Brohm to work rookie minicamp

THank goodness that it is Brohm V Edwards right now. I don't see any redeeming qualities about Fitz as a starter. For some reason, I think one of these two guys is going to surprise.......

THank goodness that it is Brohm V Fitz right now. I don't see any redeeming qualities about Trent as a starter. For some reason, I think one of these two guys is going to surprise.......

Other teams use this rookie mini-camp to allow the whole team to work out. I realize we've got a lot of rookies, and added to second year players we've probably got something like 30-40 guys... but, I did wonder after I read that Brohm was invited, if they weren't deliberately creating a situation to exclude the other QB's - sort of giving the favorite a little extra. Now that I'm writing it, though, I guess they would obviously want the young guy to be a stud, and they probably just have so many rookies and second year guys that they need another arm. I was tempted to put more into it than just that.

Love all the Brohm love now!!

but where were you all while I alone repeatedly called for Brohm's shot to start???

Are the Lefavour lovers going to follow his career in Chicago; what about the McCoy fans in Cleveland?

or McNabb in DC?

Brohm is and has been the plan and it's a good plan -

yes, but I've liked brohm since we signed him last year, and even coming out of college, so I hope he does well and wins the Job.

FYI, in addition to 2010 rookies:

"Here is the rundown of first and second-year players on the Bills roster that are expected to participate in the team’s rookie minicamp this weekend.

On offense

Brian Brohm

Christian Gaddis

Nick Hennessey

Felton Huggins

Steve Johnson

Andy Levitre

Walter Mendenhall

Jamon Meredith

Shawn Nelson

Andre Ramsey

Jonathan Stupar

Jason Watkins

Defense

Reggie Corner

Jon Corto

Rashaad Duncan

Chris Ellis

Marlon Favorite

Cary Harris

Lonnie Harvey

Ellis Lankster

Ryan Manalac

Aaron Maybin

Leodis Mckelvin

Lydell Sargeant

Keep in mind it is voluntary for first and second-year players to participate and some like Jairus Byrd, Eric Wood and Nic Harris are coming off of injury situations and are likely not fit to participate yet.

Veterans cannot participate by league rule."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/06/n...g-this-weekend/

I'd like to see Fitz cut, and Edwards, Brohm and Brown on the depth chart.

Many hate Edwards, but he is accurate and with some coaching to change his decision making he has the best chance to succeed due to his time in the NFL. Brohm would be better suited as the #2, because he will have more time to absorb the NFL game under Gailey, and he isn't thrown to the wolves by being named starter right out of the gate. Fitz is irrelevant to me. He doesn't have a shot of being starter, and if he isn't, he's of no use to this team as a backup. It would be better to give those reps to Brohm.

Those that are a little more familiar with Brohm....is this guy mobile, does he like to run ?

I can only recall the Louisville days and he was a accurate good throwing quarterback at that level just curious if he's a statue or like to run

He is Tom Brady kind of mobile (and NOOOO, I am not comparing him to Brady or saying he is as good in the pocket as Brady...just using Brady as a reference to the TYPE of mobility Brohm has)...What I mean is that Brady isnt the kind of guy that you worry about scrambling down field, but he is mobile in the pocket and has a good sense of the rush.

That was what Brohm was able to do in college...he isnt going to rip off a 10 yard run at will, but he did have good pocket mobility, and in his last season he was often scrambling for his life at Louisville as their line wasnt very good...something I am sure he will be experiencing here until this line can pull together and someone can step up and man the LT spot.

So no, he isnt a runner, but he deomstrated good pocket presence in college, so hopefully that pocket mobility can be something he can bring to this level as he is going to need it until this line solidifies.

but where were you all while I alone repeatedly called for Brohm's shot to start???

Are the Lefavour lovers going to follow his career in Chicago; what about the McCoy fans in Cleveland?

or McNabb in DC?

LOL...you werent alone...a lot of us have been, just that we were in the minority before. Now that the FO and staff have shown a vote of confidence in the potential in these guys others have opened up to the idea too.

Only time will tell if it works out, but I can't see any negative reason not to give the kid a shot given how little we have invested in him and the upside he brings to the table.

Little risk, Big reward potential is always a win win for a team...Merdith is another low risk, big reward kind of guy too...

or McNabb in DC?

Um, 'you, alone'???? :lol: Where were you on Pearl Harbor Day last year?

Link 1 - December 7th, 2009

Link 2 - December 7th, 2009

LOL...ah, late to the party...I was supporting Brohm in multiple threads in November, where were you Senator...lol :worthy:

:thumbsup:

While I have no proof of it (as you see I dont post much - I was a member since NOV09 and followed the boards for a few years now) I did always support Brohm.

For two reasons I hope hes the starter:

1) I think he does have it, the talent and intangibles, to be a good NFL starter. We will obviously see through training camp, but Im hoping, and thinking it can happen.

