Cornell Green

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_player....mp;playerid=551

sub-par. took 13 penalties last year. makes Bell look like Walter Jones in that category.

I wonder how they gathered their stats as they seem different from the one's at http://boston.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp...5370&team=2 which indicate only 12 penalties but 6.5 sacks allowed compared to your site which shows 5.0.

I wonder how they gathered their stats as they seem different from the one's at http://boston.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp...5370&team=2 which indicate only 12 penalties but 6.5 sacks allowed compared to your site which shows 5.0.

Good question. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start. Depends on how well the young guns do I suppose.

I got statistics on linemen from other sites and they are all different. So, I guess you have to watch him play for yourself to find out. I didn't watch him, so I have to say that I don't know how good he is. He won a SB, he's a veteran, and hopefully he will play BEHIND Meredith who I am pretty high on now.

Oakland didn't want him. Nuff said.

That's not really a specific thing to say, man.

There are a whole host of reasons why a player not be brought back- least of which being age and who is up-and-coming on their roster for starters. Contract in relation to team salary structure, etc.

I don't think McNabb was done talent-wise in Philly, yet they decided that they did not want to hang on to him, either.

Green is an older, RT who is not a pro bowl type of player. Does that mean that he can't upgrade (or solidify) our line for the next year or two while we develop/ sign a free agent/ rookie?

Only time will tell.

But if he does come in and help bring our O-Line back from the grave, then he will be looked at as a sage signing.

Based on what we have seen so far from the Nix/ Whaley/ Gailey era, I like what is going on these days over at OBD.

Who cares what Oakland thinks. Aren't they the ones who still think that Jamarcus Russell is a QB?

Beat me to it. And these are the guys who wanted Darius Heyward-Bey. :D

Cornell Green is a monster at right tackle. He is fast as hell and from what i've seen of his Raiders games he is all over his guy in pass protection, smothers his guy all in their face. Don't know about his run blocking, but pass protection he's 9 out of 10. Penelties are another question. He seems to attract the yellow cloth alot. False starts and holding, hopefully coaches can get that out of the way. Dude will start unless Merideth wins the RT job. Can play for a couple of years or back up.

Greens job in my opinion is there so Meridith isn't being put in a position of too much pressure. Green will come into the season as the starter but Meridith will be give a more then reasonable shot to take that spot. If Meridith is shaky in pre-season and camp they let Green a vet who isn't too good is most likely better then a young guy who might not be ready yet.

Green also provides depth if Meridith beats him out for the spot (I am not sure if they feel like they can kick him out to Guard in case of injury). So yeah Green is a penalty machine who is solid in the running game and average in the passing game. All in all I hope Meridith beats him out but its good to have a vet there so Meridith has to work to get the job.

Every time someone links to that site, the collective IQ of TSW declines...

FWIW, I actually think that it is a pretty decent site. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In any event, the particular link is interesting given that it provides his ratings for particular weeks. It is interesting to see against which teams he did well against v. against which teams he did not do well.