J.P signs with Seahawks

He was a bust, but I really dislike the vitriol on this board towards him for this exact reason. He came in and really embraced this town, and tried to do what was right off the field. He wasn't good on our field, fine. Be he's not the only one. As far as I'm concerned, eff all y'all. I would guess that he did far more for our town than most of those who post on this board.

I agree wholeheartedly. Dislike the man for his performance, fine. Yet, when it came to giving something back to the City, JP was there. Only a classless turd would belittle him for this.

I too wish JP well and also wished that thing would have worked out better. in 2006 it did appear that he was putting it together and when 2007 came around, it all fell apart. Good luck JP.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys who are saying that JP wasn't Jesus might as well point out something as obvious as the fact that the sky is blue. Everyone knows that Frank Reich was Jesus! :thumbsup:

This would mean so much more if you didn't have a freakin' Flyers logo as your avatar! :thumbsup:

:ph34r: I know, I take a lot of crap for it....but I've been here long enough that I know my Bills bretheren will allow me to indulge my Flyers fandom for a few weeks out of the year....especially when they are about to be in the FINALS, BABY!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

just shows what type of person you are :worthy:

There's only 2 ex-Bills in the NFL who deserve career-ending injuries...McGahee and Peters...they trashed the Bills, the fans, and the city with their words and actions and didn't give their full effort. JP was exactly the opposite and still lives in Buffalo from what I heard...maybe because he knows that there are a lot more fans who appreciate the effort he put in, even though it didn't work out, than there are so-called fans like you

watching film wasn't an issue...from all reports, he put in as much time on film study as anyone...it may be a case where he was never properly taught what to look for in film study sessions, though. Hopefully Fassell helped him out in that area. :wallbash:

I appreciate wins and playoff appearances. That's the kind of person I am.

Hey...just telling you what I wished for. My apologies are extended to the morality police, but I meant what I said.

Why even apologize if you don't mean it? It's really sad that people wish for other people to get hurt in a game. This does say worlds about you. and it's not flattering.you are no one I care to even listen to what you have to say. I don't know how the ignore button works but when I find it , you'll be the first on on it. i know you don't care what I think. And i don't care. trolls like you need to find another place to chat cuz i'm pretty sure 99% of us don't want you here.

Except in preparing for games, watching film, etc..

preparing and executing are two different things.

just shows what type of person you are :worthy:

There's only 2 ex-Bills in the NFL who deserve career-ending injuries...McGahee and Peters...they trashed the Bills, the fans, and the city with their words and actions and didn't give their full effort. JP was exactly the opposite and still lives in Buffalo from what I heard...maybe because he knows that there are a lot more fans who appreciate the effort he put in, even though it didn't work out, than there are so-called fans like you

watching film wasn't an issue...from all reports, he put in as much time on film study as anyone...it may be a case where he was never properly taught what to look for in film study sessions, though. Hopefully Fassell helped him out in that area. :wallbash:

I appreciate your thumbs down in this, but it really isn't any better what you say afterwards. NO ONE deserves to get hurt just for trashing the bills, etc. Maybe you could say that about someone who murders or rapes or something really bad like that. but not for just being an ass.

5 pages and running? :worthy: JP didn't have this kind of fandom in '06!

To marauder's comment: It's possible the 'High Roaders' are taking this a little out of context. There's really only 3 ways an NFL player leaves the League. 1) Not good enough/cut. 2) Retires healthy after a long career -NOT common. 3) Injuries force them out. Yes, there could be a Lifetime Ban, but that's less than 1%.

Likely 90+% of players are out within a decade. It's not a lifelong occupation where he's wishing some prick employee gets maimed for life and can't earn a living at anything. Career-ending injuries in sports typically aren't so traumatic as to leave a player completely incapacitated- just not healthy enough to continue in high profile athletics he had mad skills at.

M24 could well be a vicious prick, I don't know. But I don't think so.. JMO.

Why even apologize if you don't mean it? It's really sad that people wish for other people to get hurt in a game. This does say worlds about you. and it's not flattering.you are no one I care to even listen to what you have to say. I don't know how the ignore button works but when I find it , you'll be the first on on it. i know you don't care what I think. And i don't care. trolls like you need to find another place to chat cuz i'm pretty sure 99% of us don't want you here.

I appreciate your thumbs down in this, but it really isn't any better what you say afterwards. NO ONE deserves to get hurt just for trashing the bills, etc. Maybe you could say that about someone who murders or rapes or something really bad like that. but not for just being an ass.

good catch.

"that guy does not deserve to be hurt, dammit!

oh but that other guys does!"

Look, I was just as disgusted with Peters and his selfish ways as anyone. But that play against the Jets was not his fault. Not at all. The Jets showed OLB blitz and Peters' first responsibility was to tighten his gap relative to Dockery and help out with the OLB. In the meantime, Elam had not yet showed blitz and did a good job disgiusing it and by the time the ball was snapped, he had a head start and was also a good 3-5 yards to the OUTSIDE of Peters when he crossed the line. You can only tell that by seeing the endzone replay angle. Peters made a helluvan effort just to get in the vicinity to block Elam.

Sometimes you have to chalk it up to a good play by the other team. The Jests did a GREAT job on that play in terms of design and execution.