2) Even if hes not like the first reason says, there is no possibly way he is worse than Fitz or Edwards. Fitz is reliable, but avg at best, just a career backup type guy. I want Fitz as the #2 wily-ole-vet. Brown is a decent #3 project guy.

Trent Edwards?

There is no way anyone (even Derek Anderson who beat him in the 6-3 loss! Remember that people who though "Edwards deserves another shot"?)

This guy didnt get prectice squaded as a #4. They tried to hide him there to develop him knowing he wasnt in their plans THAT year. They thought no one would pick up a guy with a QB 2nd rd contract off waivers. Well, Buffalo did.

I beat all of you, I wanted Brohm to start DAY 1 he was on the Bills. From the moment i heard we lost him to you guys I thought... "Hell Yeah! can't wait to see him pull the team around!"

I have previously opined that the QB rotation opening the season will be (in order):

Edwards

Brohm

Brown

Fitz (cut)

I am slowly buying into the Brohm hype machine, however. The fact he gets the benefit of some one-on-one coaching this weekend, as a 3rd year player, is interesting.

If Brohm actually does win the starting job, then my assessment of the roster becomes this:

Brohm

Fitz

Brown

Edwards (cut)

My rationale is that Fitz is much better suited to the backup role than Edwards. I don't think Trentative is worth a **** if he's not the starter.

And with that said, if Edwards is lights out during camp and preseason and earns the starting job, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Um, 'you, alone'???? :worthy: Where were you on Pearl Harbor Day last year?

Link 1 - December 7th, 2009

Link 2 - December 7th, 2009

Yes Hot Rod stands corrected - I'm being reminded that there were a few of us with the vision.

hoping this rookie camp has the core of our team going forward -

Brohm, Spiller, Nelson, Uconn WR, Wood (not practicing) Levitre, etc

That'd be Spiller

:worthy:

yeah Spiller needs to be the outlet and can run the wheel pattern -

also, please can they get Nelson involved down the middle???

Nelson could be a major weapon

but still who is #2 WR???

yeah Spiller needs to be the outlet and can run the wheel pattern -

also, please can they get Nelson involved down the middle???

Nelson could be a major weapon

but still who is #2 WR???

In name it will be Hardy or Johnson. Less likely, Marcus Easley.

In name it will be Hardy or Johnson. Less likely, Marcus Easley.

Let's face it, Hardy can't play in the NFL. He used his height in college on DB's that were under 6ft. with inept leaping abilities to guard against the fade pattern. I really don't like him and didn't like him when we drafted him as a pattern runner. I think Steven Johnson with some WR coaching can really sharpen his game and route running and be our second option. He performed admirably last season and deserves a shot.

I think Easlely will come in on a spread if at all this year. He's too raw and needs some developing in the Pro style offense. Maybe they bring him in on a fly pattern. I hope Chan can spread the opposing defenses out and get Spiller into some open space. But like this thread started, you need a viable QB to threaten the deep ball to do so. Also need someone who can hit a tight end or back across the middle in stride.

Like everyone here, I bleed Buffalo Blue and Red but this year I'm looking for just signs of improvement and if we win that will just be an unexpected bonus. LT is going to be a challenge since China man is going to take time to develope if he is going to be the answer.

MC.

Let's face it, Hardy can't play in the NFL. He used his height in college on DB's that were under 6ft. with inept leaping abilities to guard against the fade pattern. I really don't like him and didn't like him when we drafted him as a pattern runner. I think Steven Johnson with some WR coaching can really sharpen his game and route running and be our second option. He performed admirably last season and deserves a shot.

I think Easlely will come in on a spread if at all this year. He's too raw and needs some developing in the Pro style offense. Maybe they bring him in on a fly pattern. I hope Chan can spread the opposing defenses out and get Spiller into some open space. But like this thread started, you need a viable QB to threaten the deep ball to do so. Also need someone who can hit a tight end or back across the middle in stride.

Like everyone here, I bleed Buffalo Blue and Red but this year I'm looking for just signs of improvement and if we win that will just be an unexpected bonus. LT is going to be a challenge since China man is going to take time to develope if he is going to be the answer.

MC.

Brohm can make all the throws. I agree Chan needs these guys to play in space - Nelson is probably the second best receiver we have and needs to get involved but I read that Gailey's offense (other than one year where T. Gonzalez went off) doesn't utilize the TE for catching. I'm not expecting much from Hardy; S/ Johnson much more promising

yes, but I've liked brohm since we signed him last year, and even coming out of college, so I hope he does well and wins the Job.

the brohm the brohm the brohm. i've also been in the brohm camp as we know.

I'd like to know if Edwards and Fitz were given the opportunity to participate and turned it down, or whether they just extended the opportunity to Brohm alone? If it's the latter, then that's a clear indication of who they want to win the job.

Only 1st and second year players are allowed to attend. It's right there in the article.