Buddy Nix radio interview

Guest dog14787
He has lost it twice already how many more times does he have to lose it? Brohm is the guy the administration keeps mentioning. They also mention a strong arm and good decision making skills, neither of which Edwards has.

I have to really ask, are you related. I am serious here because anyone with just a general interest of the Bills knows this kid doesn't have it. Did you not hear the boos when he hit the field last and the cheers when he got hurt and left the field? The majority of money paying fans dont' want to see him again and this front office does need to sell tickets.

Brohm will be the starter, it is his job to lose and I just dont' see that happening.

Did you here mention of how we didn't want to start from scratch where the QB's concerned, now forgive me if I'm wrong , but who has the least amount of experience playing in the NFL on the Bills Roster besides Brown.

Put two and two together Buddy, its not that hard to do

Funny I didn't hear Edwards name at all. I did hear Brohms and I did hear Gailey gushing over Brohm on Sirius. Funny how fans try to hear what they want to hear even though it wasn't there.

It is funny how fans will hear whatever they want to hear. I believe that it is going to be an open competition and that the Bills will choose whichever QB they think will give us the best chance to win. I trust that Chan and Buddy will make the right decision whatever that may be.

But admit it. You will spontaneously combust if Chan and Buddy select Trent as the starter.

He has lost it twice already how many more times does he have to lose it? Brohm is the guy the administration keeps mentioning. They also mention a strong arm and good decision making skills, neither of which Edwards has.

I have to really ask, are you related. I am serious here because anyone with just a general interest of the Bills knows this kid doesn't have it. Did you not hear the boos when he hit the field last and the cheers when he got hurt and left the field? The majority of money paying fans dont' want to see him again and this front office does need to sell tickets.

Brohm will be the starter, it is his job to lose and I just dont' see that happening.

I think Fitzy has a better shot to start week one than Brohm and I think he'll get cut in the preseason. Brohm could definitely see the field this year and could even start some games, but I don't see him winning the job in camp. For all of the crap Edwards takes - for both his real shortcomings and his precieved shortcomings - at least he was never cut. Brohm might be a better player down the road or even right now, but if that is the case, that only lends credibility to the idea that there is something really wrong with him preventing him taking hold of a starting job or even a roster spot (in GB).

It sounds like your saying that the guy who twice fell apart when he got his chance is going to lose his job to the guy who thrice fell apart before he even got his chance (two camps in GB and a PT with Buffalo). He's going to have to do something to make the team before he is the starter.

I personally don't give a crap who starts as long as they are the best player in camp and preseason and continue it through the real games.

I think Fitzy has a better shot to start week one than Brohm and I think he'll get cut in the preseason. Brohm could definitely see the field this year and could even start some games, but I don't see him winning the job in camp. For all of the crap Edwards takes - for both his real shortcomings and his precieved shortcomings - at least he was never cut. Brohm might be a better player down the road or even right now, but if that is the case, that only lends credibility to the idea that there is something really wrong with him preventing him taking hold of a starting job or even a roster spot (in GB).

It sounds like your saying that the guy who twice fell apart when he got his chance is going to lose his job to the guy who thrice fell apart before he even got his chance (two camps in GB and a PT with Buffalo). He's going to have to do something to make the team before he is the starter.

I personally don't give a crap who starts as long as they are the best player in camp and preseason and continue it through the real games.

This is a blank slate. Last year means squat. 4 QBs going in, one comes out. No one is a favorite.

PTR

This thing of yours with Nix, Brohm and Edwards is very reminiscent of your mancrush on Rob Johnson back in the day--how RJ was the greatest QB of all time. You continue to crusade without listening.

The two radio guys said "Can Edwards or Fitz be a star?" Nix then says don't forget about Brohm--which of course he would say if the job is up for competition as he does not want to give the impression Brohm does not have a fair chance--but then goes on to explain how Edwards was put in a totally unfair situation last year. From that, you say Edwards is definitely out, and Brohm has "the job to lose." That conclusion is nonsense--he went out of his way to excuse what happened to Edwards.

