Let's Get Ready to Rumble.....

That is all he has been doing since joining the board, it is his MO. If he doesn't get his way, he stomps his feet and slings the name calling. No big deal when in Rome, do as the Romans I guess... Just be careful becuase the TOS are a one-way street. You and I may disagree on a lot of things, but we can still be civil... People like Darin can't. On top of it, he is calling others intolerant... :blush:

He can never answer the real questions... So he throws up the smoke screen. I am not intolerant of gays, but if they want to call me a bigot... The fine... It doesn't matter.

Same tactic that the Westboro folks use, I suppose...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: Eric is desperate for an alliance. Won't some other bigot join him in his quest for the ring?

Fear and smear... I see you are doing a nice job! Isn't the above post everything you rail against? That is what I call a hypocrite.

Actually, way off the mark. I am deparate for nothing. I am just here talking among friends/Bills fans what I want to express. I am sorry it is bothering you. Is there something wrong with that? Am I breaking any policy? If I wanted "alliance", why would I be alientating myself even further by speaking this. I can see both sides attacking me for what I am saying. It is never about "alliance"... Maybe to people like you... But not me. It is about speaking the truth. I am not hurting anyone.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you are way off the mark here Darin.

I believe my stance on this passes the 4-way test.

Is it the truth? (Of course I believe so)

Is it fair to all concerned? (Note my stance on hetero marriage being recognized)

Will it build good will and better friendships? (For many yes. With Darin's, I always hold out hope)

Will it be beneficial to all concerned? (Yes, as a whole society we will be better off... No more state interventention in a relgious institution)

So that's your version of intelligent debate? It's more like Internet 101. Pretend you're a victim, play the "I have friends...", then complain when called out about it. Yeah, really bright guy stuff there.

I'll give you a hint: It doesn't involve constant name calling and personally attacking those who have differing opinions than yours. Its when I can state my viewpoint, you can state yours, and we can discuss the merits of each person's point of view.

Show you intolerance? You believe it's OK to deny people the same rights you enjoy based on their choice of life partner. Very tolerant. (Do me a favor, spare me the "they can marry any person of the opposite sex" garbage.)

Where did I say that I would like to deny their rights? Where is there a right to have a legally recognized marriage? If there is none, then how am I advocating the denial of their "rights" by my position?

As far as being a "conservative" goes: If you were an actual "conservative", you'd realize that it's wrong to deny ADULTS the same rights other adults enjoy. You'd also know that creating unique laws to cover things is completely opposite of the conservative mantra.

I should have clarified. I was referring to a morally conservative viewpoint - not politically conservative.

Same tactic that the Westboro folks use, I suppose...

EXACTLY! Darin seeks confrontation just like Westboro. Now you are branded aligned with me... And we are probably polar opposites when it comes to a lot of things!

I do respect Darin for a lot of things he believes... But his heavy, brash tone went the way of Napolean. He can't critically think, so he fires insults. I am not perfect and fire back myself... But I am sure working on it!

Darin wants to play alpha dog, he is anything but.

EXACTLY! Darin seeks confrontation just like Westboro. Now you are branded aligned with me... And we are probably polar opposites when it comes to a lot of things!

I do respect Darin for a lot of things he believes... But his heavy, brash tone went the way of Napolean. He can't critically think, so he fires insults. I am not perfect and fire back myself... But I am sure working on it!

Darin wants to play alpha dog, he is anything but.

We are...

I do recall having a few healthy debates with you... healthy debates are what make the world a better place, IMO.

:blush:

We are...

I do recall having a few healthy debates with you... healthy debates are what make the world a better place, IMO.

:blink:

Not for him sadly... You almost wonder why the board management puts up with his healthy dose of BS? He starts it with many.

Any back to the topic of the thread:

Westboro wants reaction. I understand people are not perfect... Look how we got sucked into reacting to Darin's Paplum... The same **** I am preaching about what not to do about Westboro, I am doing with that guy! :blush: I can be better!

Where did I say that I would like to deny their rights? Where is there a right to have a legally recognized marriage? If there is none, then how am I advocating the denial of their "rights" by my position?

That may not be the dumbest post in TBD history but it's right up there. Congrats.

Fear and smear... I see you are doing a nice job! Isn't the above post everything you rail against? That is what I call a hypocrite.

Uh, no. Calling you out for one of your tried and true tactics isn't hypocritical. Again, you don't seem to know what the word means.

Actually, way off the mark. I am deparate for nothing. I am just here talking among friends/Bills fans what I want to express. I am sorry it is bothering you. Is there something wrong with that? Am I breaking any policy? If I wanted "alliance", why would I be alientating myself even further by speaking this. I can see both sides attacking me for what I am saying. It is never about "alliance"... Maybe to people like you... But not me. It is about speaking the truth. I am not hurting anyone.

You being a bigot doesn't bother me. Apparently it bothers you.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you are way off the mark here Darin.

I believe my stance on this passes the 4-way test.

Is it the truth? (Of course I believe so)

Is it fair to all concerned? (Note my stance on hetero marriage being recognized)

Will it build good will and better friendships? (For many yes. With Darin's, I always hold out hope)

Will it be beneficial to all concerned? (Yes, as a whole society we will be better off... No more state interventention in a relgious institution)

You missed one:

Does it ignore reality? Welcome to why you're the Riddler.

Unfortunately this is true. These miscreants aren't really a church, they go to every "picket" hoping to be assaulted so they can sue, its a con under a facade of religion.

I think it's a facade under the con of religion.

The public memorial service for Ronnie James Dio is on the 30th.

Wendy Dio, Ronnie's widow, has asked that fan/mourners ignore the Westboro protesters - she says RJD always hated violence....

Still, I would so love to see them get theirs (maybe the Supreme Court will give them a legal ass kicking when they take up one of their cases this session)