Report: Marshawn Lynch wants out of Buffalo

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/919...tm_term=packers

Green Bay — If the Green Bay Packers are interested in acquiring a veteran running back after the draft, add the name of Marshawn Lynch to that of Brian Westbrook on the list of possibilities.

Lynch, a 1,000-yard rusher in 2007 and '08 but with a long history of off-field problems, wants out of Buffalo and the Bills appear more than willing to trade him.

"I'm sure they'd be willing to take whatever at this point," a personnel director for a National Football League team said Friday. "They've got too many guys and they're trying to move him, but I don't know if there's much activity. He just doesn't want to be there. Just not a good situation."

The Packers might have selected Lynch with their first-round draft choice in 2007, but the Bills took him with the 12th choice. Four choices later, Green Bay took defensive tackle Justin Harrell.

Lynch was suspended for the first three games of 2009 after pleading guilty to a weapons charge. Fred Jackson then played so well that Lynch couldn't get his job back.

When the Bills drafted running back C.J. Spiller with the ninth pick Thursday night, Lynch's career in Buffalo appeared finished.

Lynch, who turned 24 Thursday, has two years remaining on a modest contract. He hasn't been participating in the Bills' off-season workout program.

In three seasons, the hard-running Lynch has rushed 650 times for 2,601 yards (4.0) and 17 touchdowns. He also has 93 receptions for 663 yards. Last year, he rushed for 450 yards.

"He went to the Pro Bowl," the personnel man said. "He's a good player."

Lynch, 5 feet, 11 inches and 215 pounds, played in the same backfield with Aaron Rodgers at the University of California in 2004.

Westbrook, 30, became a free agent Feb. 23 when the Philadelphia Eagles released him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice of the anonymous source to say that we would take "whatever at this point."

It sounds like someone trying to deflate whatever market there is. I doubt that the Bills will take "whatever at this point." They will hold on to him unless someone offers something worthwile.

Green Bay — If the Green Bay Packers are interested in acquiring a veteran running back after the draft, add the name of Marshawn Lynch to that of Brian Westbrook on the list of possibilities.

Lynch, a 1,000-yard rusher in 2007 and '08 but with a long history of off-field problems, wants out of Buffalo and the Bills appear more than willing to trade him.

"I'm sure they'd be willing to take whatever at this point," a personnel director for a National Football League team said Friday. "They've got too many guys and they're trying to move him, but I don't know if there's much activity. He just doesn't want to be there. Just not a good situation."

The Packers might have selected Lynch with their first-round draft choice in 2007, but the Bills took him with the 12th choice. Four choices later, Green Bay took defensive tackle Justin Harrell.

Lynch was suspended for the first three games of 2009 after pleading guilty to a weapons charge. Fred Jackson then played so well that Lynch couldn't get his job back.

When the Bills drafted running back C.J. Spiller with the ninth pick Thursday night, Lynch's career in Buffalo appeared finished.

Lynch, who turned 24 Thursday, has two years remaining on a modest contract. He hasn't been participating in the Bills' off-season workout program.

In three seasons, the hard-running Lynch has rushed 650 times for 2,601 yards (4.0) and 17 touchdowns. He also has 93 receptions for 663 yards. Last year, he rushed for 450 yards.

Lynch, 5 feet, 11 inches and 215 pounds, played in the same backfield with Aaron Rodgers at the University of California in 2004.

Westbrook, 30, became a free agent Feb. 23 when the Philadelphia Eagles released him.

Old news...already been refuted.

It is nice of the the anonymous source to say that we would take "whatever at this point."

It sounds like someon trying to deflate whatever market there is. I doubt that the Bills wil take "whatever at this point."

Green Bay area reporter drumming up support for a trade to ... Green Bay. yada yada yada

A conditional 3rd rounder in 2011. If Marshawn has over 1200 yards then it becomes a 2nd rounder. Take it or leave it Green Bay. Nix is not a guy who's going to just hand over Lynch at this point in time, because he knows that Lynch is at the top of the list of RBs that contending teams will trade for in the event of an injury to their starter.

who cares. he's under contract. If he pulls a peters, let him collect fines and no paycheck. Hopefully nix is smarter than trading everyone that "doesn't want to be here". It shouldn't be left up to the players. they need to undo a bad precedent.

who cares. he's under contract. If he pulls a peters, let him collect fines and no paycheck. Hopefully nix is smarter than trading everyone that "doesn't want to be here". It shouldn't be left up to the players. they need to undo a bad precedent.

As Buddy said, it is not up to him. I loved that.

Apparently this PD believed the telephone game being played WRT Lynch. And the Bills were offered Seattle's 2-4th rounders and passed, as they rightfully should have. So much for "taking anything for him."

Apparently this PD believed the telephone game being played WRT Lynch. And the Bills were offered Seattle's 2-4th rounders and passed, as they rightfully should have. So much for "taking anything for him."

^^^This...

Que Price is Right Epic Fail Music for the reporter...

he will report to mandatory camp, last i heard.

jw

It is nice of the the anonymous source to say that we would take "whatever at this point."

It sounds like someon trying to deflate whatever market there is. I doubt that the Bills will take "whatever at this point." They will hold on to him unless someone offers something worthwile.

Your are right dude. If that was the case, we would have traded him for a 4th or 5th round pick. But in my opinion, you dont trade Lynch unless you get more value than that. RB's are easily hurt, even though we have 3 good ones.

My opinion-keep lynch untill you can get good value for him, or he truly becomes a team cancer (which he may be close to doing)

Once again the new bills leadership is showing their mettle.....

Dont release him just because he wants out......show up and play your @ss off or sit and meanwhile we will have your replacement waiting in the bullpen in CJ Spiller

He was a 1st round pick who has had 1000 yard seasons......why let him go for significantly less?

Could it just possibly be that the unidentified personnel director works for the Packers and is trying to deflate Lynch's value? Nah, that couldn't possibly be.

It sounds like someon trying to deflate whatever market there is. I doubt that the Bills will take "whatever at this point." They will hold on to him unless someone offers something worthwile.

They should not take "whatever at this point". Starters always get injured during pre-season and then teams get desperate. We should not take anything less that second round pick next year. He is a good power back. I would not have a problem keeping him etheir

I suspect the offer for "whatever" came and went in last weeks draft. "Whatever" wasn't good enough then and it isn't now. If ML wants out he should demonstrate that he isn't so much of a conduct issue by showing up for conditioning and playing his ass off. Then, there may be enhanced interest with ML getting his departure and the Bills getting more in return. Otherwise, the Bills can let ML sit through the Lake Erie gusts kind of like Al Davis did to Marcus Allen (just as long as Uncle Ralph doesn't go bonkers like Al Davis).

A conditional 2nd rounder in 2011. If Marshawn has over 1200 yards then it becomes a 1st rounder. Take it or leave it Green Bay. Nix is not a guy who's going to just hand over Lynch at this point in time, because he knows that Lynch is at the top of the list of RBs that contending teams will trade for in the event of an injury to their starter.

fixed :)

now seriously. these reporters can talk/write all they want. nix wont just give him away. you want him, you pay for.

and thats the right way to go.