Chris Brown - Bills "Reporter"

Chris Brown of BB.com is now getting his news from espn rumor central. This is in regards to the bills being interested in Flozell Adams. This is pretty pathetic reporting, he seems to be getting worst with age. Does he have no connections with the front office or is he just being lazy? Lately I think the singer might have better info about the bills.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Chris posts on the official Buffalo Bills site, I think it's unlikely he enjoys true journalistic "freedom" concerning content. I also doubt the Bills call him with unreported tips.

Chris Brown of BB.com is now getting his news from espn rumor central. This is in regards to the bills being interested in Flozell Adams. This is pretty pathetic reporting, he seems to be getting worst with age. Does he have no connections with the front office or is he just being lazy? Lately I think the singer might have better info about the bills.

Slow day at work, huh? :P

Since Chris posts on the official Buffalo Bills site, I think it's unlikely he enjoys true journalistic "freedom" concerning content. I also doubt the Bills call him with unreported tips.

Remember when CB was a real reporter with his own publication. Then he went out of business? Oh, wait... :P

What exactly are you complaining about - that he has not written about something that you believe is happening behind the scenes ? Perhaps he is waiting for something real to happen ? Writing about rumors isn't really reporting.

From his blog, he writes "ESPN Rumor Central looks to be speculating more than anything else, but they believe a veteran free agent offensive tackle could be pegged." He is merely commenting on what has appeared on Rumor Central. He did not state it as a news item. If there is a specific item of his you want to criticize, please link it.

What exactly are you complaining about - that he has not written about something that you believe is happening behind the scenes ? Perhaps he is waiting for something real to happen ? Writing about rumors isn't really reporting. If there is a specific item of his you want to criticize, please link it.

+1

Plus i dont see how reporting a rumor heard from a trusted source ESPN, leads to him sucking. Im sure he is told and has a strict schedule on what to do.

Yeah, Chris Brown, the Buffalo Bills official reporter, should have told us all before the draft that the Bills were locked into Spiller at 9, the interest in Tebow was strictly a smoke screen, and they weren't planning on taking a QB early.

That would have made his bosses happy.

Just to make sure I've got this straight, Brown isn't allowed to comment on what other outlets may be reporting? Kind of thought that was part of the reason for the blog, which is separate and distinct from the stories and videos he produces for bb.com and Bills Digest. I may have some issues with the overall idea of team-affiliated writers, but I see nothing wrong with this blog post.

And Buddy isn't going to call you. Sorry.

I respect Brown because he's the offical Bills reporter. But I never liked him and I never cared for anything he's had to say about the team. He's fairly boring as a reporter and only reports things we already know. He's even a fairly poor interviewer. I suppose he's bound by strict rules, seeing how he's employed by the Bills and is probably just a puppet. He's just the face the Bills use to put out their censored and scripted Bills material.

He works for the front office.

Small point.

C'mon... give Chris a break. he's not a reporter... he's a messenger... He's sort of a scaled down version of Scott Berchtold. Buffalobills.com is propaganda. It's all peaches and cream there. So, don't go looking for "dirt" or the real deal there.

C'mon... give Chris a break. he's not a reporter... he's a messenger... He's sort of a scaled down version of Scott Berchtold. Buffalobills.com is propaganda. It's all peaches and cream there. So, don't go looking for "dirt" or the real deal there.

I don't mind that BB.com puts a smiley face on everything (it is just another source of information). They have a good site and were one of the first to put a really good NFL team site together.

Alot of his stuff is on a positive slant but his game day blogs have been fairly critical. The Tennessee game in particular was especially harsh and it should have been because the Bills had a bad day. He is better than you give him credit for and you should congratulate yourself on how many people have looked at this and commented which is basically what you criticize him for.