Cushing wins re-vote

Tell that to Doc.

Doc was better before he got into the nose candy. Same with Strawberry. Without drugs, they'd both be in Cooperstown right now (no, not as patrons!).

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but has anyone suggested the idea that it might be in Cushing's best interest from a fan standpoint...to just plain give the award back?

Good point, but judging from how he responded, I think it's unlikely ...

"I was just glad to hear the news, that people stuck by me. Very honored," Cushing said. "I'm very happy to have the award once again, and I'm just happy with how everything turned out."

:D

Looks like we're gearing up to run John out of here like we did with Tim Graham. Be mad over the fact that Cushing the Cheater won the DROY, but don't blame the AP.

Blame the 18 ostriches who stuck their heads in the sand and voted for him a second time.

thanks.

jw

Quick...Who was last season's defensive rookie of the year? I'm willing to bet most of you can't name him without looking it up. (I honestly had no clue. And he was in the AFC East.) So who really cares???

Cushing won an award from sportswriters for on-field performance. The sportswriters and the AP are NOT the NFL. It is not their job to decide what is wrong and what is right and who should've been playing and who shouldn't have been playing. Their job is to vote on who performed the best, on the field. If the NFL says Cushing was allowed to play, then he is eligible for all awards.

How are people more outraged about a worthless award and less outraged about the ridiculous 8-month process that spiraled from this failed September test??? What if Cushing had 14 tackles, two INT, two sacks, and a fumble recovery against the Bills, in a game he possibly should've been suspended for, and the Bills missed the playoffs by one game??? I can't believe this isn't the true issue here. Additionally, the NFL informed Cushing and the NFLPA, but not the Texans. That's just ridiculous.

Anyways, Cushing failed his test in September, but subsequently passed five other tests throughout the season. And he's still going to miss four games and forfeit several hundred thousand dollars.

It's the NFL's process, not the voters, who should feel this wrath.

Doc was better before he got into the nose candy. Same with Strawberry. Without drugs, they'd both be in Cooperstown right now (no, not as patrons!).

OK. Let's split the difference and say Dock, as in Dock Ellis, then.

i'm extremely disapointed (sic) with your spelling as well as your comprehension abilities. however, your instinct for kneejerk reactions seems to be working well.

jw

Hey John, say whatever you want I am not the one that condones cheating. Sorry you lost all credibilty today! Obviously you have no other defense than to critique my grammar!

Why don't you go write an article for that "mickey mouse" organization!

Hey John, say whatever you want I am not the one that condones cheating. Sorry you lost all credibilty today! Obviously you have no other defense than to critique my grammar!

again, you're comprehension skills are lacking. i didn't just critique your grammar.

jw

why: for re-opening the vote to a panel of 50 non-AP journalists, to determine whether Cushing should keep an award after testing positive for a banned substance. and the fact that 18 of those non-AP journalists voted in favor of Cushing somehow casts an ill light on the AP?

YES an bunch of spineless jellyfish, that have NO regards for the rules.....The guy is a CHEATER...END OF STORY... unless your one of the 18 AP writers that doesn't care about winning at ANY COST. I only hope the name of these slugs come out.

AP voting is a joke.....and they are a joke after giving a CHEATER an AWARD for CHEATING...period.

Anyone trying to defend this is WRONG pure and simple....

Speak for yourself, Billsfan=pain. Attack the individual "yes" voters; not the entire AP. And you should've capitalized Mickey Mouse.

Did you read any of the other posts?

Did jw have a vote? - no

Was the vote limited to AP writers? - no

So you should probably stop attacking him. Also, it's spelled "credibility", and if you'd like to keep any you should think before you post.

Do you honestly not understand what is being said here? Seriously? :D

OK. Let's split the difference and say Dock, as in Dock Ellis, then.

I must admit ... I had to look that up. No hitter on LSD?!?! Learn something new every day!!

YES an bunch of spineless jellyfish, that have NO regards for the rules.....The guy is a CHEATER...END OF STORY... unless your one of the 18 AP writers that doesn't care about winning at ANY COST. I only hope the name of these slugs come out.

AP voting is a joke.....and they are a joke after giving a CHEATER an AWARD for CHEATING...period.

Seriously, did you even read the post? This was not voted on by AP writers. The AP organizes the vote, and the AP decided that a revote was in order. I'm really tired of people constantly bitching and moaning without taking the time to understand the issue.

to you and to billsfan=pain, read the list of voters and who they voted for for yourselves, and explain to me where the Associated Press "voted" for Cushing.

AP NFL Defensive Rookie Voter Breakdown

jw

Did you read any of the other posts?

Did jw have a vote? - no

Was the vote limited to AP writers? - no

So you should probably stop attacking him. Also, it's spelled "credibility", and if you'd like to keep any you should think before you post.

I am not going to agrue with someone that calls himself Captain caveman! LOL!

to you and to billsfan=pain, read the list of voters and who they voted for for yourselves, and explain to me where the Associated Press "voted" for Cushing.

jw

Berman is dead to me.

BTW, like I how I lit the fuse on this thread and ran? tee hee

jw

Hey Johnny Boy you wrote for twice! Not good grammar for someone from the AP!

It wad the AP's decision to allow Cushing on the ballot! Why did they allow that John?

jw

This douchebag really changed his vote from Jairus Byrd TO Cushing! How do you possibly justify this move?

CHANGED FROM JAIRUS BYRD (2)

Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Brian Cushing)

Look, JW didn't vote and didn't condone cheating! He merely said the AP was within its right to re-poll the NON-AP writers for a recount. Those writers were wrong, but the AP wasn't and JW shouldn't be beat up by people like you that won't read the damn facts! People like you ran off Tim Graham from our board, so back the Hell off and think before you write.