Smoking Ban at the Ralph?

yall

+1. You don't have to go sit out there with the smokers people. Do you guys get pissed at everyone that smokes anywhere outdoors too?

It it is upwind of me or particularly my kids, yeah.

[How bored are we, talking about this :nana: ]

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The superdome has only 2 outdoor sections. They gate off two of the areas outside of the entry gates at opposite ends. I imagine its a pain for those in the middle on the upper levels -- quite the trek.

Inside the stadium is 100% smokefree.

I smoke occassionally when I drink and do sometimes have one during the Bills games at the stadium. I do hate seeing cigarette butts on the ground anywhere and think people should throw away their trash. I even love the fact that you cannot smoke in bars anymore.

What I don't agree with is this sentiment that smokers are poisoning the air around us and making it unbearable for everyone else. This is complete BS. How many cigarettes do you think it takes to poison the air as much as your SUV does on the way to work? I think it's stupid that people make such a big deal out of second hand smoke at a place where the majority of those going to the event have sat in the middle of a sea on cars - many still running - for a few hours before the game. If it's really a health issue, then why stop at smoking. Maybe the Ralph should be the first stadium in the country that doesn't have parking lots at all - everyone has to take a bus there to make the air cleaner for everyone. They could break up the parking lots and put grass in so everyone could get tailgate ont he grass and make sure no one breathes in any toxins.

:nana:

I love those people who eat outside a restaurant, right where thousands of exhaust-spewing vehicles are crawling along, then act all "eew-y" when a smoker walks past them. BTW, I'd rather have smokers near me than those strapped gun-toters in the knuckle dragger states.

I don't smoke, but I used to a long time ago, usually when I was drinking.........So, I'm not hard core either way on the topic.............But, how can anybody complain about the way the smoking is now - I don't even know where you can smoke at the stadium, because it's somewhere outside. We usually hang out in the hallways at halftime.

I really think the whole thing has gone too far - UB being a smoke free campus. If somebody wants to smoke outside, who cares?

Last year at a game, I spoke with one of the a$$hats herding people into the the designated smoking area which was a tiny yellow box spraypainted on the ground.

He mentioned that this year the Ralph may go 100% smoke free.

Has anyone else heard this?

You can still smoke this year. You just can't smoke cigarettes.

Smokers should have no rights. Zero. Nada. You want to kill yourself? Fine. Do it on your own property until they invent a way to keep your filthy smoke from infiltrating my air.

And while we're at it? Throw your filthy butts in a TRASH CAN, not out your car window or wherever you happen to drop them. It's litter, jackasses.

I'm not dumb enough to do it but I would love to pick it up, throw the lit butt back into their car/lap and say "excuse me, you dropped this".

Back when I drove a convertible, a jackass in front of me threw his butt out the window, which bounced off the road, landed on my back seat and burned a hole in it. :nana:

I don't smoke, and don't mind if people at the Ralph smoke as long as they do it in the designated yellow box by the gate.

Yeah, that is the way it is at the Ralph. Right by the gate entrances. Doesn't hurt anyone else and there is no smoking in the stands at all. Can't see how anyone can complain about this.

Also, they have large ashtrays where the butts are disposed of.

Jack...any word on whether this is a reality?

I dare any one of you who are complaining to walk up to a smoker who tosses their butt and tell them they are littering.

That, or just whine some more on the internet.

What's so hard about that? You dare us.... :nana:

Can't happen soon enough.

Endeavor to make 'em illegal, then.

Here in OH, they are the 3rd largest source of revenue for the State. If banned, rest assured, regardless of where you live, the non-smokers will make up for the revenue currently forked over by smokers.

An estimate here in OH is that if cigs and such were to be made illegal, the tax burden spread over the general taxpayer rolls that is currently paid by smokers would be an average $400 increase. There is no way that OH or any other state would not assess the general population to make up the shortfall. They only talk trash about the health problems - they would panic if the smoker's $ stopped flowing in. An inconvenient truth. :D

I wonder what the state tax increase would be in NYS...

I suggest that if somebody asks you for a light, give it to 'em. Or face a lighter wallet. :nana:

Endeavor to make 'em illegal, then.

Here in OH, they are the 3rd largest source of revenue for the State. If banned, rest assured, regardless of where you live, the non-smokers will make up for the revenue currently forked over by smokers.

An estimate here in OH is that if cigs and such were to be made illegal, the tax burden spread over the general taxpayer rolls that is currently paid by smokers would be an average $400 increase. There is no way that OH or any other state would not assess the general population to make up the shortfall. They only talk trash about the health problems - they would panic if the smoker's $ stopped flowing in. An inconvenient truth. :D

I wonder what the state tax increase would be in NYS...

I suggest that if somebody asks you for a light, give it to 'em. Or face a lighter wallet. :nana:

As stupid as I think smoking is, I do NOT want to make cigarettes illegal. People have a right to do as they please. All you get when you make something illegal is a black market and the violence that goes with it. If someone wants to smoke, drink, do drugs, then go for it. It's not the government's job to be Big Brother. Just be respectful of others and don't pollute everyone else's environment and don't get behind the wheel when you are impaired. More government is not the answer.

Indeed. Hell, I've seen people do it.

I was walking down the street and someone opened an pack of smokes and threw the celophane on the ground. I picked it up an walked back to the person, handed it to them and said "you dropped this." Why are people such pussies?

First smoking, then the stadium food because it is to fattening, then the alcohol goes away becuase it isn't "family friendly".

Just remember that when they ban all of that and y'all started it because of smokers. It is a slippery slope that has no end!!!

(I'm a non-smoker who doesn't mind smokers because they have rights too)

I propose they ban beer sales inside the stadium and only allow people to bring bottled water, vitamin water or soft drinks with them into the parking lots.

This will cut down on the amount loud-mouthed alcoholics who vomit and also vomit profanities due to their inability to hold their alcohol. It will also prevent drunk-driving meatheads from escaping law enforcement in golf carts and then drive like maniacs down sidewalks and run over several individuals.

I propose they ban beer sales inside the stadium and only allow people to bring bottled water, vitamin water or soft drinks with them into the parking lots.

This will cut down on the amount loud-mouthed alcoholics who vomit and also vomit profanities due to their inability to hold their alcohol. It will also prevent drunk-driving meatheads from escaping law enforcement in golf carts and then drive like maniacs down sidewalks and run over several individuals.

That would make for a amazing social experiment. But the people you wish to exclude make up a significant percentage of season ticket holders. The Bills could not even dream of doing something like that, even if they wanted to.

That would make for a amazing social experiment. But the people you wish to exclude make up a significant percentage of season ticket holders. The Bills could not even dream of doing something like that, even if they wanted to.

They'll be replaced by non-alcoholic season ticket holders.

"Family" ticket purchasers. Would be a lot different, certainly.

:D