If the Bills had drafted Brian Brohm....

The general consensus of the expert fan population is that the Bills need to draft a first round franchise Quarterback and put our struggles to rest.

Had the Bills drafted Brian Brohm in the second round of 2008, most would have cheered and thought 'he is our guy' especially after the admirable college career he had at Louisville.

The Bills DIDN'T draft him, but fast forward two years.....Brohm is now a Buffalo Bill.

He has already had two years of training camp, OTA's, watching film, exposure to game planning and has experienced 'limited' life in the NFL. He's on our roster and it didn't cost up a high end draft pick.

Brohm knows that he would have never gotten any playing time behind Rodgers in GB and Buffalo was able to snatch him quick enough knowing of the sound mechanics/decision-making and high draft grade he displayed just a few years prior.

(Remember, Jason Peters was once 'hidden' on the practice squad too!)

So, In closing. If Brohm doesnt become our next starting QB, there is nothing lost! This aquisition should be supported by all. ----Had we drafted Brohm in 2008 and he didn't work out, then we would be calling for his trade OR would be 'hoping' that in another year or two he would pan out, thus hindering the team from making a move on another Big Name franchise QB for yet another year or two.

Lets hope Green Bay eventually regrets this move. Go Bills!

Peters was an undrafted FA, so not much of a stretch to be 'hidden'.

Actually, your Brohm story reinforeces just how hard it is to draft any starting QB, as he was a highly-touted guy whose career's is now hanging by a thread after only a few years...

The general consensus of the expert fan population is that the Bills need to draft a first round franchise Quarterback and put our struggles to rest.

Had the Bills drafted Brian Brohm in the second round of 2008, most would have cheered and thought 'he is our guy' especially after the admirable college career he had at Louisville.

The Bills DIDN'T draft him, but fast forward two years.....Brohm is now a Buffalo Bill.

He has already had two years of training camp, OTA's, watching film, exposure to game planning and has experienced 'limited' life in the NFL. He's on our roster and it didn't cost up a high end draft pick.

Brohm knows that he would have never gotten any playing time behind Rodgers in GB and Buffalo was able to snatch him quick enough knowing of the sound mechanics/decision-making and high draft grade he displayed just a few years prior.

So, In closing. If Brohm doesnt become our next starting QB, there is nothing lost! This aquisition should be supported by all. ----Had we drafted Brohm in 2008 and he didn't work out, then we would be calling for his trade OR would be 'hoping' that in another year or two he would pan out, thus hindering the team from making a move on another Big Name franchise QB for yet another year or two.

Are you aware that Brohm was beaten out by Matt Flynn, a 6th or 7th rd pick? Brohm was an excellent college qb and was taken with a second round pick by the Packers. He failed miserably there. He was on the practice squad when we took him. If he would have demonstrated any potential don't you think the Packers who have an immensely better front office than we do would have kept him? Expecting Brohm to seize the opportunity and become our starting qb is wishful thinking. This anything but Edwards mentality is nothing but foolishness.

Are you aware that Brohm was beaten out by Matt Flynn, a 6th or 7th rd pick? Brohm was an excellent college qb and was taken with a second round pick by the Packers. He failed miserably there. He was on the practice squad when we took him. If he would have demonstrated any potential don't you think the Packers who have an immensely better front office than we do would have kept him? Expecting Brohm to seize the opportunity and become our starting qb is wishful thinking. This anything but Edwards mentality is nothing but foolishness.

So it's foolish to expect that maybe he's improved since Flynn whupped him for the job? So if a guy doesn't blow up big time the first chance he gets, he's never going to be any good?

BTW, saying Brohm "failed miserably" might be just a skootch over doing it. And for the record, the Packers "immensely better front office" did try to keep him but he turned them down believing he had a better chance to become the starter with the Bills.

Here's my suggestion to one and all: let's wait to see what happens when these guys actually get out on the field under Gailey then see how each works out.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that a high round arrogant and immature QB "finds himself" in another city???