GO BILLS!!!

so what if the jets executed a good play!

the only person who made a costly mistake was jp. he was outside the pocket already, he should have thrown it out of bounds or taken a sack. There's nothing wrong with that!

As far as jp, even if he makes the seattle team, he doesn't have the talent to be a great qb in the nfl. plain and simple. he doesnt have confidence. just like trent doesnt either.

...so the time spent with Wyche and with Jaws (in the offseason) was just for giggles for him?

Having said that, how do either you or I possibly KNOW how he prepared for games? I'm just saying he seemed to try to succeed on the field (but failed) and he certainly tried to improve the town he had adopted as his own.

Other than when I watched him play? How defenses continuously befuddled him? How plays seems to break down as soon as he couldn't pass to his primary receiver (and didn't seem to know where the rest were)?

Your thought is that it is possible he spent many hours reviewing game film on opposition and knew his own playbook completely---and he still looked he did neither?

The best in the League--guys who actually have talent for the position---are typically described as students of the game who study endlessly, despite their natural gifts. Guys like P Manning and Brady are described thsi way. Yet a guy as lacking in cerebral skills as JP was never described inside or outside of the organization as a guy who recognized his obvious shortcomings and hit the film room.

JP was an average college QB blessed to play in a crappy division who had a decent Jr. year and who some low level pool scouts rated highly after one year. Lightning struck and he was a 1st round pick in what may go down as one of the best QB drafts ever. When he was benched his final year, he pouted on the sideline like a child and when he did get a chance to start, he again proved woefully unprepared.

Maybe it is more soothing for you to pretend that JP was some famous Buffalo man of the people--a civic hero because he "actually lived in the city" and did a few hgihly publicized PR cleanups.

Here's an update to the JP in Seattle story. Yesterday they cut their 3rd sting QB, Mike Teel. Mike was a 6th round pick in 2009 and never played. So it looks like JP is the man at 3rd string.

Interesting how they would take an experienced veteran who is not that good over a guy with a lot of "upside".

so what if the jets executed a good play!

the only person who made a costly mistake was jp. he was outside the pocket already, he should have thrown it out of bounds or taken a sack. There's nothing wrong with that!

As far as jp, even if he makes the seattle team, he doesn't have the talent to be a great qb in the nfl. plain and simple. he doesnt have confidence. just like trent doesnt either.

Not sure why you chose to respond to my post with this as mine pertained to Peters only. But I agree with you none the less. Losman did a poor job of reading the safety (Elam, who DID a good job disguising) and made an even worse play by trying to force the ball in that situation. Like you said, either throw it away or take the sack. Just reinforces my and many others' assertions that JP lacks certain, shall we say, "necessities" (hello, Al Campanis) to do the job of NFL QB.

That said, I sincerely hope he can get it together mentally. He's got all the physical attributes you'd want in a QB otherwise.

GO BILLS!!!

Find that button soon. Please.

I was a big J.P. fan, although I'm guilty of being overly optimistic with a lot of Bills players. He had the intangibles, and had he been more successful on the field, we would've loved him off of it. Now, in retrospect, he probably didn't fall into the best situation. If things could slow down for him a little I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him be a late bloomer.

5 pages and running? :wallbash: JP didn't have this kind of fandom in '06!

:worthy:

The thing about JP - is that we just *knew* sooner or later, he would launch a laser-guided long-range rocket. And he forked over the goods, from time to time. It was hard to not root for the guy.

JP lost his confidense when they drafted Trent Edwards. i don't think he handled it well. He was the guy and then had to look over his shoulder. he crumbled in my opinion. Given another opportunity he might do well.

JP lost his confidense when they drafted Trent Edwards. i don't think he handled it well. He was the guy and then had to look over his shoulder. he crumbled in my opinion. Given another opportunity he might do well.

JP lost his confidence long before Trent showed up...like maybe when Troy Vincent broke his leg for being a cocky rookie. That can eff' you up some.

PTR

I appreciate wins and playoff appearances. That's the kind of person I am.

team game and while JP wasn't good enough on a consistent basis, it wasn't due to a lack of effort...unlike those losers McGahee and Peters. Add into that Losman's a classy guy, wishing injury on him is reprehensible

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...when someone gets a lot of money and adulation from a team and its fans and not only doesn't appreciate it but insults said fans and team, I don't think he deserves all the money. Maybe it's not so much a case of wishing injury on those two losers, but I sure as hell don't feel bad for them when they get hurt and if the injury ends their career (not life-threatening, though), it's just a case of karma coming back at them.

Anyone committing crimes is another story altogether...convicted felons deserve lifetime bans

team game and while JP wasn't good enough on a consistent basis, it wasn't due to a lack of effort...unlike those losers McGahee and Peters. Add into that Losman's a classy guy, wishing injury on him is reprehensible

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...when someone gets a lot of money and adulation from a team and its fans and not only doesn't appreciate it but insults said fans and team, I don't think he deserves all the money. Maybe it's not so much a case of wishing injury on those two losers, but I sure as hell don't feel bad for them when they get hurt and if the injury ends their career (not life-threatening, though), it's just a case of karma coming back at them.

Anyone committing crimes is another story altogether...convicted felons deserve lifetime bans

OK...so let me understand this.....my wishing injury on someone is reprehensible, but your wishing injury on two others is justifiable? And don't give me that "he was a classy guy" crap. That spells h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e through and through. Laughable.