I believe in this team. I don't even get all the negativity.

I don't understand why there is so much negativity and pessimism about this team. We had a bad year last year. We had 20 guys on IR, including a bunch of quality starters (db's, lb's, most of the OL, qb, etc) and a first round pick who was playing out of position.

We had a coach who in perhaps the worst move in the history of the team, decided to go with a no-huddle offense that accomplished absolutely nothing. He fired the OC a week before the season and cut the LT. His strength and conditioning coach was a disaster.

That regime is gone.

I believe that Trent Edwards can be coached back into the player we once trusted...the guy who was 4-0 two years ago, and the guy who had New England on the ropes in the opener last year. That guy is in dire need of a coach with a plan, and now he has one.

We drafted the most explosive player in quite some time, and we also got a bunch of players who will help to make the 3-4 a tough scheme to run against. We already have a great defensive backfield. Now we will have a better defense that you cannot run against.

We played just about everybody tough last year, including New England twice. We beat the Jets. Despite having all those injuries and a coach with no direction, we still managed to have some quality performances on the field.

This will be a playoff team.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why there is so much negativity and pessimism about this team. We had a bad year last year. We had 20 guys on IR, including a bunch of quality starters (db's, lb's, most of the OL, qb, etc) and a first round pick who was playing out of position.

We had a coach who in perhaps the worst move in the history of the team, decided to go with a no-huddle offense that accomplished absolutely nothing. He fired the OC a week before the season and cut the LT. His strength and conditioning coach was a disaster.

That regime is gone.

I believe that Trent Edwards can be coached back into the player we once trusted...the guy who was 4-0 two years ago, and the guy who had New England on the ropes in the opener last year. That guy is in dire need of a coach with a plan, and now he has one.

We drafted the most explosive player in quite some time, and we also got a bunch of players who will help to make the 3-4 a tough scheme to run against. We already have a great defensive backfield. Now we will have a better defense that you cannot run against.

We played just about everybody tough last year, including New England twice. We beat the Jets. Despite having all those injuries and a coach with no direction, we still managed to have some quality performances on the field.

That kind of talk is not allowed on here.

Tough questions, some skepticism and honest and fair criticism are all part of being a fan. But those who just want to crap on everything do so because it is easier than thinking. Taking as step back and looking on the team, I see a great many positives and some areas of concern.

But underscoring it all is hope and optimism for a better year. And it's not pollyanna, it's based on some football moves from a new FO that has a plan and a damn clue about running a football team. Buddy has smarts and patience. He knows where he is in the rebuild process. I gotta go with him. So let others dismiss and and just p*ss and moan. That's all they know how to do. The rest of us, Hell, let's enjoy the ride!

I think you may be right,we really dont know what to expect this year from this team.New defensive sceem,coaching and players.Maybe this is the making of a playoff team.Time will tell,but we have to have a winning record in our division first before we can even think about playoffs,and are we going to be able to finally beat the Pats?

You know what? A lot of people get torn a new one when they make predictions like the Bills will make the playoffs or will have a winning record.

The main thing to remember is that anything can happen on a Sunday. Sure, some teams had a huge offseason and on paper looked to be stacked. That doesnt mean that the team will gel and play well together.

I honestly think the Bills are in the proccess of putting the right pieces in order and I think we will all notice a change for the better sooner than we thought...

Wasn't Byrd a Pro Bowler

Byrd made the pro bowl on the merits of one skill: catching interceptions. As of now he's very far from being one of the best safeties in the game. Kyle Williams also made the pro bowl but he's a better fit at 4-3 DT and it's debatable whether he can make the transition to the 3-4 defense (especially if they plan on making him a NT).

What akm0404 may have meant was that the Bills have no players that are one of the best in the NFL at their position besides our punter. There are no players on the Bills that are worthy of building an offense or defense around. Hopefully CJ Spiller is that guy, maybe not.

That regime is gone.

I agree with alot but the part about Edwards having new england on the ropes is a joke, Our defense including Schobel was why they were on the ropes, Every game Edwards ever won or almost won, was because he threw underneath to the RB and the other teams hadnt seen this in 3 years from us. He never once put the ball over 10 yards in that game, and only the screens got any real yardage, Edwards is a scared baby who hopes and prays before every game that they wont cover the running back.

Byrd made the pro bowl on the merits of one skill: catching interceptions. As of now he's very far from being one of the best safeties in the game. Kyle Williams also made the pro bowl but he's a better fit at 4-3 DT and it's debatable whether he can make the transition to the 3-4 defense (especially if they plan on making him a NT).

What akm0404 may have meant was that the Bills have no players that are one of the best in the NFL at their position besides our punter. There are no players on the Bills that are worthy of building an offense or defense around. Hopefully CJ Spiller is that guy, maybe not.

evans is a top 3 deep threat

That regime is gone.

Whether it's good or it's bad, we can be sure it will be different, and that is exciting. If nothing else we wont have to hear antoher presser about "how hard" stuff is in this league (save the Wang, wood, levitre posts)

This team could be the Jets of last year and could be the Rams, but it wont be the same ol' we have seen. I am excited and ready for mini camp vid's.

That regime is gone.

Over the last ten years, what has the team done to give us any hope? It has been the same thing year in and year out. The marketing team of the Bills pumps the fans up with expectations of a competitive team only to be out of it by week 5. This is why so many people are speaking negative. If the Bills start winning then it all goes away.

What have you got against Roscoe?

well, he's a good punt catcher except for the times when he forgets to catch punts and they roll dead inside the 5, or there are times that he remembers to catch the ball but then he gets tackled inside the 5, or there are times when he fumbles away punts

as a wr he hasn't shown any ability and he's had chances. w.welker he isn't.