Let's Get Ready to Rumble.....

Looks like Fred Phelps and his band of merry morons is planning on picketing the public memorial for Ronnie James Dio in L.A. on Sunday.

Something tells me it's a really, really, really bad idea for a small group of fundamentalist closet homosexuals screaming about Dio rotting in hell to get near a bunch of upset metal fans mourning the passing of their hero...

Pehaps they'll finally get the beatdown they so richly deserve?

Bad Idea - Really Bad Idea.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Fred Phelps and his band of merry morons is planning on picketing the public memorial for Ronnie James Dio in L.A. on Sunday.

Something tells me it's a really, really, really bad idea for a small group of fundamentalist closet homosexuals screaming about Dio rotting in hell to get near a bunch of upset metal fans mourning the passing of their hero...

Phelps and crew are just a bunch of idiots. Sad that tax money and police time has to be wasted on their right to free speech.

Bad idea? I think it's a GREAT idea. Muhahahahaha.

I love the idea as well, but if you're a WBC member who likes their teeth/life and thinks they're going to prance around with their signs and keep said teeth/signs/life it's truly a terrible idea.....

There haven't been any riots at past funerals because most people can retrain themselves from giving these idiots what they want, but a bunch of despondent metalheads who don't give a flying %#@! and like a good brawl could certainly change all of that......

I love the idea as well, but if you're a WBC member who likes their teeth/life and thinks they're going to prance around with their signs and keep said teeth/signs/life it's truly a terrible idea.....

There haven't been any riots at past funerals because most people can retrain themselves from giving these idiots what they want, but a bunch of despondent metalheads who don't give a flying %#@! and like a good brawl could certainly change all of that......

but that is exactly what they want. to be "victimized", to have their rights trampled on. bastards.

but that is exactly what they want. to be "victimized", to have their rights trampled on. bastards.

Unfortunately this is true. These miscreants aren't really a church, they go to every "picket" hoping to be assaulted so they can sue, its a con under a facade of religion.

Yeah, but if you get a beatdown by mob of people let's look at who gets what:

WBC Member:

-Publicity (already getting it by just threatening to picket)

-The beatdown of a lifetime (as Visa says, "priceless")

Metalheads:

-Arrest (if caught)

-Possible jail time (if convicted by jury)

-Satisfaction of kicking the living sh%t out of a WBC protester

WBC could also try and go after civil damages, but honestly, the type of metalhead who's going to kick your ass like that probably has relatively little assests....

I'm thinking that in this case the violence could happen......would love to see video of it with Sabbath's "Mob Rules" playing as the soundtrack.....

I'd rather see another creative counter-protest along the lines of the "God hates flags", "I have a sign".

Don't give 'em the attention they want, just mock them and marginalize them.

I'd rather see another creative counter-protest along the lines of the "God hates flags", "I have a sign".

Don't give 'em the attention they want, just mock them and marginalize them.

Remember - these are metalheads - they solve issues with boots and Doc Martins, not wit.....

Unfortunately this is true. These miscreants aren't really a church, they go to every "picket" hoping to be assaulted so they can sue, its a con under a facade of religion.

Exactly. And worse, they give rational believers a bad name.