What could bush get in a trade today. A fourth? Before last year anyone would have taken lynch over bush straight up. Can someone explain why spiller will be better than bush so I feel better about this pick and the season.

No offense to cj but at this point u can't say that he is better than anyone. He hasn't played an NFL down for Christ sake.

Reggie Bush peaked in college. His problem isn't his size, or skill set, it's his head. He is a selfish, spoiled D-bag. Watch the interviews with Spiller. He comes across well, and has a humble vibe. I think he will be better than Bush.

thats one of the least educated comments ive ever seen about bush -- hes been nothing but humble and accepted gracefully not being "the star" of the team. he can go weeks without serious touches and has never complained. active and hugely positive role model in a very needy community.

For all the negativity on this board I am surprised that more people are not concerned like me that spiller will be just another reggie bush. Bush demonstrated that smallish fast rbs who need open spaces may not seem so fast or elusive at all at the next level. Bush was considered a once in a generation player coming out of college. Instant offense. A cant miss prospect So much so that the texans were ridiculed at levels not seen before or since for picking a franchise defensive end ahead of bush. What could bush get in a trade today. A fourth? Before last year anyone would have taken lynch over bush straight up. Can someone explain why spiller will be better than bush so I feel better about this pick and the season.

I don't worry about how CJ Spiller is actually going to play because regardless of how he plays he won't be the deciding factor people expect he will be.

Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson were incredible last year. It would be difficult for Spiller to achieve those kind of numbers.

They watched the playoffs at home.

Jackson's team drafted first overall.

It's a QB driven league, and contrary to popular opinion here, good RB play does not equate to good QB play. Spiller is the third RB the Bills have drafted in round 1 since 2003 yet they haven't figured this out. They keep repeating their mistakes and expecting different results.

I don't worry about how CJ Spiller is actually going to play because regardless of how he plays he won't be the deciding factor people expect he will be.

Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson were incredible last year. It would be difficult for Spiller to achieve those kind of numbers.

It's a QB driven league, and contrary to popular opinion here, good RB play does not equate to good QB play. Spiller is the third RB the Bills have drafted in round 1 since 2003 yet they haven't figured this out. They keep repeating their mistakes and expecting different results.

So we should have drafted what QB at #9?

Of the many wild claims from Nix this off-season, perhaps the strangest was claiming Spiller will make the OL better. For all the talk about Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, and others, all of them had good to excellent offensive line's in front of them. I would argue STL's OL in 2009 was better run blocking than Buffalo's will be in 2010.

Besides, with the team having few offensive weapons to draw attention from Spiller, defenses can stack the LOS on Buffalo. Reading TBD, it's as if teams will be surprised that the guy is as fast as he is. Sure.

Of the many wild claims from Nix this off-season, perhaps the strangest was claiming Spiller will make the OL better. For all the talk about Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, and others, all of them had good to excellent offensive line's in front of them. I would argue STL's OL in 2009 was better run blocking than Buffalo's will be in 2010.

Besides, with the team having few offensive weapons to draw attention from Spiller, defenses can stack the LOS on Buffalo. Reading TBD, it's as if teams will be surprised that the guy is as fast as he is. Sure.

It's a simple concept. Spiller is fast enough that the offensive line doesn't have to sustain holes as long. Anyone who studies the game (Nix) would know this. Holes in the NFL close in tenths of a second, and hitting it fast and hard really helps out your line.

It's a simple concept. Spiller is fast enough that the offensive line doesn't have to sustain holes as long. Anyone who studies the game (Nix) would know this. Holes in the NFL close in tenths of a second, and hitting it fast and hard really helps out your line.

It's also a simple concept for defenses to stack the LOS with 8 and 9 guys. If you have offensive lineman beaten at the POA, Spiller's speed is quickly negated. Defenses aren't going with the DJ philosophy and wait to be attacked; they'll look to stop a predominantly running based offensive at or before the LOS.

You know, you really say some stupid *@$# sometimes... :angry:

Wasn't it Gailey who stated Spiller makes the line better? Either way both are in for a rude shock when the "water-bug gets swatted at the line and can't make plays.

I firmly believe that you build a team from the line up, if the line is no good then the offense is no good and will struggle in every area.

About the only Bills coaches / GM that understood this were the ones who built the electric Co line for OJ and Bill Polian by getting C Kent Hull from the USFL and LT Will Wolford a first round pick in 1986, he already had a #1 pick in G Jim Ritcher

Gee, a novel concept...drafting a LT with a #1 pick , only Bill Polian would be that foolish. Has the Bills O line even been remotely close to that good since the 90's Bills?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Spiller pick... its just that Nix should have pulled a Polian** and drafted Spiller and then traded back up in the first and gotten Bulaga.

** Polian drafted Ronnie Harmon and Wilford in the first round in 86

Better yet, Reggie Bush has a TD every 25 touches, Chris Johnson has a TD every 27 touches.

Reggie Bush is an impact player. He is not an every down player, but he impacts every game. He has had injuries that really kept him from ever being more than a situational type player, but he still makes an impact.

Time will tell if Spiller becomes that "impact player" for the Bills. Impact players or like I like to say "situational players" are very crucial and critical to helping a team win. Darren Sproles and Reggie Bush are first to come to mind. The problem I have is these types of players need to be on solid winning teams to be effective. These players don't produce as well on medicore teams for obvious reasons. The Bills are medicore at best. With little other offensvie weapons, I feel Spiller will not be very effective with the Bills. I know the agrument can be made that he is a piece of the puzzle for the future. I hope that is correct.

It's also a simple concept for defenses to stack the LOS with 8 and 9 guys. If you have offensive lineman beaten at the POA, Spiller's speed is quickly negated. Defenses aren't going with the DJ philosophy and wait to be attacked; they'll look to stop a predominantly running based offensive at or before the LOS.

Then you have this terrific concept of splitting CJ out wide. OOOOOOHHH magical, right?

QUOTE (ThrowIt @ May 26 2010, 07:12 PM) *

thats one of the least educated comments ive ever seen about bush -- hes been nothing but humble and accepted gracefully not being "the star" of the team. he can go weeks without serious touches and has never complained. active and hugely positive role model in a very needy community.

I agree. Reggie Bush has been a good NFL player who also by the way has been getting killed by injuries. I have also heard absolutely word ZERO that he is anything but a quality player. Some uniformed ignorant people think all football players are trouble making d-bags.

Our RB choices haven't been the problem. Our RBs have been a STRENGTH. Willis McGahee who was actually something of a D-bag is doing just great in Baltimore racking up TDs. He is the same running back perhaps even slower but he is much more productive. Perhaps it is the TEAM around him. The problem isn't us having drafted 3 RBs in the first round in the last 11 years. The problem has been who we HAVEN'T drafted with our other picks. Our problem is also our inability to pay and keep our quality free agents AND attract even more!

If defenses stack the line with 8 or 9 imagine the opportunities we will have in the passing game!!!!!!! WITH Spiller in the backfield he can swing out and we instantly now have an advantage with too many WR/TE and RBs to cover. We don't know for certain but Gailey comes billed as a guy that can make those types of creative strategies and plays work.