JaMarcus Russel about to be cut

While there's usually one or two people who make a case to sign every single player released, I think this is one guy who nobody will want. Then again, I could be wrong.

Russell is the biggest bust of all time. Bigger than Leaf.

Nah Leaf was a bigger bust but Russell is a very close second. He was drafted #1 based on one bowl game. No way do the Bills sign him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LINK:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23022/clayton-raiders-preparing-to-cut-russell

Now I know Russell was maybe the worst QB in the league for the Raiders, but he does have a cannon, and is young.

So with that in mind, any chance we (the bills) or you as a Bills fan, has interest is Russell?

Keep in mind, Russell did play for the Raiders. I am not making excuses for the young man, but it is hard to develope into a superstar, or even a good player when the Raiders draft you. No matter how good or talented you were supposed to be. (i.e. Huff, Gallary, McFadden, etc)

I am not under the dillusion that russell is the answer for the Bills, but if he were cheap and easily signed, would you remotely be interested?

My answer: NO

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE .... and just walk away!!!

Nah Leaf was a bigger bust but Russell is a very close second. He was drafted #1 based on one bowl game. No way do the Bills sign him.

Wasn't JR the first pick in the draft and Leaf the second. Also, didn't JR get a ton more money?

As an aside - in a way I feel sorry for Leaf. I think that he has/had some emotional issue dealing with the pressure. JR, on the other hand, would prefer to be at the craps table than spend any time trying to learn how to be an NFL QB.

LINK:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23022/clayton-raiders-preparing-to-cut-russell

Now I know Russell was maybe the worst QB in the league for the Raiders, but he does have a cannon, and is young.

So with that in mind, any chance we (the bills) or you as a Bills fan, has interest is Russell?

Keep in mind, Russell did play for the Raiders. I am not making excuses for the young man, but it is hard to develope into a superstar, or even a good player when the Raiders draft you. No matter how good or talented you were supposed to be. (i.e. Huff, Gallary, McFadden, etc)

I am not under the dillusion that russell is the answer for the Bills, but if he were cheap and easily signed, would you remotely be interested?

I like tsw but this topic is not even worth discussing. Should the biggest bust in draft history be the next bills qb, great idea let's add a huge problem to the long list of big problems.

No way, the man had 60 million reasons too bust his ass and become something and just plain squandered the opportunity. Besides we have our 4 QBs going into camp already. If Gruden was our coach then I would expect 3 more QBs in camp.

This isn't quite as dumb as the suggestion of trading Lynch for him.....but it's close.

The only other athlete I can think of who absolutely quit after getting his huge paycheck was Buster Douglas, and at least he had to get the crap beat out of him to earn his fortune.

This is not even worthy of a post.

Jamarcus Russell is JP Losman to the 10th degree of suckitude.

This isn't quite as dumb as the suggestion of trading Lynch for him.....but it's close.

The only other athlete I can think of who absolutely quit after getting his huge paycheck was Buster Douglas, and at least he had to get the crap beat out of him to earn his fortune.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT Career

354 680 4083 52.1 6.00 86 x 18 23 70 xxxx 65.2

So, roughly 450k a sack? :)

Remember this?...none of that looks so good any more! That whole class of QB's can get flushed. It was my brothers wedding day and I remember having the bar tender running me draft picks. Young, Leinert, Cutler...sucks.

Watch the video, please! It is amazing after the draft to be ab le to see these kinds of highlights...and...now...(I tried looking for a highlight but you cannot recognize what has not been done.)

Huh? I'd take Vince over any of our QB's in an instant. He has turned it around based on last season. The Titans and Jeff Fisher (one of the top 5 coachies in the league IMHO) sure seem to think so.

As for JeMarcus, no chance. You've got a perfect example of an Al Davis pick there. Al Davis logic: "He has a big arm, he must be a great QB". That's like what my friend used to call Donkey Logic: a donkey has four legs, a chair has four legs. A chair must be a donkey!

Honestly, if the guy could be brought in cheap on a 1 year contract, why not? Sometimes being humbled like the way Russell was could be the best thing ever for a career. Maybe he suddenly sees the light. He has all the talent in the world.

And the talk about him being close to Leaf couldn't be further from the truth. Considerign the dysfuntion in Oakland (coach being fired midway through the season, Javon Walker being signed a big contract, a crappy oline), his 2nd season was actually pretty decent. 13 tds to 8 INTs and a 77.1 QB rating. http://www.nfl.com/players/jamarcusrussell...le?id=RUS539462 That's better than a lot of 2nd year QBs.

It's just funny how much people want to attack the original poster. If it was a one year contract for little $, why not look at the guy?

If we had like some super duper magical coach of QBs like gruden or mcdanials, I say he would be worth a cheap contract. But...... I would rather have players that we don't have to force to work.

By all accounts, Russell (if he got in better shapes) sounds like the type of QB Gailey works well with.