I'm not saying Brohm is the next anybody, but it has happened before.

On THIS team especially, it's worth a look.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that a high round arrogant and immature QB "finds himself" in another city???

I'm not saying Brohm is the next anybody, but it has happened before.

On THIS team especially, it's worth a look.

Exactly.

This is not entirely true. If you read Brohm's recent interview, AVP totally ignored him because he was overwhelmed with being thrown into the OC job last-second by Jauron. So I totally don't get where you get the idea he's had two years under his belt. In reality he's had about 4 weeks.

This will be the first time anyone has seriously worked with Brohm. So let's wait until training camp before we run him out of town.

PTR

This is not entirely true. If you read Brohm's recent interview, AVP totally ignored him because he was overwhelmed with being thrown into the OC job last-second by Jauron. So I totally don't get where you get the idea he's had two years under his belt. In reality he's had about 4 weeks.

This will be the first time anyone has seriously worked with Brohm. So let's wait until training camp before we run him out of town.

PTR

good point

Yet, the Packers still matched our offer. I have no idea if Brohm will develop but neither do you. QB is the hardest position in sports to evaluate. If it was as easy as you make it out to be, Brady won't have been a 6th rounder and guys like Romo and Warner won't have gone undrafted.

Brohm will have a full offseason to learn the offense and he certainly has talent. I'm not expecting a franchise QB but to dismiss him completely is foolish.

P.S. Brunell, Warner, Hasselback, and Aaron Brooks (had some decent years) are all former Packers QBs who struggled in GB and found their place on other teams in the league.

PTR

So true - last year AVP was in no position to handle QB development. It will be interesting to see if a fresh start in Buffalo does anything for the kid. If so, Buffalo will have made its best player steal since they picked up Steve Tasker on the waiver wires.

PTR

I was't necessarily talking about his tenure with the Bills........He was with GB and I was drawing on 'THOSE' NFL experiences/training not just the 4 weeks in Buffalo.

The point I was trying to make with that statement is that Brohm has at least 'some' NFL grooming and learning our new system should be easier as a '3rd year player' as opposed to a Rookie learning it. ----I do like the fact that Gailey seems to be keeping a real close eye on him, from the articles I've read.

I was't necessarily talking about his tenure with the Bills........He was with GB and I was drawing on 'THOSE' NFL experiences/training not just the 4 weeks in Buffalo.

The point I was trying to make with that statement is that Brohm has at least 'some' NFL grooming and learning our new system should be easier as a '3rd year player' as opposed to a Rookie learning it. ----I do like the fact that Gailey seems to be keeping a real close eye on him, from the articles I've read.

You do realize that every team runs a different offense with different play calls and different signals, right? The only thing Brohm has is he's past the complete NFL rookie stage, but from almost every other standpoint he's essentially a rookie for the Bills.

PTR

Yet, the Packers still matched our offer. I have no idea if Brohm will develop but neither do you. QB is the hardest position in sports to evaluate. If it was as easy as you make it out to be, Brady won't have been a 6th rounder and guys like Romo and Warner won't have gone undrafted.

Brohm will have a full offseason to learn the offense and he certainly has talent. I'm not expecting a franchise QB but to dismiss him completely is foolish.

P.S. Brunell, Warner, Hasselback, and Aaron Brooks (had some decent years) are all former Packers QBs who struggled in GB and found their place on other teams in the league.

Excellent point made in your P.S. Seriously, being a QB drafted by a Favre-era Green Bay team is like being a shortstop drafted by the Yankees in 1998 ... no matter how good you are, Jeter's going nowhere for a long, long time. Brohm would've been a 1st rounder coming out as a junior. He was still a 2nd rounder coming out as a senior in a tougher class. And regardless of that .. the draft really means squat in the grand scheme of things. I like that Gailey is paying attention. And I agree that dismissing him completely would be a bad move.