I think Nix explained what they are doing--they have three guys with the physical ability and smarts to play QB, as much as anyone they would have drafted. He hopes one of them can grab the job. So do I, and I don't care which one, just use the best guy--hopefully he can be at least above average. If you don't like that, then you don't like what Nix is doing. So stop the hate on Edwards, he's going to get a fair shake and if he sucks like you say--can't make the throws, etc.(directly contrary to what Nix said by the way, so you and Buddy don't agree)--then he will lose out on the competition. But get used to the fact he will get a fair shot at being the starting QB.

This is a blank slate. Last year means squat. 4 QBs going in, one comes out. No one is a favorite.

PTR

Exactly. And who you think will win the job is based on how you think each of the 3(four if you include Brown, who is the longshot) will perform with new coaching, systems, line etc. My own view is its' 40-40% chance of Edwards/Brohm, 19% Fitz, and 1% Brown. But that's just my betting line.

Did you not hear the boos when he hit the field last and the cheers when he got hurt and left the field? The majority of money paying fans dont' want to see him again and this front office does need to sell tickets.

:thumbsup:

As a long-time tix holder, I'd say the RWS croud does that to any QB (even Jimbo) when the team's losing more than it wins. Win and you're a hero, lose and you're a bum...no rocket surgery there.

That said, I think whichever QB can keep their eyes focused downfield, rather than on the rush, will be the starter. Edwards regressed (much like JP) when he began to watch the pass rush more than the WRs...

I would think that they're going to mention Brohm a bit more because he's the only one of the three who really has any upside at this point. Edwards and Fitzpatrick are what they are.

It's nice to know that there finally is a direction with this team instead of the endless wandering that has been going on for the last 10 or so years.

Yup. It is going to take some time, and there will be painful periods in the 2010 season (IMO), but at least you get the feeling that there is direction. There is a plan. I can put up with more losing as long as I can glimpse a different future.

This is good stuff- a timely and relevant interview with our GM.

Makes you wonder how nice it would be if we had some good sports radio around here, instead of those Hockey Schills in Buffalo, one of whom isn't even a Bills fan, and all of the terribad callers and minor league talk on the Rochester sports radio show.

I love the part where they ask him the question about did you think about taking a call to trade down from #9. Buddy replied that he's conservative and that he likes things to come to him. He then said something along the lines that he didn't understand how those teams move up or down because he wouldn't be able to remember where he was supposed to draft if we did that. Classic! I said in another thread that I didn't think our front office knew how to trade up or down. I guess I was right.

Yup. It is going to take some time, and there will be painful periods in the 2010 season (IMO), but at least you get the feeling that there is direction. There is a plan. I can put up with more losing as long as I can glimpse a different future.

I guess the one nice thing about Nix/Gailey and Company is that they aren't Brandon/Jauron and Company. I feel much better about whichever direction the offense is heading, because I honestly don't think it could get any worse than what we have seen for the last couple of years.

I would imagine that the defense is considerably improved by just switching to the 3-4 and having the intent on stopping the run with the additions to the line and linebackers.

The Bills might not have the overall talent to compete for the division this year but they should have enough talent and coaching to make them competitive in every game. I am hoping that the years of ho hum boring Jauronesque football is over. Enough was enough with trying to keep it close and giving yourself a chance. Bullsh*t! Win and win often should be the motto.

I love the part where they ask him the question about did you think about taking a call to trade down from #9. Buddy replied that he's conservative and that he likes things to come to him. He then said something along the lines that he didn't understand how those teams move up or down because he wouldn't be able to remember where he was supposed to draft if we did that. Classic! I said in another thread that I didn't think our front office knew how to trade up or down. I guess I was right.

I think that he was being humorous. He has used that line a couple of times.