Mcshay's 2011 mock draft

This team could very well have the first pick overall. They have to play Pats, Jets and Dolphins twice. All teams are better than the Bills and they also have their teams well coached and poised for playoff runs. The out of division games are not much easier. I could see a three win season and a top three pick.

That's ok though, the Dolphins had a one win season and were able to turn it around and win the division the next year. I see this as the Bills' game plan. 2010 is about seeing who can play and who needs to go before the new Mallett, Locker or Luck (hopefully playoff filled) era of the Buffalo Bills.

Bills won't be picking #1. I see them winning no more than 4 to 5 games, but

the Raiders, Rams, Chiefs and Buc's are worse. Even after the draft.

I think they Win 6-8 Games and give a lot of Teams a MUCH tougher Game than they will expect...If The Bills simply Run it a little better and stop the Run they are not going to be a push-over...But they will lose a lot of Games late in the 4th unless a QB steps up and proves himself...No way do I see them Picking 1st in 2011...

They won't Pick 31st either... :P

Last year we had no O-line, terrible QBs, no offensive production whatsoever, injuries galore and we STILL finished 6-10. This team can't even bottom out properly! :P

people have been saying this for years. none of us WANT the team to lose, but if they are going to suck, they might as well suck hard so they dont end up with these draft picks in the 9-14 range. we've been landing the "second tier" talent for years and letting the top tier get picked right before us.

Nix knows whats up after helping build the Chargers. they had the #1 pick in 2001, #5 in 2002, and #1 again in 2004.

people have been saying this for years. none of us WANT the team to lose, but if they are going to suck, they might as well suck hard so they dont end up with these draft picks in the 9-14 range. we've been landing the "second tier" talent for years and letting the top tier get picked right before us.

Nix knows whats up after helping build the Chargers. they had the #1 pick in 2001, #5 in 2002, and #1 again in 2004.

Amen.

Still, when the game starts I can't root for a loss. Even if, in this case, it may be the absolute best thing that could happen for the franchise. They need a franchise QB and unless you get insanely lucky and find a gem like Brady late in the draft, it's very tough to find one when you're picking outside of the top 4 or 5.

Ask the Colts if they would have traded one or two more wins in 98 for Manning.

really! you all are going to play this game 4 days after the draft has finnished? We will not have the 1st pick next year!! I see the rams, panthers, bucs fighting for that pick. Todd McWho!!! this is the same guy who only got the 1st pick in the draft correct! That's your source? Come on guys. I'm shocked than even 1 person on here would entertain the notion that he might be right. Wow! just Wow!

We won't have the top pick. There are some really, really bad teams out there. St. Louis, Detroit, KC, Tampa come to mind. Seattle might have had a great draft but that won't all come together this year, and their veterans are really old. Oakland won't miraculously go 11-5 with Jason Campbell. Jacksonville didn't improve it's team. Carolina's success depends on Matt Moore, so that's a coin flip at this point. Same with Arizona and Leinart. If Cutler doesn't get it together the Bears still suck. We won't get out of the top ten, but we won't draft #1. Somewhere between 3-9 is my guess.

This is all moot since we probably have a lockout in 2011. Although there would still be a draft I suppose...

Luck's throwing motion reminds me of Jim Kelly's a little bit. He's got good form and a good arm...he looks like a starting NFL QB (just needs to add some bulk). I would be thrilled if we got lucky and landed "luck" in next years draft.

(Don't post often...my horrible pun is one reason why)

Your pun is downright Shakesperean compared to the rest of us hacks around here. Don't let that stop you from posting.

GO BILLS!!!

This team could very well have the first pick overall. They have to play Pats, Jets and Dolphins twice. All teams are better than the Bills and they also have their teams well coached and poised for playoff runs. The out of division games are not much easier. I could see a three win season and a top three pick.

OMG. I had no idea we were playing the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins twice each this season!! The NFL schedule makers really screwed the Bills this season!!!

Seriously, what is it with all the people who make random statements about how the Bills are bad in one unit or another, and somehow totally forget they said the same thing the prior year, yet somehow they won 6 or 7 games? With the exact same people!!!

From 2008 to 2009 the main change was losing Peters, AND they went from an extremely easy schedule in 2008 to an extremely hard one in 2009. They've also been brutalized by injuries three years in a row, btw - far worse than the average team.

This year's schedule is easier than last year's by far AND the Bills haven't lost anyone that mattered to the W/L total. (Did TO win a bunch of games for us last season???)

Why in hell would they be any worse at all this year? Because of the transition to the 3-4 defense??

OMG. I had no idea we were playing the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins twice each this season!! The NFL schedule makers really screwed the Bills this season!!!

Seriously, what is it with all the people who make random statements about how the Bills are bad in one unit or another, and somehow totally forget they said the same thing the prior year, yet somehow they won 6 or 7 games? With the exact same people!!!

From 2008 to 2009 the main change was losing Peters, AND they went from an extremely easy schedule in 2008 to an extremely hard one in 2009. They've also been brutalized by injuries three years in a row, btw - far worse than the average team.

This year's schedule is easier than last year's by far AND the Bills haven't lost anyone that mattered to the W/L total. (Did TO win a bunch of games for us last season???)

Why in hell would they be any worse at all this year? Because of the transition to the 3-4 defense??

That's bullcrap! :P

"Soft" games...

Jets w/ rookie QB twice

Bucs

Browns

Panthers

Texans

Jaguars

Chiefs

Colts 2nd and 3rd string in a blizzard

Jags

Chiefs

Bears

Lions

I think the Bills will be competitive (that's what my hope is, but I have a hard time seeing them get to even 5 wins with the 2010 schedule). This is truly a rebuilding year and the expectations should be pretty low considering they have the worst QB situation in the league.

I hate to say it, but I think we are going to be in the bottom 3 in the league next year. The usual bad teams have all improved. Maybe the Rams are worse than us. Cleveland is much better, they've beaten us the last 2 years. The Raiders are MUCH better than the Bills. The Lions are on the right track.

However, I am hopeful that the draft was a good one. We won't know for a few years, but they stuck to their guns and brought in players that can fill some needs (and yes, a playmaking RB was a huge need).

If I had to fathom a guess at where we will rank next year, I would say we will be in the top 5 along with the following:

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Of those 4, you could make the argument that the Rams won't be drafting a QB. The Bucs won't likely be drafting a QB either. Jacksonville should be and KC is a wild card.

I heard an interview with McShay the other day. He said he HATED to have to do a 2011 mock now because of all the guesswork but the geniuses at ESPN required him to. Who else could he possibly stash at the number 1 pick instead of the Bills? The Lions and Bucs have second year QB's that will be better and TB was actually playing well at the end of the year. The Browns, Raiders and Seahawks have improved greatly. I think the only competition is the Bills and the Rams. That being said I think Locker should be the pick.

Bills won't be picking #1. I see them winning no more than 4 to 5 games, but

the Raiders, Rams, Chiefs and Buc's are worse. Even after the draft.

I hope the Raiders aren't that bad -7 to 10 victories would be great. Remember, the *pats get their first round choice (the Seymour deal).The last thing I want to see is Belichek picking first, or worse, trading down for another 4 or 5 picks

I hate to say it, but I think we are going to be in the bottom 3 in the league next year. The usual bad teams have all improved. Maybe the Rams are worse than us. Cleveland is much better, they've beaten us the last 2 years. The Raiders are MUCH better than the Bills. The Lions are on the right track.

However, I am hopeful that the draft was a good one. We won't know for a few years, but they stuck to their guns and brought in players that can fill some needs (and yes, a playmaking RB was a huge need).

If I had to fathom a guess at where we will rank next year, I would say we will be in the top 5 along with the following:

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Of those 4, you could make the argument that the Rams won't be drafting a QB. The Bucs won't likely be drafting a QB either. Jacksonville should be and KC is a wild card.

I dont see Jax being that bad at all. You can count on one team having a bad year our of no where too.

I see us picking top 5. New D scheme, all rookies/players that dont fit in the front 7, No QB, no OL, no wins.